JCM-Northside

Yanker

I have no comment on the game at this time. As many of the JCM faithful know, longtime supporters Mike and Pam McCarty lost their daughter, Morgan, this past weekend in Knoxville where she was a student at UT. She was the victim of a hit-and-run accident. My family and the McCarty's are old friends, Pam taught 2 of my kids at Pope. Morgan was a cheerleader at JCM and her brother, Kirk, played in the late 90's and early 00's. Morgan's funeral will be on Friday @ 3:00 at 1st Methodist Church. Please give me a couple of days and I may feel like getting back into the football scene. May God be with the McCarty family at this time.

The YANKER feels very sorry for their loss. I do know the family and will pray for them. That is terrible.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no comment on the game at this time. As many of the JCM faithful know, longtime supporters Mike and Pam McCarty lost their daughter, Morgan, this past weekend in Knoxville where she was a student at UT. She was the victim of a hit-and-run accident. My family and the McCarty's are old friends, Pam taught 2 of my kids at Pope. Morgan was a cheerleader at JCM and her brother, Kirk, played in the late 90's and early 00's. Morgan's funeral will be on Friday @ 3:00 at 1st Methodist Church. Please give me a couple of days and I may feel like getting back into the football scene. May God be with the McCarty family at this time.

Her mom taught my son too. :huh:

Coach Hampton better rally the troops! You know that Northside will be flying high and thinking that they have a chance at you guys. I would rather JCM prevail in this one but I am not sure yet. Did you see that after game interview that the Jackson Sun had online? I know you don't take much from the Sun, but this interview made JCM and Coach Hampton look clueless. Hate to say it like that, but that was my take on it.

It isn't just you. Coach Hampton is clueless. Without a doubt one of the worst coaches in West TN. He has also compiled a staff just as inept as him. These guys are a complete joke. The day he was hired to coach JCM I got a call from a freind in Dyersburg and a couple from friends in Humboldt. They all just laughed and told me what a joke he was. At the time I just dismissed this a trash talk. It didn't take long for me to find out for myself everything they said was true. If JCM doesn't get rid of this guy soon he will run this program into the ground. Dan Bland was they last coach at JCM worth his coaching stipend. The rest have been caretakers at best. Riding the talent that walks down the halls. We can't even teach someone how to long snap. I can't even stand to watch these guys play. I'm so mad I can't type anymore.

I think that may be harsh calling for Coach Hampton's head. I think he knows football. Heck, anyone that plays anywhere in college will pick up some football knowledge because everything is so thorough. He played at TN Tech if my memory is right. He said he had trouble getting some assistants and I think that is evident. I don't think there was that much quality interest. Any coach can tell you, you have to have some good assistants because you can't do it all by yourself. I think Coach Hampton should run the D and he needs to get in a good quality offensive coordinator with some imagination and they would be fine. The talent is there.

I think that may be harsh calling for Coach Hampton's head. I think he knows football. Heck, anyone that plays anywhere in college will pick up some football knowledge because everything is so thorough. He played at TN Tech if my memory is right. He said he had trouble getting some assistants and I think that is evident. I don't think there was that much quality interest. Any coach can tell you, you have to have some good assistants because you can't do it all by yourself. I think Coach Hampton should run the D and he needs to get in a good quality offensive coordinator with some imagination and they would be fine. The talent is there.

I don't think its harsh at all. He is the head coach. He is responsible for the health and well-being of the program. As an alumnus of a school it falls on me an other alumni to voice concerns and see that when changes are needed, changes are made. Coach Hampton might have all the football knowledge on earth. If he can't translate that knowledge to a 14-18 year old student, then what good is that knowledge. If he can't maintain a simple discipline over those students, what good is he. I've heard, and this might or might not be true, that he has turned away alumni, parents, and middle school coaches offering to help. If true your/his statement about not being able to find good assistants is bogus. I wish him the best because he is the coach of my school. I will always support JCM. However, I will not sit silent when I feel something is amiss.

Edited by jaxoncm

Please any JCM alumni reading this board, please call the school and demand a coaching change. After you call Mrs. Crump, call the school board and voice your concern. For the sake of the program we must get rid of this guy. Act now.

The YANKER will stand by the JCM team and coaches. I do not believe that this is the forum for your complaints. I do believe that you care about JCM but your frustration has gotten the best of you. We will rebound this week, win the next two, and if HC can beat Munford, we will have a chance to play for the region title. All is not lost.

Please do not give up.

He has good assistants especially in coach Hookfin. He also has been allowed to hire more assistants than Coach Hardegree was allowed to have back when the school was a legitimate 5A school and had a roster of nearly 100 kids.

Just to clarify

He has good assistants especially in coach Hookfin. He also has been allowed to hire more assistants than Coach Hardegree was allowed to have back when the school was a legitimate 5A school and had a roster of nearly 100 kids.

Just to clarify

I diasagree. Hookfin might be the only one. Ray Charles can see that is evident by watching them on the field. Just to clarify.

From the what I saw of Northside, they have some talent. However, they will tend to beat themselves with dumb mistakes if you give them the chance. JCM needs to be patient and they will get their opportunities. Good luck to you, Yanker. By the way, hope your father is getting better.

We tend to help beat ourselves as well. Thanks for the information and the kind words about my father. He is a tough guy and is doing better than he should be.