JCM-Northside

Yanker

I don't think its harsh at all. He is the head coach. He is responsible for the health and well-being of the program. As an alumnus of a school it falls on me an other alumni to voice concerns and see that when changes are needed, changes are made. Coach Hampton might have all the football knowledge on earth. If he can't translate that knowledge to a 14-18 year old student, then what good is that knowledge. If he can't maintain a simple discipline over those students, what good is he. I've heard, and this might or might not be true, that he has turned away alumni, parents, and middle school coaches offering to help. If true your/his statement about not being able to find good assistants is bogus. I wish him the best because he is the coach of my school. I will always support JCM. However, I will not sit silent when I feel something is amiss.

Yanker

Do I sense a little dissention in Cougarland? Hope ya'll are not getting a "urinal coaching staff."

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any NS fans out there who can tell us how you beat an undefeated Humboldt team? That got the YANKER's attention.

Yanker, VG, and other JCM fans...

We beat Humboldt by being patient. Humboldt tried to quick snap us the first half, much of the time their line never came set or they jumped off sides in the backfield, but it was never called. What it did do was tire their line instead of ours. Massey does have us in good condition. Humboldt did not have much of a passing game and tried to beat us using Wardlow and Donald - which are two extremely good players. But NS had a total team effort. Our OL and DL controled the line of scrimmage all night. The yardage they got was totally on their own - out linebackers were in their backfield much of the time. If you noticed the stats in the paper we beat Humboldt on almost every offensive stat - they beat us in punting and we did have 1 turnover. If our young runningback has a good game and can hold onto the ball as he did at Humboldt, then this will be an excellent game. North Side has gained a lot of confidence lately, but JCM has had our # the past few years. Looking forward to an excellent time at the Reservation this Friday nite...Hope to see u there. :thumb:

A little does exist but not from the YANKER. Some of our fans must have read the HC thread earlier in the year. You have been a bad influence on us!!!

That's O.K. We have gotten over ours. Maybe ya'll can overcome that before you come to "Henryland". Then you can get it all over again when we win. It is not fun listening to fans gripe and complain, but you have some of them in every crowd.

Thank goodness they are few and far between here.

Good luck Friday.

Yanker, VG, and other JCM fans...

We beat Humboldt by being patient. Humboldt tried to quick snap us the first half, much of the time their line never came set or they jumped off sides in the backfield, but it was never called. What it did do was tire their line instead of ours. Massey does have us in good condition. Humboldt did not have much of a passing game and tried to beat us using Wardlow and Donald - which are two extremely good players. But NS had a total team effort. Our OL and DL controled the line of scrimmage all night. The yardage they got was totally on their own - out linebackers were in their backfield much of the time. If you noticed the stats in the paper we beat Humboldt on almost every offensive stat - they beat us in punting and we did have 1 turnover. If our young runningback has a good game and can hold onto the ball as he did at Humboldt, then this will be an excellent game. North Side has gained a lot of confidence lately, but JCM has had our # the past few years. Looking forward to an excellent time at the Reservation this Friday nite...Hope to see u there. :thumb:

Thanks for the information my "Tepeed" friend. The YANKER noticed the stats in your favor and I was a little surprised. Congratulations on the win. We hope to continue to 'have your number" but we have struggled lately. We need this region win to have a chance to win the region. The YANKER will be in attendance.

That's O.K. We have gotten over ours. Maybe ya'll can overcome that before you come to "Henryland". Then you can get it all over again when we win. It is not fun listening to fans gripe and complain, but you have some of them in every crowd.

Thank goodness they are few and far between here.

Good luck Friday.

The YANKER looks forward to the trip to Henryland!! We should have two consecutive wins under our belt by then and a wave of confidence. If so, that could spell DOOM for HC!!! I agree on the fans...the YANKER chooses to be positive. Good luck to you on Friday as well. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!

