Boone @ Cocke County

mikey65

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Sharp is the modern day Confucius. Hope I spelled that right.

Boone Pride.

The summer of my senior year was a hot one. It never rained at all, the grass was dry, the atmosphere was heck.

One day, Coach Sharp comes to his line and says "I have great news, it is going to rain today!"

The lineman, easily pleased, asked "That is great news, when is it going to rain?"

Coach Sharp replied with "Well, somewhere on the Earth today, it is going to rain somewhere. Just not here."

:thumb:B):lol::huh::(

Hey Mickey,

How many players does Boone have playing that are out of their zone? If they are 6-0, they must be doing something wrong. High School teams should not win every game!

Tell that to Maryville. 36 game win streak and counting -- simply unreal. Their last loss was on Nov 29, 2003!!

Edited by leectn

Tell that to Maryville. 36 game win streak and counting -- simply unreal. Their last loss was on Nov 29, 2003!!

I believe that there are zones in the middle schools and elementary schools in Washington County, but students can go to whatever high school they want to.

The numbers are very high student wise at both Boone and Crockett. I wouldn't be surprised to hear about a new high school being built in five years or so.

He read us a poem once before a two a day. Our practice field was so dry they got the Sulpher Springs Fire Dept. to come and put 20,000 or 200,000 gallons of water on it, it didn't help at all.

I always liked how he would get you in that zone so that you would go as hard as you want.

"On this play, you go 100 percent. You walk back to the huddle, and rest 100 percent. You then go back to the next play and go at it at 100 percent."

If he saw one of the linemen was having a rough time, he'd call us over and not chew us out, but ask how things were going. A couple of plays later, he would put you back in and you would be ready to go. He really is a master of the mind game of football. You gotta love both Coach Jenkins (as well as Coach Green for you older folks), but Coach Sharp remains my favorite coach.

Cocke County should not loose sight of their goal, which is to improve each game. Focus should be on rebuilding the program to the level it used to be and even higher. This is not something that can be done overnight, but I believe that Cocke County is headed in the right direction. With all this said -- GOOD LUCK on the remainder of your season!!

I always liked how he would get you in that zone so that you would go as hard as you want.

"On this play, you go 100 percent. You walk back to the huddle, and rest 100 percent. You then go back to the next play and go at it at 100 percent."

If he saw one of the linemen was having a rough time, he'd call us over and not chew us out, but ask how things were going. A couple of plays later, he would put you back in and you would be ready to go. He really is a master of the mind game of football. You gotta love both Coach Jenkins (as well as Coach Green for you older folks), but Coach Sharp remains my favorite coach.

I really wish Coach Marable could have stayed at Boone longer than he did.

The high schools are fed by the zones.

If you attended middle school at Lamar, South Central, West View, or Jonesborough, you go to David Crockett.

If you went to Gray, Boones Creek, Sulphur Springs, or Fall Branch, you go to Daniel Boone.

Ah thanks for that information. I remember some kids who went to Sulphur Springs ended up at Crockett because the competition was too high at Boone for sports. I guess they changed that rule.

The whole "you have to go here if you live here" rules have changed since I was in school. Heck, I live in Sulphur Springs and I went to Boones Creek Elem. and Gray.

I really wish Coach Marable could have stayed at Boone longer than he did.

I did my student teaching at David Crockett last spring, and I got to see that man every day. Very polite, always saying hello and that he was glad I was at his school.

He has a heck of a job though, last year there were fights all the time and the students generally caused a lot of trouble. Yea, there were only a few, but every day seemed like it had to be a big challenge for him. That said, he is a great principal. I would have liked to see what kind of coach he was though.

I did my student teaching at David Crockett last spring, and I got to see that man every day. Very polite, always saying hello and that he was glad I was at his school.

He has a heck of a job though, last year there were fights all the time and the students generally caused a lot of trouble. Yea, there were only a few, but every day seemed like it had to be a big challenge for him. That said, he is a great principal. I would have liked to see what kind of coach he was though.

He was great. You can tell by the rings on his fingers that he knows some football.