Huntingdon @ Milan

Bulldog Fan #2

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though Huntingdon has stumbled a little, don't count us out just yet. The talent is there, it just has to come together. I hope to see another classic! Granted if we play like we have the last couple of weeks, its going to be a long night...

I just hope we don't see any more injuries on either side of the ball! Good luck to all the kids!!!

Watched the Trenton/Huntingdon game replay on TV last night.

My observations were the Mustangs biggest concern has to be their Oline and Dline. This should favor Milan since the Dline and Oline are one of our biggest assets along with Lydale's arm and feet.

I think Milan has the advantage in this one. Home field advantage and the young guys for Milan are starting to figure out what they're supposed to be doing.

I think that was our biggest problem in the Crockett Co. game. Our young guys trying to defend against a team full of talented seniors in week 1 was just too much for them, but they are getting there.

Its hard for any 2a team to have a good offensive and defensive when 1 of your starting tackles is out for the season with a torn acl and the other possibly broke his ankle and is probably out for the rest of the year. And also you could really tell donald's hamstring was really bothering him other night. I think Huntingdon just needs to do whatever it takes to get into the playoffs and as long as they get in they have a chance

Milan by a mile. Where's all those Huntingdon guys this year? How about telling us all like it is MUSTANG69?

Stang fans are still here. It has been a great run...lot of good memories...and a lot of good athletes have been through here the past 6 or 7 years. We all knew this was coming we just didnt think it would be this year. Weve had a great run but it might be coming to an end this November. Looks like the cupboard is bare after this year.... junior high has not done real good in about 3 years now. Just stating the facts.

Been a real unusual season...just cannot figure out what is going on with the team. Lot of injuries...but we had people hurt last year....you just gotta play through it and find a way to win. No excuses!

Just have to keep trying to getting better. Team has nearly lost its confidence. Need to jel as a team and the Seniors need to realize that this is it for them. The next 4 are all regional games...better leave it all on the field if you want to be playin in November.

Edited by Outsider15

;):lol:

I'm still around. No need for the "jibber jabber" Mission accomplished. :lol:

Good luck Friday. I hope for an injury free game

GO STANGS!!!

No way reignydayz comin out of the woodworks. That makes my day. We haven't seen a good game all year. Part of me wants us to win by 50 and part of me wants to see ANOTHER great Milan-Huntingdon classic. Good luck I know ya'll be prepared. Huntingdon may not be having their best year but i'll still count on another huge crowd! Edited by bulldawgs#1

A player told me the team was tensed up in week 1. They had alot of guys out there on the field that had never been there before and several who had never even dressed out for a varsity game. But when they came out against GC they were real loose and got hyped up before the game. And thats how they've been ever since.

Does the replay come on again today?

Experience does make a difference. You can just hope the young ones keep getting better each week. It looks like that is happening.

The younger kids have really matured. We missed several assignments against CC but haven't since. Ofcourse it's hard to come out against a team like CC for your first ever varsity high school game but they really learned from it. Lydale has been really good for young WRs Williams, Pearson, and Moore. and Coach Holden has done a great job with a jrs. and sophs. in the defensive backfield.

I also posted this in the Milan/Humboldt thread, but feel it bears repeating here as well.

I was with John on the air on 96.5 around 9 PM when we got the call from Bill Haney. Bill came on and dropped the news about Milan possibly being 0-5, sourcing his news from Murphy Fair. Had this been a call from a casual fan, I would have dismissed it immediately. However, when you have men of Bill and Murphy's stature, you have to treat it as news. Both of those men are responsible individuals who have contributed a portion of their lives covering Milan football (in Bill's case) and all of Tennessee football (in Murphy's case). When those two speak about high school football, you have to listen. In that situation, we can't casually dismiss what they say.

If you listen to our shows regularly, you know that the overall tone of both the 5-7 and 7-9:30 shows on 96.5 are positive shows, and that we don't tolerate name calling or criticism of coaches or programs.

We were not excited to report that Milan was 0-5 is incorrect. If the broadcast had been televised, you would have seen that the look on our faces was not excitement. It was stunned disbelief. As a part of two of the four shows on 96.5 on Fridays, I can assure all of you that we try as hard as possible to be impartial to all West Tennessee teams.

We were trying to process this news live on the air, note the sources of the news, and discuss the potential impact on Region 7-2A. We also noted near our 9:30 sign off that these types of issues are usually self-reported, that Coach Morris runs a class program, and that Milan had the right opponents left on their schedule to still make a run at the Region title if the news is true. We also pointed out that people shouldn’t be taking shots at Milan because most of these issues are not intentional but are oversights that nobody caught until it was too late.

If you continued to listen, you heard Murphy Fair go on the air on the show following ours around 10 and explain what he knew and how he knew it. A man of his reputation is not going to be throwing false accusations around on the air, and knowing that about him, we had to go with his news when it was presented to us around 9. We also said to wait and see exactly what the specifics are when the details are released.

I love you guys on Friday Night. However, I was the one that called you off air and reported what all Milan coaches said. By the time I turned the radio off around 10:30, you guys were still reporting about Milan's forfeit. Just listen to me guys, I will give you the word straight from our coaches mouth lol.

The younger kids have really matured. We missed several assignments against CC but haven't since. Ofcourse it's hard to come out against a team like CC for your first ever varsity high school game but they really learned from it. Lydale has been really good for young WRs Williams, Pearson, and Moore. and Coach Holden has done a great job with a jrs. and sophs. in the defensive backfield.

I'm not making excuses, but if Milan and Crockett played at the end of the year; It would be a classic!

Let me give you guys a few stats.

Milan ran over 30 offensive plays in the first half, when we dominated.

This O-line was wore out in the second half, leading Coach Morris to an extreme conditioning week the week after.

Crockett is a great team, but I think we could take em if it wasn't our first game.

Its hard for any 2a team to have a good offensive and defensive when 1 of your starting tackles is out for the season with a torn acl and the other possibly broke his ankle and is probably out for the rest of the year. And also you could really tell donald's hamstring was really bothering him other night. I think Huntingdon just needs to do whatever it takes to get into the playoffs and as long as they get in they have a chance

Its hard to have a good 2a team period, especially in this region. Milan lost there second string fullback in the second game of the season and their first string fullback in the fourth. JW is limping around and we have one o-lineman at about 70% and another that is sitting out awaiting a tssaa ruling. We don't have any top ten national college picks either, but despite all of that i'd say we still have a pretty good offense and defense.

Its hard to have a good 2a team period, especially in this region. Milan lost there second string fullback in the second game of the season and their first string fullback in the fourth. JW is limping around and we have one o-lineman at about 70% and another that is sitting out awaiting a tssaa ruling. We don't have any top ten national college picks either, but despite all of that i'd say we still have a pretty good offense and defense.

Will you please add a P to ChamPions Please? It unnerves me.