who is the best team in 3a

PR51

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For someone on the other end of the state, what are the strenghts and weaknesses of Fulton and Catholic?

Both teams are very similar. They each have an OUTSTANDING player in Dennis Rogan (Fulton) and Harrison Smith (Catholic). Both are big time D-1 players and are a threat to score everytime they touch the ball. They both have dominating line play. Catholic is very disciplined and tough. Fulton relies more on athleticism and toughness. Weaknesses are hard to find. Catholic may be a little weak passing the ball other than to Smith but have 4 very good guys running the ball. Fulton seems to be a little shaky in their passing game also. Fulton has no kicking game whatsoever. They don't even normally try to kick extra points. Both defenses are first-rate. I bet they haven't given up 50 points combined. Catholic's biggest weakness right now may be a lack of competition faced thus far.

Both teams are very similar. They each have an OUTSTANDING player in Dennis Rogan (Fulton) and Harrison Smith (Catholic). Both are big time D-1 players and are a threat to score everytime they touch the ball. They both have dominating line play. Catholic is very disciplined and tough. Fulton relies more on athleticism and toughness. Weaknesses are hard to find. Catholic may be a little weak passing the ball other than to Smith but have 4 very good guys running the ball. Fulton seems to be a little shaky in their passing game also. Fulton has no kicking game whatsoever. They don't even normally try to kick extra points. Both defenses are first-rate. I bet they haven't given up 50 points combined. Catholic's biggest weakness right now may be a lack of competition faced thus far.

I agree with IrishBBall pretty much .. Catholic will try to run the clock with Wing T .. Fulton will run out of I and shotgun and spread .. they try to get ball into their playmakers hands ..quick play capability mostly from Fulton but Catholic has some great players also .. Harrison Smith is great , smart football player .. can run the ball and is fast ,, greatest asset may be just his abilty to anticipate , he reacts quickly on defense ..good tackler .. Rogan from Fulton !! Kid is amazing running the ball , quick feet and tough too .... plays safety on defense and is not afraid on contact ... HEY CROCKET since you guys are the Best of the WEST tell us about your team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with IrishBBall pretty much .. Catholic will try to run the clock with Wing T .. Fulton will run out of I and shotgun and spread .. they try to get ball into their playmakers hands ..quick play capability mostly from Fulton but Catholic has some great players also .. Harrison Smith is great , smart football player .. can run the ball and is fast ,, greatest asset may be just his abilty to anticipate , he reacts quickly on defense ..good tackler .. Rogan from Fulton !! Kid is amazing running the ball , quick feet and tough too .... plays safety on defense and is not afraid on contact ... HEY CROCKET since you guys are the Best of the WEST tell us about your team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offensively, run a variation of the Wing-T. Have three running backs that are a threat to break a big play every time they get a seam. Senior QB is a 4-year starter and has matured into a solid player. Can spread the field with a lot of speed and throw when necessary. Defensively, big, strong, deep athletic defensive line. Linebackers that are not afraid to step in make big hits, and three senior DBs that are 3-year starters.

I've been a Cavalier fan since the school was formed, and this team is the most versatile I've seen here. Not unbeatable, but a very, very good team that can play either a speed game or a power game. I'm not saying the Cavaliers will make it to Murfreesboro, because the road is extemely long and tough. I do think this team has a definite chance if it stays focused and free of major injuries.

Offensively, run a variation of the Wing-T. Have three running backs that are a threat to break a big play every time they get a seam. Senior QB is a 4-year starter and has matured into a solid player. Can spread the field with a lot of speed and throw when necessary. Defensively, big, strong, deep athletic defensive line. Linebackers that are not afraid to step in make big hits, and three senior DBs that are 3-year starters.

I've been a Cavalier fan since the school was formed, and this team is the most versatile I've seen here. Not unbeatable, but a very, very good team that can play either a speed game or a power game. I'm not saying the Cavaliers will make it to Murfreesboro, because the road is extemely long and tough. I do think this team has a definite chance if it stays focused and free of major injuries.

Well said crockett goes to state if they can stay injury free... this year is crocketts year!!!!

Go crockett!!! :thumb: