Maryville v. Knox Central

DCM

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville should be 5-A, and I am told they will be by 2008.

Any thoughts on this?

This is from TSSAA.ORG

In 2004, Classification was set for four years 2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008,2008-2009. At the end of the first two-year period of a new classification period, new schools can be added and schools whose enrollment had an increase or decrease by 20% will be moved, provided the increase or decrease moves them into another classification.

District and Regional assignments for all schools changing classification in 2007-2008, 2008-2009 will be done by the Board of Control at the June 2006 meeting. Classification will also be set for new schools Arlington, Middle Tennessee Christian, Community and Stone Memorial for 2007-2008, 2008-2009.

MHS's enrollment was listed at that time as being 1,351. Before they can be moved the enrollment would have to be 1,621.2 students and the change would only take place at the end of each two year period which will be after this school year (2006-2007).

The last I heard the enrollment was around 1,535 unofficially at the beginning of the year.

Reb9 Central Bobcat has been taking it all in. I did not expect us to beat Bearden saw them against DB they are the toughest strongest football team in the area. If they had more offense they have would beaten DB.Would certainly give the Rebs all they want. While you guys are a really good team maybe not as good as in past years you are still good but not near as physical as Bearden. We have a good opportunity against you guys this year although we were not over looking Bearden they are for real. You guys are pretenders and will be exsposed this Friday night. Sorry your little undefeated run will end. Central Bobcat

Now it is Central week. Central Bobcat has crawled out from under a rok and graced us with his annual prediction. Sooner or later you are going to be correct with your prediction but I don't think it will be this year. Even Vanderbilt wins a big game about every 20 years!

By the way, we had a GREAT time in Murfreesboro last December and all the players love their rings. We got to see some old friends and have dinner with some of the people that we have met over the years.

I know how much you dislike Maryville so you should be happy that the Murfreesboro City Government has decided to put a wheel tax on all Blount County cars that use the city streets during the month of December. They think that they will not have to raise properity taxes for quite a while.

Rebel9

I got to thinking back over the last half dozen years at all the really good players that have played in this series. The number of D1 players has continued to grow over the years. Carl Stewart, Cassen Jackson, Gary Tucker, Cade Thompson, Lonas Seiber, AJ Nance, (Terence Scott next year, probably So Carolina), Baron Huber, Lee Smith. I may have missed some. This year, Maples and Maryville's big TE, Douglas. This doesnt even mention the kids that are playing division II or III. It also doesn't list all the players that are all region from these 2 teams every year. There are probably a dozen from each team that get some sort of post season recognition. This is why this game is so interesting for the fans and media. These two schools are not really rivals, but this game has taken on a life of its own.

I think this will be an exciting game as usual, I feel we will see a better Central team Friday night. I honestly believe Central was NOT looking ahead to Maryville last week, the loss was do to several factors the biggest being the play of a :lol: much improved Bearden team. The Bobcats lacked intensity and probably overlooked the Bulldogs and expected an easy game, I do know coach helton warned the team that Bearden would probably be the best team they had faced so far this year, but teenagers dont always listen. Do They?

I am looking forward to Friday night as Maryville is absolutely my favorite venue to watch Highschool football. I think Central will have to bring their A game especially the O-Line, and limit the turnovers to have a chance for victory. The RedRebels simply dont beat themselves.

As far as TV, has comcast worked out a deal with the Maryville Administration to broadcast, I know their were problems 2 years ago.