Congrats Maryville Frosh

GovMan

Well, so much for my predictions. :thumb::lol: Blount gave the Maryville freshmen a great game but fell short at the end. I believe the final was 27 -12, but it was actually closer than it sounds.

Blount led 12 - 7 late in the 3rd (maybe even into the 4th) but then Maryville put together an impressive drive to take the lead with like 3 minutes left in the game. I believe the young Kimsey kid ran off left tackle like 7 times in a row and the Maryville line just controlled the line of scrimmage.

Blount was forced to try to pass their way down field, but Maryville picked them off and got another offensive score to ice it. Then #1 for Maryville intercepted a pass on the last play of the game and outran everyone into the endzone as time expired.

Both teams have some good young players, which should bode well for the future. I've heard a "knock or two" against this MHS freshman class (overall talent) but dang ... they have some monsters in the line, a good looking qb, some great speed. If they can get Trent Guy back next year, I believe they're gonna be ok!

Good game Maryville frosh. And WB, keep working, learn Coach Meadow's system, and make it you goal to maybe knock those Rebels off before your high school career is finished. You gotta believe!

Thanks for the report Gov-Man.

For whatever reason this freshman team has been slow to put it all together. But they have the horses. Can't wait to see Coach Ellis get these lineman for a while longer, because they are bigger than the varsity line.

As for Trent Guy....Well, it's obvious that the Good Lord still answers prayer and continues to be in the miracle business.

Edited by STARSNBARS