Obion County vs Covington

volunteersn98

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again... covington fans arent being very vocal on this one. Many people think that it is a sign of worry on covington's part, but as with the complete domination of munford with a smothering defense that gave up only about 30 on the ground. I'll bet that they are busy preparing their guys for the game instead of commenting on here. I'm going covington by more than 7

I'm pretty sure that OC's coaches are busy preparing their guys for Covington...None of the starters ever post on here about games they have played in or about to play in...They leave all that to all us old folks.... :lol:

It's been my experience since I have been a member of coachT that Charger fans or many players ever post much on here...So actually this week is no different than any other week.....

He's got a QB son playing on the undefeated Generals' team...I hope he does to....

How is Coach Bowling's son doing this year. I know you've seen him play at least once, maybe more. Also, if you have any stats for your youngest, I'd like to see those, too. I'm a friend of 74's if you were wondering.

I don't know this for sure..if you know enlighten me....Covington does have a good defense...They always have a good defense....But what offense have they been stopping....Teams that run a Power-I???...A west Coast style offense??..Pro-Style???...Have they faced the triple-option,mid-line veer style offense???...The thing about quick,athletic defenses is they rely on quickness and aggressiveness....I would never in a million years thought a team like Air Force could dominate a defense like Tennessee's..Tennessee doesn't see that type of offense and is almost impossible to stop with one week to prepare for it...Obion Central runs a similar style offense to the one Air Force runs and,they can pass out of it...They don't have any one guy to key on...You have to play disciplined,assignment football...It's tough for college kids to defend it and it's extremely difficult for high school kids to defend it....This group of Rebels have been running it for 4 years now...And this group of Rebels is better than the four previous Rebels teams that have taken the field against Covington....Covington does not strike fear in the Rebels' hearts like it does some teams that haven't beaten the Chargers in years...Like rebfan said,these guys don't just believe they can beat Covington,they know they can..With a win Friday nite these guys could go 3-1 vs Covington in their careers.......What Obion Central will have to do is keep Covington from getting big play after big play,like Crockett Co did and Dyer Co...Don't turn the ball over and force Covington into turnovers...The two years they beat Covington,that's how they won...

Munford ran the outside veer, they ran inside cutback trap, jet sweep and buck sweep out of the wing t, they spread em out and threw it, they ran the waggle, and numerous other things. Everything was out of multiple formations but it didn't matter. Covington blew everything up before they could get started. Yes, an option attack is difficult to prepare for in a week if you haven't seen it. However, Covington was prepared for it against Munford as I'm sure they will be against Obion County. Good luck!

Munford ran the outside veer, they ran inside cutback trap, jet sweep and buck sweep out of the wing t, they spread em out and threw it, they ran the waggle, and numerous other things. Everything was out of multiple formations but it didn't matter. Covington blew everything up before they could get started. Yes, an option attack is difficult to prepare for in a week if you haven't seen it. However, Covington was prepared for it against Munford as I'm sure they will be against Obion County. Good luck!

Thanks!!!!!!.... :thumb:

How is Coach Bowling's son doing this year. I know you've seen him play at least once, maybe more. Also, if you have any stats for your youngest, I'd like to see those, too. I'm a friend of 74's if you were wondering.

Coach Bowling's son is having a fine season...He's a good kid too...We've seen him once up close and will see him again next Thursday....Lil # 1 is in the top 5 in almost every category in the county...... :thumb:

again... covington fans arent being very vocal on this one. Many people think that it is a sign of worry on covington's part, but as with the complete domination of munford with a smothering defense that gave up only about 30 on the ground. I'll bet that they are busy preparing their guys for the game instead of commenting on here. I'm going covington by more than 7

Covington fans have learned after years of football success to just be quiet and let our team do the talking on the field. That's why our fans don't trash-talk on the internet. There is no need to provide the opposition with any bulletin board material to fire up their team. Our team respects each opponent and is very business-like in preparing for each game. Tonight's game with Obion County is important because it is the next game, and because it is a region game.

We are very proud of our program, but we also recognize that other coaches and teams are doing a good job too. I do think that our region (7-3A) now has 4 or 5 excellent teams. The eventual state champ in 3A will have to deal with this region one way or the other.

Obion County - Let's have a great game tonight, and I hope that it will be a clean and injury free match.

Coach Bowling's son is having a fine season...He's a good kid too...We've seen him once up close and will see him again next Thursday....Lil # 1 is in the top 5 in almost every category in the county...... :thumb:

Well, congratulations. Good luck to them in the rebel bowl. Should be a great game. Tonight's game should be a good one. Can't wait to watch big 74 making them big blocks.