Region 2 1A

cosbybasketball30

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Region 1 v.s Region 2 thing here for awhile region 2 would run the table but that is not the case anymore region 1 is stronger than they have been in the past & region 2 is about the same with some teams flip floping but this year I like to think region 2 is overall stronger from top to bottom this year but I guess we shall know a little more about each other after Hampton & Cosby play ... & Coalfield, Harriman & Midway, Harriman games ...

The thing I like about region 2 is the way they have played out of region,some very telling wins on the resume. Either way, Ill be routing for the last team standing, only one team out of region 2,I don't really care for.

Although Coalfield, Midway and Harriman are all clicking right now, you'd have to think Coalfield the edge because they've knocked off Midway and they have Harriman at home. They would also have the tiebreaker advantage if all three finished tied for first because of overall record. Harriman has two non district losses and Midway has one while Coalfield has none.

Region 2 and Region 1 were pretty similar last year. This year Hampton could again go farther than anybody, but I think any of the top five teams in Region 2 would finish second or third in Region 1. I'm not sold on Cosby because any good Class A team in the state would be 7-0 right now against their schedule.

The big thing for the teams in Region 2 right now is to finish first or second. Those two teams should have an easy time in round one of the playoffs. The No. 3 at Cosby game should be close while Hampton should win their opener, but it's not a gimme by no means.

Guest Shocker0

I really think that region 2 is one of the toughest in the state this year. Coalfield has really played great the last 3 or so games. I thought they should have beat Midway by more when they played...but apparently Midway is even better this year too. Harriman looked great against Sunbright and Rockwood and I think their better this year too. Same for Sunbright. The only team's I see down this year in region 2 would have to be Greenback (way down) and Oakdale. Oneida is about the same as they were last season, but it's still to early to tell. I think Coalfield will go deep into the playoffs this season unless they have to play some people from region 2 early in which case it will be tough. This is my top 7 and record predictions:

1. Coalfield 10-0

2. Midway 7-3

3. Harriman 7-3

4. Sunbright 6-4

5. Oneida 4-6

6. Oakdale 1-9

7. Greenback 0-10

Shelton, you said you thought there would be a Region 2 sweep this year? What are you smoking? I don't see any Sunbright or Oneida(based on the way the Indians are playing currently) to beat Hampton. I'm a Region 2 fan and would love a sweep, but I don't see how it could happen.

Although Coalfield, Midway and Harriman are all clicking right now, you'd have to think Coalfield the edge because they've knocked off Midway and they have Harriman at home. They would also have the tiebreaker advantage if all three finished tied for first because of overall record. Harriman has two non district losses and Midway has one while Coalfield has none.

Region 2 and Region 1 were pretty similar last year. This year Hampton could again go farther than anybody, but I think any of the top five teams in Region 2 would finish second or third in Region 1. I'm not sold on Cosby because any good Class A team in the state would be 7-0 right now against their schedule.

The big thing for the teams in Region 2 right now is to finish first or second. Those two teams should have an easy time in round one of the playoffs. The No. 3 at Cosby game should be close while Hampton should win their opener, but it's not a gimme by no means.

They pay you for knowing whats going on,and you have done your homework. Region 2 really looks good this year and Hampton will have their hands full with any one of the top three teams. Its a good chance ,they could play three in a row. Cosby is not a bad team and even Unaka,if they can find some offence,could be trouble. Like I said before,I' ll be routing for the last team standing.

Shelton, you said you thought there would be a Region 2 sweep this year? What are you smoking? I don't see any Sunbright or Oneida(based on the way the Indians are playing currently) to beat Hampton. I'm a Region 2 fan and would love a sweep, but I don't see how it could happen.

can i ask a favor. can you tell me when and where i made that statement. i do not recall every saying that. that would be hard to do. again i dont recall saying that. region 2 has some good teams and its hard to see how its going to pan out in that region.

shelton

Hampton will beat Sunbright or Oneida, THAT'S a given.

Cosby and Midway OR Harriman could go either way but I'm leaning more toward Midway or Harriman winning that one. It's POSSIBLE there could be a split but I don't think Cosby, unless I'm mistaken, has really played anyone except Hampton and they were without Townsend. That could play a factor cuz Midway's played some tough competition and so has Harriman.