Boone @ Cocke County

mikey65

I know someone said Boone was 6-0 once in last weeks thread, but that was in only their 2nd season so I was not sure if he was right or not. Since there's only 1 Cocke County fan that comes on here this thread may not get past page 1 so I'll make my pick now.

Boone-30

C.C.H.S.-0

Maybe if I said Boone should use the week to practice for West it would get a few more comments. Then we'd have to listen to barb from Greeneville.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is pretty obvious that a very strong Boone team is going to be headed down to Newport to play a down and out Cocke County team. I played against Cocke County when they had a hard nosed program, but it looks like those days might be gone.

Boone 35

CC 7

It just isn't going to be close. As long as Boone shows up and plays with determination, this is going to be a one sided game.

I know someone said Boone was 6-0 once in last weeks thread, but that was in only their 2nd season so I was not sure if he was right or not. Since there's only 1 Cocke County fan that comes on here this thread may not get past page 1 so I'll make my pick now.

Boone-30

C.C.H.S.-0

Maybe if I said Boone should use the week to practice for West it would get a few more comments. Then we'd have to listen to barb from Greeneville.

Yes, Daniel Boone was 6-0 during the 1973 season (3rd season of program). I was a freshman then. I think we also went 5-0 one other time but not entirely sure about that and will have to do some research.

Academic Football for this game.

Stop the run.

Run the ball.

Team that does it best will win.

Cocke County got some momentum last night with a 7 point win over South Greene (returned a blocked punt 50 yards for the game-winning TD with 3:45 to play). But the Cocks got gashed defensively, giving up somewhere around 364 yards of offense and 265 on the ground.

Cocke County will have to stop the run effectively, which they've not done all year. And will have to bank on turnovers, they were +4 last night at South Greene.

For some reason i thougth Cocke County was suppose to be pretty good this year since they got a new coach. Maybe I am thinking about another team.

You're thinking right.

I thought many, myself included, that our offense would be improved with a new scheme and a new, experienced QB - who had the physical skills.

Its just not developed though, and Cocke County has only 703 total yards through 5 games and has scored only 2 offensive touchdowns (1 off a turnover deep in the opponents territory, one against Cherokee's scrub unit).

Add that with what I would call a bend, not-break defense (give up a lot of yards, force turnovers, and dealt a bad hand with short fields set up back the lackluster offense and special teams)....and its not been a good mix for the Cocks.