Milan at Humboldt

bulldawgs#1

ok...GCpioneer...for one...we aren't GC...so the score won't be a blow out like it was when they played yall...and yes...im not saying that milan blows this year...i agree that they are great football team, they are the best team that humboldt has played this year...and in my opinion along with other's opinions, the game friday night will have 2 great teams playing against eachother for 1st place in the region, pride, and bragging rights...

agreed

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true...but we still beat yall...lol you can't change that and i bet yall remember that longer than making it to semi-finals...

Not a chance.

ok...GCpioneer...for one...we aren't GC...so the score won't be a blow out like it was when they played yall...and yes...im not saying that milan blows this year...i agree that they are great football team, they are the best team that humboldt has played this year...and in my opinion along with other's opinions, the game friday night will have 2 great teams playing against eachother for 1st place in the region, pride, and bragging rights...

I also agree.

Actually this is Coach's 11th season, averaging just over 10 wins a season. Season openers and scrimmages are two totally different things. We were very inexperienced in week 1 and the game was much closer than the score indicates. And our team this year is also better than the team we had 2 years ago when we came and played with Day Day. If you plan on beating us anytime in the next couple of years you better get us now.

Such as?

Coach Morris said Crockett Co. was good team but we made them look a lot better .It seems jeff always feels a loss {and they have been rare} is because Milan didn't play well. Coach Morris has the best staff of asst. coaches in the state and at least in print and radio I never hear him acknowlege them. As good as Milan has been over the years they have been beaten by teams that were wellcoached and superior talent wise. HUmboldt imo is a good example several years the Vikings had better players but lost to Milan because of the coaching Of Morris and his staff. Crockett Co. was simply better and well coached why not say we got beat by a better team ? I have a lot of respect for Milan's tradition and their fans I just think the losses could be handled better by Coach Morris.

On the season Wardlow is 13 of 60 for 270 yds. 1TD and 3 interceptions. Humboldt is averaging 250 on the ground and 55 through the air a game. Milan has allowed 92 on the ground and 113 in the air a game. The strength of our defense is definatley on the ground but we cannot allow the big play. I don't know much about Humboldts defense but I like our offense diversity. Wells has thrown touchdowns to 6 different recievers. He has also ran for 280 yards and 2 scores. Kirby and Bledsoe have done well from the running back spot and Prince will get his yards at fullback.

Also...has anyone noticed Jay Fields. He was barely getting his XPs over against CC and GC now he's puttin KOs on the goaline consistently. Everytime I drove by the stadium in the evening there for a couple of weeks I saw him out there with guess who...Brad Langley

On the season Wardlow is 13 of 60 for 270 yds. 1TD and 3 interceptions. Humboldt is averaging 250 on the ground and 55 through the air a game. Milan has allowed 92 on the ground and 113 in the air a game. The strength of our defense is definatley on the ground but we cannot allow the big play. I don't know much about Humboldts defense but I like our offense diversity. Wells has thrown touchdowns to 6 different recievers. He has also ran for 280 yards and 2 scores. Kirby and Bledsoe have done well from the running back spot and Prince will get his yards at fullback.

Also...has anyone noticed Jay Fields. He was barely getting his XPs over against CC and GC now he's puttin KOs on the goaline consistently. Everytime I drove by the stadium in the evening there for a couple of weeks I saw him out there with guess who...Brad Langley

yea...brad langley and his dad bobby have been working with out kicker (humboldt) ever since he was a freshman and now he's a junior...bobby and brad have turned him from a soccer player into an accurate and good kicker

Yeah, Brad's a great guy and his dad is too. We've had some great kickers lately, but Brad was definitely the best. I think he might have made a trip to Knoxville if it wasn't for some kid named "Wilhoit," and I think we all know about him. Instead, Brad, went to Southern Miss. and some smalltown kicker with a booster/alum for a daddy ended up kicking. One of those "politics situation."

Coach Morris said Crockett Co. was good team but we made them look a lot better .It seems jeff always feels a loss {and they have been rare} is because Milan didn't play well. Coach Morris has the best staff of asst. coaches in the state and at least in print and radio I never hear him acknowlege them. As good as Milan has been over the years they have been beaten by teams that were wellcoached and superior talent wise. HUmboldt imo is a good example several years the Vikings had better players but lost to Milan because of the coaching Of Morris and his staff. Crockett Co. was simply better and well coached why not say we got beat by a better team ? I have a lot of respect for Milan's tradition and their fans I just think the losses could be handled better by Coach Morris.

I, having been coached by him for four years, know for a fact that Coach Morris gives credit where credit is due, he just doesn’t like doing interviews. Coach Morris acknowledges his assistants constantly and trust me he knows perfectly well how important they are to Milan’s success. As for the CC game, we did make them look a lot better than we should have. We held the game within one TD until the end of the game and then our defense just got temporarily stupid, and made it look like the dominated. CC probably has a better team than us, but Morris knows that they are beatable. Morris made the point clear that CC has a great team, but as a coach he focused on the things that WE did wrong. Isn't that what coaches are supposed to do? I have nothing but respect for Coach Morris. He knows that at times we face teams that are superior, but to him, no team superior, inferior, or equal, is unbeatable if we play good enough, so our play is what he focuses on.

After all, even if they are better...

"If you do what you've been coached to do, and play every play like it's the one that will determine the game, I like our chances."--Coach Jeff Morris

Edited by BulldawgDynasty