What is the best south pittsburg team ever>?

Geno

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say. Some will say '69. Some say one of the teams in '85 or '86 were tougher. '93 and '94 were real good. '98 may have been better than the '99 team that went undefeated. Some may even say the '74 squad. There are even some that say the best team was sometime before '69. It all comes down to opinion though. I have just listed some that I hear tossed around.

Hard to say. Some will say '69. Some say one of the teams in '85 or '86 were tougher. '93 and '94 were real good. '98 may have been better than the '99 team that went undefeated. Some may even say the '74 squad. There are even some that say the best team was sometime before '69. It all comes down to opinion though. I have just listed some that I hear tossed around.

Don't know about you but I think our team this year could hang with any of them. :lol:

well ive played on and seen many good pirate teams, But The 94 Team was the most Dominate Team ive ever seen, they played many local good teams and destroyed them a running back that had over 4,000 yards and 87 touchdowns in 2 years , and thats just 2 qrts a game and he missed 2 games. I believe 8 players got scholorships off that Team. the two Banks brothers (killer Bee's) perry Hutchins @ Qb.. I believe we ran more kickoff's back that year than ever also.. yes i wish this years team well and I think ur a good team . but comparing that team to this one is apples and oranges .. not even close... but still good. I think that year also jasper was the #1 ranked area team and spitt was #2 out of all area teams. and japser beat spitt 7-0 and they won the AAA championship that year... I believe (my opinion) that the 94 team could have played with any high school team in the nation that year... The 69 Team was awesome , the 99 team was great.... even some teams in the Late 70's to early 80's was awesome.. even the ones that had in my opinion the fastest and best running back this town has ever seen. in Zelmer Chubb. Zelmer went to knoxville one year and actually out ran Willie Gault...so yes this is a opnion Post. but after watching that 94 team and the strength of there opponents that year and what i believe also the best high school coach ive ever seen (Danny wilson) they were the best.

Edited by Geno

Old Pirate says I hope you are a player feeling that courageous!!! Old Pirates says 69,85,86,94 & 99 teams are all better than this squad,sorry but reality is realizing the truth. GOOD LUCK Pirates stay humble and hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gut Wrench Gary says that old pirate needs to let his glory days go and get with the 2006 pirates.

Gut Wrench Gary says that old pirate needs to let his glory days go and get with the 2006 pirates.

Here's the deal. If the 2006 Pirates don't get spanked by Jasper, and can run the playoff gauntlet they will earn their place in the Pirate glory days. Then in 5 years when someone asks a similar question, the 2006 Pirates will be brought up.

the 69, 74, 77, 85, 86, 87, 93, 94, 98, 99 Pirate teams were all some very good teams and played numerous very good teams. This is barely half way through the season and the 2006 pirates haven't beat anyone with a winning record.

Older Pirates expcect Pirate teams to win.

Edited by rlh