Thanks for the information my "Tepeed" friend. The YANKER noticed the stats in your favor and I was a little surprised. Congratulations on the win. We hope to continue to 'have your number" but we have struggled lately. We need this region win to have a chance to win the region. The YANKER will be in attendance.

We need this win plus a win with Brighton to make it in the playoffs since we fumbled ourselves out of the Hardin County game. I'm not counting on a win against HC, but it would be nice as well. Our team is coming together and looking more like the team we thought we would have this year. Since my kid is a senior, this game is VERY IMPORTANT in our house. Good luck to both teams and may this be an injury free game, but may the INDIANS prevail.

This is not the time to be calling for a coach's ousting...especially since JCM is still in the mix for the region winner. There is nothing administrators can do at this time of year anyway...these coaches are also teachers and have classroom responsibilities. Let the season play out and then have your say, I just don't think this is the proper time or place for that.

This is not the time to be calling for a coach's ousting...especially since JCM is still in the mix for the region winner. There is nothing administrators can do at this time of year anyway...these coaches are also teachers and have classroom responsibilities. Let the season play out and then have your say, I just don't think this is the proper time or place for that.

I am in agreement with you here 58Indians22. And like the Yanker said, there is a time and a place for that and this is not it. I saw a video highlight of the SS/JCM matchup and the interview with JCM's coach looked pretty pitiful. But in bringing that up, I was not trying to ignite a revolt! I understand that some folks are upset, but it needs to be brought up at the proper time.

We need this win plus a win with Brighton to make it in the playoffs since we fumbled ourselves out of the Hardin County game. I'm not counting on a win against HC, but it would be nice as well. Our team is coming together and looking more like the team we thought we would have this year. Since my kid is a senior, this game is VERY IMPORTANT in our house. Good luck to both teams and may this be an injury free game, but may the INDIANS prevail.

The YANKER agrees with the call for no injuries. I hope your son has a good senior year and wins a few more games...just not this one!!!

The YANKER agrees with you TOTALLY!!!!!

I am in agreement with you here 58Indians22. And like the Yanker said, there is a time and a place for that and this is not it. I saw a video highlight of the SS/JCM matchup and the interview with JCM's coach looked pretty pitiful. But in bringing that up, I was not trying to ignite a revolt! I understand that some folks are upset, but it needs to be brought up at the proper time.

Good post my "Ignitional Wonder of a Cephus"...the YANKER is in appreciation!!!

I think that JCM has an outstanding coaching staff, they are coming off of a Regional title and a 3rd round playoff loss to a very strong Melrose team. From what I have understood, They have suffered some injuries this year, I am not sure that I would ever bad mouth a coach on a forum like this, it strikes me as a gutless act and definitely a negative act toward your program. Responsibility will fall where it may, but as an alum of JCM, Maybe you should have the balls to do your criticizing in the proper place and not on a public forum under the cover of an false name. Just my opinion,

A little food for thought, Jeff Fischer is being criticized daily now for not having a clue, well unless he has taken a severe blow to the head, he has not lost his football knowledge that made him so good in 1999. Same coach, different players,

I think that JCM has an outstanding coaching staff, they are coming off of a Regional title and a 3rd round playoff loss to a very strong Melrose team. From what I have understood, They have suffered some injuries this year, I am not sure that I would ever bad mouth a coach on a forum like this, it strikes me as a gutless act and definitely a negative act toward your program. Responsibility will fall where it may, but as an alum of JCM, Maybe you should have the balls to do your criticizing in the proper place and not on a public forum under the cover of an false name. Just my opinion,

A little food for thought, Jeff Fischer is being criticized daily now for not having a clue, well unless he has taken a severe blow to the head, he has not lost his football knowledge that made him so good in 1999. Same coach, different players,

The YANKER actually agrees with your ENTIRE post my young prophet!!! That may frighten both of us to some degreee!! Thank you for your post...you reflect the feelings of the YANKER as well.