Cosby @ Unaka in Mtn East Conf Action

HighSchoolFanatic

I'll go ahead and get this out of the way first. Cosby, congratulations. You guys did what you needed to do to win. You've pretty much got 2nd place wraped up, along with a home play-off game, so enjoy... BUT, you guys don't have ANYTHING for Hampton. Sorry. Its the honest truth. Your offense could only really muster one good drive tonight (the one that scored the 2nd touchdown). The first TD, some people are gonna say it was a blown coverage, but it wasn't. The corner just got BURNT. And there's nothing you can do about that. He just out-ran our coverage..... Your deffense was OK in the first half. I said who ever had the least mentle mistakes and penalties would win, and lone behold, mentle mistakes and penalties kept Unaka out of the endzone the 1st half (and a 1 or 2 timely stops by the Cosby D). In the 2nd half, Cosby finally figured it out. I swear, if you would have just changed the uniforms, I woulda thought I was watching a tape of the Unaka/Temple game from last year... That game we ran it practicly EVERY play, so Temple just put 8,9, sometimes 10 people in the box. And thats what Cosby had to do too. Stack the box and get penatration. Thats all you have to do when the opposeing team is running nothing but sweeps and powers right up the middle.... Thats all they had to do to win, and they did it... I honestly thought we had brought Ol' Cobby back out of retirement and he was calling the plays down there... Unaka's deffense could truely take them somewhere if the offense could score every once in a while....... Well it looks like another trip down to Region 2, and a long, sad trip back home agian this November B)

Edited by Rangerbook06

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, hats off to Unaka for playing a very good defensive game. Second, why in the world did they stop running Mendina off the left hand side. They were pounding it down Cosby's throat off tackle on the left side and then just all of a sudden stopped. Medina was getting 6-7 yards every time. First half was just embarassing for Cosby, They couldn't stop Unaka (Unaka stopped themselves) and they have absolutley no offense. All I had heard was about the LOwe running back, he's nothing. Now he does have some speed in the open field, ( seen it by him running down Lewis from a mile away) but he could not muster any offense at all. Once again, gret job Unaka on defense, but you are going to have to find some rhthym on offense. I t has ow been 4 weeks since you have scored a TD, and with the backs that you all have, somehting isn't right.

first of all let me say Cosby didn't beat Unaka, UNAKA BEAT UNAKA!!!!!!!

they have an awesome defence, but without any kind of offence week after week you can not win football games. the Estep kid is a good linebacker and tonight at fullback did a great job at opening up the holes for medina but you have to hold on to the football. and the line has got to block, without blocking Carpenter can do nothing, but get sacked!!!! ; I am not trying to take anything away from cosby they won the game, but not because they are a better football team or the 6th ranked team in the state that's a joke. and they will find that out when Hampton rolls in next friday night to give them the whooping of a lifetime!! just like when unaka rolled into Cloudland two years ago 9-1 they hadn't played anybody either

and they left roan mtn. knowing they were not as good as they thought, Same thing this Friday when hampton comes to town!! Eagles better get ready cause you are going to be 7 and 1 and saying we weren't as good as we thought we were!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I want to tell the Ranger defense, and seniors, how PROUD of them I am. They Fought and Fought and Fought. Mike Carpenter, I don't care what ANYONE has to say about you, but your a man. I know you weren't 100%, but you went out there and played your heart out. And Medina, you played great defense and did all you could do on the other side of the ball. Jordan Lewis, everyone knows you leg is sore, but you didn't let that stop you... And the same goes for ALL the other seniors. Aaron Taylor, Moose, Pierce, Terry Cambell, and Lapp. I love you guys like your my own family..... Its a shame you have played your last home football game with well over a month of football to play... Its a shame You won't get to play in front of that home crowd ever again. Its a shame you can't have that home play-off game... And last but not least, its a shame you weren't given the CHANCE to win this game :rolleyes::(:(

Edited by Rangerbook06

I want to tell the Ranger defense, and seniors, how PROUD of them I am. They Fought and Fought and Fought. Mike Carpenter, I don't care what ANYONE has to say about you, but your a man. I know you weren't 100%, but you went out there and played your heart out. And Medina, you played great defense and did all you could do on the other side of the ball. Jordan Lewis, everyone knows you leg is sore, but you didn't let that stop you... And the same goes for ALL the other seniors. Aaron Taylor, Moose, Pierce, Terry Cambell, and Lapp. I love you guys like your my own family..... Its a shame you have played your last home football game with well over a month of football to play... Its a shame You won't get to play in front of that home crowd ever again. Its a shame you can't have that home play-off game... And last but not least, its a shame you weren't given the CHANCE to win this game :rolleyes::(:(

"You guys will NEVER hear "Up the creek or down the creek," ever again on the field. If you guys can knock off Cloudland, it looks like we will head down towards Harriman, is tha right Rangerbook06. From wut I understand they are very beatable. But first, lets worry about King's Academy, Cloudland, and Jellico "Pudding". Good Luck it's not ova yet. Do not hang your heads.

tcpioneer3 i am not positive that i know who you are. if you are who i think you are i thought you were in GA. you know an awful lot about whats going on at CD. must be running up your phone bill talking to someone. if this is you i hope you are doing well and enjoy were you are. as for the was player that in referance to high school. in college it was a different story played some but was never a PLAYER LOL!!! so if you read this help me out and let me know if i am hot or cold.

looking forward to the trip to unaka. nervous of course but excited. i am expecting a tough one in stoney creek and the banks of the stadium full.

good luck and safty to all this friday

see ya soon

shelton

Wow!! your pretty good...I was just bustin your chops for handing it to my boys....I never intended ppl to take it the way they did...you know how the blood gets boiling when ppl do that to family...from what I hear you are doing a great job so keep it up...You are making the alum proud...just remember that the tables get turned very easily...and believe it or not there are even problems when you win...goodluck the rest of the year...

i dont know how people can say Unaka beat themselves.Cosby held Unaka to nearly negative yards in the 2nd half.dont get me wrong Unaka came out ready to play and they scouted Cosby well,had 2 straight weeks to do it.Cosby vs Hampton,thats what everyone's been waiting on.

The blame should fall squarely on the coaches shoulders. Very quesstionable calls during the game.

Nice meeting you, Coach Shelton. Also got to talk with your wife in the tower. She, and all the folks from Cosby were very classy. A huge win for your team, and Congratulations from yet another disappointed Ranger fan.

I won't insult the coacht viewers with my entire, very-opinionated article, other than to say, Kelvin Roane's Poise, and Foot, were the difference in the second half. Those coffin-corner punts, reminiscent of the Cafego days.

But please note: That Great Unaka Defense . . . .Is the Unaka Offense; the same players.

Pujo, Saw your team from the pressbox this afternoon. Very, Impressive. Wanted to see you after the game, but your brother had me running errands.