Marshall Co At Cheatham Co

zorroschild

If Marshall Co does what they should this week against a mediocre Cheatham Co team then they will be sitting pretty in the Region race! With a win over either DL or Giles later on we can still host a home playoff game and if we can beat both we can still be region CHAMPS! Remember last year we were 2-4 at this same point In the season and we turned it on in the 2nd half of the season! Look out it could be "The Year of The Tiger" Livingston Academy finished last season 5-5 and never lost again! Why cant we?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Marshall Co does what they should this week against a mediocre Cheatham Co team then they will be sitting pretty in the Region race! With a win over either DL or Giles later on we can still host a home playoff game and if we can beat both we can still be region CHAMPS! Remember last year we were 2-4 at this same point In the season and we turned it on in the 2nd half of the season! Look out it could be "The Year of The Tiger" Livingston Academy finished last season 5-5 and never lost again! Why cant we?

Never lose again? We might not ever win again this year !!!

I'm shocked how this season has taken such a downward turn.

Both teams need this one as the loser in this game takes a huge hit in the playoff race. Need more????

REGION 5-3A (after week five):

1.) Giles Co.: 5-0 (2-0): Mont. Cent.

2.) Lipscomb: 4-1 (2-0): at Spring Hill

3.) Marshall Co.: 2-4 (2-1): at Cheatham

4.) Creek Wood: 2-3 (1-1): Page

4.) Page: 2-3 (1-1): at Creek Wood

6.) Spring Hill: 2-4 (1-2): Lipscomb

7.) Cheatham Co.: 1-4 (0-2): Marshall

7.) Montgomery Central: 1-4 (0-2): at Giles

Does Marshall County even know that it is football they are playing on Friday night? if they play the way they have been then this could be the "year of the tiger" with a 2-8 record. i will put some faith in my boys, though, and say that they will pull out the victory...22-14. they need this win...if they lose they still have a chance by beating mont. central and Giles...even though Giles has an awesome team this year! Good luck to all teams in Region 5...but moreso to the tigers!!!!

How is the Hightower kid doing for Marshall Co.????? I heard that he had a "staph infection" that may have held him out of last night's game. Was that the case???? Is the Gower kid throwing the football well since he came back from injury???? How is Cavalla O'Neal doing???? I saw where he got hurt against Greenbrier.

Hightower is fine..no staph. We thought he broke his arm Friday night, but that turned out okay as well. Cavalla O'neal did play Friday night.

Marshall County, has had some tough injuries this year to there top 3 players Gower,Hightower, and O'neal. The people of MC need get behind the players AND COACH to help them through this tough stretch, because high school football is suppose to be about the KIDS! For the kids sake and the current staff I hope things get better .

This is a tough game for me. The down the street school when I was growing up watching Rodney Davis beat Brentwood Academy in the playoffs and the down the street school where I live now. Has Marshall County football fallen that far? They were a force in the 80's. The Cubs lost everybody it seems off last years team, but their qb is more than decent. I say Cubs by less than a touchdown for the 4th spot in the region for playoff consideration. Somebody else will end up in third.