Chattanooga Area Top Ten

anspa

As far as Tyner being too high, I'm not sure that there are enough teams in the area that can hang with them, speed wise, that are behind them.. They also lost respectably on the road to one of the top teams in the state (Fulton) who also beat Alcoa who beat the Tornado.. Granted they lost to Brainerd.. but if Brainerd wasn't a flash-in-the-pan team they might actually be pretty respected.

To be honest, I think Tyner needs to get back into the mindset that they can win the big game (and take care of business with the back yard rival Panthers).. They aren't nearly as talented as in years past, but they have youth, speed, and Turner.. and on any given night I believe they can play within a TD or 2 of every team in this area.

Looking from the outside, it seems Brainerd has a hard time getting up for teams besides their traditional city rivals Howard and Tyner. They did against Cleveland but I don't see it every week in the scores and stats.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you can..Sequatchie beat Red Bank in a scrimmage a couple of years ago and would have had little chance to do so in the regular season (due to depth, size differences, kicking game mostly).

Well don't see the point you are making since Owls have more depth, size and probably a better kicking game than Red Bank. Not sure how you draw the analogy between Sequatchie beating RB being the same as Ooltewah beating them.

Well don't see the point you are making since Owls have more depth, size and probably a better kicking game than Red Bank. Not sure how you draw the analogy between Sequatchie beating RB being the same as Ooltewah beating them.

Red Bank has a very good Kicking Game. There was no live Kicking in the scrimmage. Which by the way was a SCRIMMAGE!

SCRMMAGES MEAN NOTHING, WHEN RED BANK SCRIMMAGED THE OWLS AND MCCALLIE THE COACH DID NOT PLAY MOST OF HIS STARTERS. THE COACH CALLED THE PARENTS OVER AND TOLD THEM ON TUESDAY[AFTER BAYLOR], I'M NOT TAKING A CHANCE ON ANY INJURIES.

TATA PLAYED ONE OFFENSES SERIES AGAINST THE OWLS, NOT AT ALL AGINST MCCALLIE. DUFFEY,SIMS,MIKE-MIKE AND SKEETER DID NOT PLAY IN NEITHER SCRIMMAGE.

DUFFEY AND MIKE-MIKE DIDN'T PLAY AGAINST AUSTIN-EAST, SIMS PLAYED A LITTLE ON DEFENSE.

SO GET OVER IT.

OWL,YOUR VARSITY DID BEAT RB'S 14-0. THEN RB PULLED ALL IT'S STARTERS.

AND IF YOU WANT TO TALK KICKING GAME, RB'S HIT A 55 YARDER AT CENTRAL.

Edited by bluenation

Well said Blue Nation. People really should not take scrimmages too seriously. They are all experimenting and most coaches show very little and do hold out alot because of injuries. Personally I put Red Bank on top for now. They are looking very strong with McCallie close...but.....Go Baylor!

SCRMMAGES MEAN NOTHING, WHEN RED BANK SCRIMMAGED THE OWLS AND MCCALLIE THE COACH DID NOT PLAY MOST OF HIS STARTERS. THE COACH CALLED THE PARENTS OVER AND TOLD THEM ON TUESDAY[AFTER BAYLOR], I'M NOT TAKING A CHANCE ON ANY INJURIES.

TATA PLAYED ONE OFFENSES SERIES AGAINST THE OWLS, NOT AT ALL AGINST MCCALLIE. DUFFEY,SIMS,MIKE-MIKE AND SKEETER DID NOT PLAY IN NEITHER SCRIMMAGE.

DUFFEY AND MIKE-MIKE DIDN'T PLAY AGAINST AUSTIN-EAST, SIMS PLAYED A LITTLE ON DEFENSE.

SO GET OVER IT.

OWL,YOUR VARSITY DID BEAT RB'S 14-0. THEN RB PULLED ALL IT'S STARTERS.

AND IF YOU WANT TO TALK KICKING GAME, RB'S HIT A 55 YARDER AT CENTRAL.

Well said Blue Nation. People really should not take scrimmages too seriously. They are all experimenting and most coaches show very little and do hold out alot because of injuries. Personally I put Red Bank on top for now. They are looking very strong with McCallie close...but.....Go Baylor!

I could in no way put Red Bank on top simply because their schedule to this point has been so weak (opponents with a combined 3-22 record). That doesn't take anything away from them, They still have @ #4 Cleveland, #8 Rhea Co., @ #9 Hixson, as well a spotential spoiler Brainerd and @ White County.. really the meat of their schedule.

RB's schedule gets much tougher from here on out.......It was just weak for the first half of the season.....

I am excited that we have AT LEAST three teams in Chatt that are VERY, VERY good and I think can play with the best in the state (McCallie, Ooltewah, and Red Bank).......I think in regular REAL games with officials, clock, real kicking, etc. a matchup between these three teams would be good high school football

As much as I don't want to =) I would have to put McCallie on top in the area.

Ooltewah and Red Bank (and all the teams really) will have a chance to separate themselves from everyone else. Red Bank has several challenging opponents ahead, but so does Ooltewah (with the fifth highest SoS in 5A) against Oak Ridge, Farragut, etc. Until they lose, I think most signs point to Ooltewah still being noticeably ahead of everyone in the area except McCallie, and at this point it could go either way, really.

And I, too, am excited about the talent in the Chatt. area, and this should be an exciting week.