Region 2 1A

cosbybasketball30

This is what I am looking at CMS

These rankings are current as of 6:53 AM on Oct. 3, 2006

and are based only on scores reported to CoachT.com.

Showing only the top 25 teams with at least 5 completed games.

Football 2006 Season

Class A

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Coalfield 7-0 100.00%

2 Cosby 7-0 100.00%

3 Fayette Academy 7-0 100.00%

4 Cascade 6-0 100.00%

5 Friendship Christian 6-0 100.00%

6 Jo Byrns 6-0 100.00%

7 South Pittsburg 6-0 100.00%

8 Temple 6-0 100.00%

9 Hampton 5-1 83.33%

10 Lake Co. 5-1 83.33%

11 McEwen 5-1 83.33%

12 McKenzie 5-1 83.33%

13 Trinity Christian 5-1 83.33%

14 Grace Baptist Academy 5-2 71.43%

15 Mt. Pleasant 5-2 71.43%

16 Collinwood 4-2 66.67%

17 Eagleville 4-2 66.67%

18 Forrest 4-2 66.67%

19 Gordonsville 4-2 66.67%

20 Harriman 4-2 66.67%

21 Lookout Valley 4-2 66.67%

22 Midway 4-2 66.67%

23 Sunbright 4-2 66.67%

24 Watertown 4-2 66.67%

25 White House-Heritage 4-2 66.67%

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I am looking at CMS

These rankings are current as of 6:53 AM on Oct. 3, 2006

and are based only on scores reported to CoachT.com.

Showing only the top 25 teams with at least 5 completed games.

Football 2006 Season

Class A

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Coalfield 7-0 100.00%

2 Cosby 7-0 100.00%

3 Fayette Academy 7-0 100.00%

4 Cascade 6-0 100.00%

5 Friendship Christian 6-0 100.00%

6 Jo Byrns 6-0 100.00%

7 South Pittsburg 6-0 100.00%

8 Temple 6-0 100.00%

9 Hampton 5-1 83.33%

10 Lake Co. 5-1 83.33%

11 McEwen 5-1 83.33%

12 McKenzie 5-1 83.33%

13 Trinity Christian 5-1 83.33%

14 Grace Baptist Academy 5-2 71.43%

15 Mt. Pleasant 5-2 71.43%

16 Collinwood 4-2 66.67%

17 Eagleville 4-2 66.67%

18 Forrest 4-2 66.67%

19 Gordonsville 4-2 66.67%

20 Harriman 4-2 66.67%

21 Lookout Valley 4-2 66.67%

22 Midway 4-2 66.67%

23 Sunbright 4-2 66.67%

24 Watertown 4-2 66.67%

25 White House-Heritage 4-2 66.67%

These rankings are going by overall records and in abc order.

Edited by wpasi

I think I know more about region 2 than you do. First thing,Sunbrite will finish no higher tham 4th. This will come down to Oneida and them. As far as the top 3, they are all about the same. As far as region 1, three teams can compete ,Cosby is better than you think. If Unaka can get a little offence,they could give anyone alot of trouble. I really like Coalfield, But I have serious doubts they are #1 in the state.

"As far as the top 3, they are all about the same" No we are not all about the same. First Coalfield has already beat Midway. And If my memory serves me right the last time everyone was saying that region 2 was very equal. We won every game in the first round that was two years ago, and everyone made it to the second and third round with coalfield making it to the 4th round. And I expect the same thing this year.

"As far as the top 3, they are all about the same" No we are not all about the same. First Coalfield has already beat Midway. And If my memory serves me right the last time everyone was saying that region 2 was very equal. We won every game in the first round that was two years ago, and everyone made it to the second and third round with coalfield making it to the 4th round. And I expect the same thing this year.

And Hampton wasn't in region 1, and the rest of region 1 was down. Its not that way this year. And yes the top three are very even. Coalfield didn't run over Oneida and had a 98 yard fumble return to beat Midway. Looks pretty even to me.

And Hampton wasn't in region 1, and the rest of region 1 was down. Its not that way this year. And yes the top three are very even. Coalfield didn't run over Oneida and had a 98 yard fumble return to beat Midway. Looks pretty even to me.

