Boone @ Cocke County

mikey65

be prepared cause it will be funny how many times cocke county fans will walk by and say Boone stinks or something like that, it happened to us when we played them

I remember during basketball season the student section would chant "coon" whenever Greeneville's Antoine Wiggins had the ball.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And give Cocke County fewer points!

On paper there is no way Cocke Co can play with Boone. On paper Boone will score 40 and Cocke Co will be lucky to move the ball. However (and luckily for us all) it is not played on paper. There is no doubt that Boone is heavily favored in this game. There is no doubt that Boone is riding high on their wins and what they have done these last five games. I believe Boone will win the game, however, I also thought Rutledge would beat Crockett (and no I am not comparing any of the teams involved). I am saying that on any given night ANY team can lose; whether it is Boone, Rutledge, the Trojans, and dare I say it Maryville. And that is the reason the games are played.

As for Cocke County, there comes a time when a team has to find a reward that has nothing to do with wins or losses. If you do not have the athletes (quantity as much as quality) to beat a bigger team, there is nothing that can be done right now. However, you are playing for your school and for the future of the program. The way you handle the year will determine how effective your coach will be in enlarging the roster, in teaching his style and system, and in being successful at Cocke County. There is no one on this board that can determine or define your success.

Now off the soap box, Boone will win. Cocke will give them a game for a quarter or two, but Boone will be able to pour it on before time is gone.

I don't intend to trash Cocke County my little pt....just you. I have nothing against Cocke County or the fine people there...just you. I find the majority of your posts to be arrogant and self indulgent. And you really should lose the "poor Cocke County, everyony hates us" routine...it really is unbecoming. Yes, you have a bad rep...but you made that bed and now you are going to have to lie in it. Respect has to be earned and if you can't earn it with talent at least you can build it with attitude. Playing that "poor us" card just inspires pity.

PT watch our for barb. She spars as good as the best.

On paper there is no way Cocke Co can play with Boone. On paper Boone will score 40 and Cocke Co will be lucky to move the ball. However (and luckily for us all) it is not played on paper. There is no doubt that Boone is heavily favored in this game. There is no doubt that Boone is riding high on their wins and what they have done these last five games. I believe Boone will win the game, however, I also thought Rutledge would beat Crockett (and no I am not comparing any of the teams involved). I am saying that on any given night ANY team can lose; whether it is Boone, Rutledge, the Trojans, and dare I say it Maryville. And that is the reason the games are played.

As for Cocke County, there comes a time when a team has to find a reward that has nothing to do with wins or losses. If you do not have the athletes (quantity as much as quality) to beat a bigger team, there is nothing that can be done right now. However, you are playing for your school and for the future of the program. The way you handle the year will determine how effective your coach will be in enlarging the roster, in teaching his style and system, and in being successful at Cocke County. There is no one on this board that can determine or define your success.

Now off the soap box, Boone will win. Cocke will give them a game for a quarter or two, but Boone will be able to pour it on before time is gone.

I think you're right on all accounts. Its High School ball - and with teens out there - you just never know what will happen on any given Friday night out there.

I think Boone beats CC on paper, but who knows. I'm always impressed/marveled at how Boone has a pretty physically small line up front and are able to run the ball so efficiently.

I think - regardless of score - CC will show up and compete and play hard. Thats been a staple of the past, and something that Coach Crawford is trying to put back. Thats competing on every play and doing the best and to have the opponent at the end of the night to say "those boys from Cocke County flat get after you."

And like you said, thats all you can really do - when your out-manned in terms of numbers, and out-manned in terms of talent.

I think you're right on all accounts. Its High School ball - and with teens out there - you just never know what will happen on any given Friday night out there.

I think Boone beats CC on paper, but who knows. I'm always impressed/marveled at how Boone has a pretty physically small line up front and are able to run the ball so efficiently.

I think - regardless of score - CC will show up and compete and play hard. Thats been a staple of the past, and something that Coach Crawford is trying to put back. Thats competing on every play and doing the best and to have the opponent at the end of the night to say "those boys from Cocke County flat get after you."

And like you said, thats all you can really do - when your out-manned in terms of numbers, and out-manned in terms of talent.

You can attribute their line to not only Boone pride, but one of the best offensive line coaches in the state of Tennessee. Coach Sharp for the win boys, the blind man will lead you all to victory!!! :thumb:

Well said. A prime example of this occurred back in '01 when the Big Red became the only 5 Rivers team to hand West a regular season conference loss in five seasons (1999-2003).