Maryville v. Knox Central

DCM

C Bobcat I have made a living in the Hauls area. Great garbige customers and recruits out there. Many from Hauls didn't want the QB, "too slow, etc." By the way, Mairvul won the scrimmage at O.R. And a week later beat D.B. at Carson Newman.

If you're not joking you're nuts if you think anyone at Halls ever believed there were any knocks on your current QB. He left Halls after his 8th grade year. His parents did so because of the coach at Halls at the time (can't say I blame them a whole lot). No one ever thought he was "too slow," or anything else for that matter, except a great QB from the time he played hopper ball. His parents also wanted to get him more exposure in a big time program.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to thinking back over the last half dozen years at all the really good players that have played in this series. The number of D1 players has continued to grow over the years. Carl Stewart, Cassen Jackson, Gary Tucker, Cade Thompson, Lonas Seiber, AJ Nance, (Terence Scott next year, probably So Carolina), Baron Huber, Lee Smith. I may have missed some. This year, Maples and Maryville's big TE, Douglas. This doesnt even mention the kids that are playing division II or III. It also doesn't list all the players that are all region from these 2 teams every year. There are probably a dozen from each team that get some sort of post season recognition. This is why this game is so interesting for the fans and media. These two schools are not really rivals, but this game has taken on a life of its own.

What sort of a deal must be made with a high school to broadcast a game.

If you're not joking you're nuts if you think anyone at Halls ever believed there were any knocks on your current QB. He left Halls after his 8th grade year. His parents did so because of the coach at Halls at the time (can't say I blame them a whole lot). No one ever thought he was "too slow," or anything else for that matter, except a great QB from the time he played hopper ball. His parents also wanted to get him more exposure in a big time program.

I guess the Hauls folks that said that must have been mad 'cause he left. I think it's going to be enterestin' next year when the Hauls QB who some said out there he was "too slow" gets a full D-1 ride. By the way, his parents have very good garbige service.

I guess the Hauls folks that said that must have been mad 'cause he left. I think it's going to be enterestin' next year when the Hauls QB who some said out there he was "too slow" gets a full D-1 ride. By the way, his parents have very good garbige service.

I hear he's narrowed his choices to a couple of SEC schools, one that's pretty close by....

What sort of a deal must be made with a high school to broadcast a game.

I think the Maryville folks could answer this one, but I will try. A couple of years ago, one of the local stations wanted to do this one as the game of the week. I think it was CSS, but not sure. Maryville wanted to get a donation to their scholarship fund. They also said that the equipment brought in damaged the field. This issue was never resolved, so when this game is played at Maryville, it is not broadcast. When it is played at Central, it gets regional coverage. This game is also not on local (Knoxville) radio because of an agreement with a local Maryville station. If this is not quite correct, please fill in the blanks for me.

Hard to believe this thread was in danger of slipping off the first page ... I guess losing to Bearden has changed the perception of this game to some . I don't think it's changed anything for Maryville though , we know that Central has been our measuring stick now for several years , and we still expect this game to be the toughest game of our regular season . Maybe Central was looking ahead a little , who knows , but I do know that Central has too many good athletes who have played in several " Big Games " , plus too good a coaching to be taken lightly !

I anticipate another classic , and wouldn't be a bit surprised if this is just the first of 2 that we'll play this year . Good luck to Central , you have Maryville's utmost respect , as always .

it is hard to believe you keep a job being on coacht so much! i sure hope maryville wins so you dont run out of crying towels! i dont know of any poster that is as big a crybaby as you!

I think the Maryville folks could answer this one, but I will try. A couple of years ago, one of the local stations wanted to do this one as the game of the week. I think it was CSS, but not sure. Maryville wanted to get a donation to their scholarship fund. They also said that the equipment brought in damaged the field. This issue was never resolved, so when this game is played at Maryville, it is not broadcast. When it is played at Central, it gets regional coverage. This game is also not on local (Knoxville) radio because of an agreement with a local Maryville station. If this is not quite correct, please fill in the blanks for me.

The reason that it is not on the Knoxville radio station is that the Knoxville station sold Friday Night radio coverage to Catholic High School.

Rebel9--you are partially correct. Catholic has their games on one of the stations every week, I think 99.1 WNML. The 990 AM station does a game of the week. Last weeks was Central/Bearden. I'm pretty sure the reason the game is not on in Knoxville is because of the agreement Maryville has with a local station. (unless that has changed in the last couple of years)

Reb9 Central Bobcat has been taking it all in. I did not expect us to beat Bearden saw them against DB they are the toughest strongest football team in the area. If they had more offense they have would beaten DB.Would certainly give the Rebs all they want. While you guys are a really good team maybe not as good as in past years you are still good but not near as physical as Bearden. We have a good opportunity against you guys this year although we were not over looking Bearden they are for real. You guys are pretenders and will be exsposed this Friday night. Sorry your little undefeated run will end. Central Bobcat

maryville beat DB in a game like scrimmage where the only thing different was we didn't return punts and maryville's 1st team put up three more touchdowns than DB. Looks like central is about to get it handed tothem

Last thing I wish Maryville would stay in 4A because there is little competion at the 5A level in East TN.

Are you kidding me? Aside from Maryville, what 4a schools could compete with Oak Ridge, Dobyns Bennett, and Ooltewoh? I would love for Maryville to come to 5a because that would make things so much more interesting in 4a and 5a. It would still be tough to beat Maryville, but all 3 of these schools would compete with Maryville.

I want to stay on the subject of the thread and sorry I mentioned the above But..

Past few years Knox Central, Morristown West maybe Powell and TN HI could beat any of the teams you mentioned in most games if played. This is the first year in many where central has lost to a 5A team. And Maryville, forget about that. I don't know what the future will bring, but if this coaching staff should stay in place and happy with what they are doing as group, no one in East Tn, at any class would be able to handle Maryville on to many occasions. Un defeated, maybe not but certainly a formable opponent to anyone.

The reason that it is not on the Knoxville radio station is that the Knoxville station sold Friday Night radio coverage to Catholic High School.

Yes they did, sold out a huge listening base IMO. It is a good thing there is not another sports station in the area. I wrote the directer and he told me tough, basically!

I told him I would not buy from the business advertised during the broadcasts of those great battles between knotz Cath and those other powers like wortburg they will be playing! It's my money and won't be thiers!

CSS is not allowed at Maryville because the AD from Maryville wanted to shake the company down for some cash, so they won't come and instead brodcast other boring games rather than the best in the area. AM 1470 does a good job but you can't hear the station because the range won't reach as far as Greenback! And the Knotz Central vs. Maryville game this week will be the best of the year in this area till they meet in the play-offs later this year. I bet the Alcoa vs. Maryville game would have been a great viewing audence this year as well.

Great way to support the program and people who can't come to the game there Thompson. I guess if your nephew was the still playing it would be different? Gee maybe it is some type of black out scheme? Just the way I see it!

Edited by FBEmeritus