Coalfield is the best team in the region and should win the region unless they have an injury to one of the key players. And usuing the theory from the post above, i assume that you think that the Air Force team is equal to the Univeristy of Tennesse because Tennessee only beat them by one point. When Coalfield played Midway and Onieda it was in a four game road trip with two big rival games thrown in also (Wartburg and Oliver Springs). Some games are not as close as the score makes you think.

Coalfield is the best team in the region and should win the region unless they have an injury to one of the key players. And usuing the theory from the post above, i assume that you think that the Air Force team is equal to the Univeristy of Tennesse because Tennessee only beat them by one point. When Coalfield played Midway and Onieda it was in a four game road trip with two big rival games thrown in also (Wartburg and Oliver Springs). Some games are not as close as the score makes you think.

Tennessee does that alot, done it for years. I hope Coalfield is the best,my favorite team in region 2. I really don't know how close those two games were, can you enlighten me on this. Midway looks strong to me.

Tennessee does that alot, done it for years. I hope Coalfield is the best,my favorite team in region 2. I really don't know how close those two games were, can you enlighten me on this. Midway looks strong to me.

I did not see the Onieda game so I cannot speak on that game. I was at the Midway game and personally I never felt during any point in that game that Midway was going to win the game. And I do have to congradutate the jackets on that game because in years past that was a game that Coalfield would have lost. It was not Coalfields best game, but they did not fold they kept fighting and held on and did what it took to win the game.

Midway is tough. They have a talented, tough quarterback that can take a huge lick wobble back to the huddle, nearly go under the fullback at the break only to realize what was happening, move to center, and then move them for another big gainer. They have a couple of fast backs. They put together a game against Oneida that Coalfield would have done had the weather conditions been different. When you have a high powered running game and the back cannot get footing on cuts he would normally make then one is in for a long night.

Oneida, up until Midway, had a pretty decent defense but it appears the holes were located (something Coalfield didn't do).

Region 2 has a new set of contenders. The usual suspects, Greenback and Oneida are way down compaired to previous years. Coalfield, the only traditional contender (since Harriman is new to the region coming from 2a) and Midway are near equal, with the edge to Coalfield because of the win. Harriman and what they can do with Coalfield is the huge question. Look for Coalfield to hit hard during this game.

Midway is tough. They have a talented, tough quarterback that can take a huge lick wobble back to the huddle, nearly go under the fullback at the break only to realize what was happening, move to center, and then move them for another big gainer. They have a couple of fast backs. They put together a game against Oneida that Coalfield would have done had the weather conditions been different. When you have a high powered running game and the back cannot get footing on cuts he would normally make then one is in for a long night.

Oneida, up until Midway, had a pretty decent defense but it appears the holes were located (something Coalfield didn't do).

Region 2 has a new set of contenders. The usual suspects, Greenback and Oneida are way down compaired to previous years. Coalfield, the only traditional contender (since Harriman is new to the region coming from 2a) and Midway are near equal, with the edge to Coalfield because of the win. Harriman and what they can do with Coalfield is the huge question. Look for Coalfield to hit hard during this game.

Thanks CY, I always trust what you say. The rest of the season could be very interesting. Injuries is the one thing that could hurt any of the above. Hopefully everyone will stay healthy, it going to be a tight race.

Sheldon35, Here is the AP poll

CLASS 1A

Record Pts Prev

1. Friendship Christian (6) 6-0

2. South Pittsburg (5) 6-0

3. Jo Byrns (1) 6-0

4. Fayette Academy (2) 7-0

5. Coalfield (1) 7-0

6. Cosby (2) 7-0

7. Cascade 6-0

8. Hampton 5-1

9. Temple 6-0

10. McKenzie 5-1

What does this mean nothing just fun to talk about it...

Ok Region 1 v.s Region 2 thing here for awhile region 2 would run the table but that is not the case anymore region 1 is stronger than they have been in the past & region 2 is about the same with some teams flip floping but this year I like to think region 2 is overall stronger from top to bottom this year but I guess we shall know a little more about each other after Hampton & Cosby play ... & Coalfield, Harriman & Midway, Harriman games ...