Howard @ Polk Co.

cliffhanger1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are two very different teams.

Polk County is a power team and Howard is a speed team.

Polk once again is coming in strong, and Howard isn't playing like they're for real.

Neither of these teams seem to display true mental toughness, so I think whoever finds the edge early will win.

That is the most clueless post I have ever seen. Polk had every opportunitty to give up Friday at Loudon, but they didn't, they came out and dominated the second half. That is mental toughness.

These are two very different teams.

Polk County is a power team and Howard is a speed team.

Polk once again is coming in strong, and Howard isn't playing like they're for real.

Neither of these teams seem to display true mental toughness, so I think whoever finds the edge early will win.

You've obviously never been to a Polk game, or by this statement, you never even hearing of them seems more factual. Polk is a AA school playing in AAA that dresses 20% of their schools enrollment and you say that they don't have mental toughness when every week they go up against schools nearly twice their size? :D They are a mental juggernaut when it comes to teams with the heart and drive to win. I haven't seen a team with this mentality in my 20 years of watching HS sports.

Edited by Coach J

You've obviously never been to a Polk game, or by this statement, you never even hearing of them seems more factual. Polk is a AA school playing in AAA that dresses 20% of their schools enrollment and you say that they don't have mental toughness when every week they go up against schools nearly twice their size? B) They are a mental juggernaut when it comes to teams with the heart and drive to win. I haven't seen a team with this mentality in my 20 years of watching HS sports.

Very agreeable post Coach J. Your right, for example, Polk whose enrollment is around 575 played White House in the playoffs last year and got beat 3-10 and White House has nearly 900 students, thats a huge difference. Polk dresses nearly 80 players out. Polk played with a huge heart in Loudon last week and thats what got them through it.

Polk 23-Howard 21