Huntingdon @ Milan

Bulldog Fan #2

That was Milan football. Great defense, great running game, we missed two XP but had a nice 35 yarder right before half and executed well on kick offs and kick off returns. Great job by the oline and dline. Keenen Bratcher went both ways tonight with the absence of Hanson and Patterson. We ran behind him all night he drove his man downfield every play and he also did a great job on defense.

yea that field goal was pretty good..just got it but he got it...milan laid some pretty good licks out tonight too from what i saw..im starting to like milan i do believe they win region and make it along ways in playoffs

:lol:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks GCP. Tell me you saw the lick Anderson layed to that kid on kickoff...One of the hardest I've even seen. I didn't catch the kids number but he was horizontal about 5 feet off the ground and it sounded like a shotgun.

i liked the hit when ole kirby laid out wardlow on the option..and then the hit in the first half when the ball went flying in the air and was intercepted and returned for a td...was it just me or did i see someone from humboldt get knocked out and he got up and was whobbling off the field and the coaches come out and helped him off..he looked just out there

Edited by GCPioneer

Yea i saw that. I think Brooks was responsible for that one the kid that wobbled off lol. Coach Morris' # 1 thing is outhitting the opponet, he always preaches that. And you know the players love to go back and watch film of when they KOd someone. Moore Made a nice one handed snag on the pick that was pretty much the nail in the coffon. And what about Kirby. That boy is a player. He had a bunch of big hits and I'm not sure of his stats but he had a big game carryin the ball. I don't know how he does it but his big 6'3" frame looks like he's runnin straight up and down but always finds holes always makes gud cuts and ALWAYS falls forward for an extra 2 yards.

Anyone want to talk about the Huntindon-Milan matchup???

Edited by bulldawgs#1

Yea i saw that. I think Brooks was responsible for that one the kid that wobbled off lol. Coach Morris 1 thing is outhitting the opponet. And you know the players love to go back and watch film of when they KOd someone. Moore Made a nice one handed snag on the pick that was pretty much the nail in the coffon. And what about Kirby. That boy is a player. He some a bunch of big hits and I'm not sure of his stats but he had a big game carryin the ball. I don't know how he does it his big 6'3" frame looks like he's runnin straight up and down but always finds holes always makes gud cuts and ALWAYS falls forward for an extra 2 yards.

Anyone want to talk about the Huntindon-Milan matchup???

milan by 21

Thanks for getting back to the topic of this thread. When Milan and Huntingdon meet you can throw out all of the records and know that this will be a game to watch for 2A supremacy in West TN. Grant it that Huntingdon has not played up to the level of expectations of everyone. Going to be an exciting week and can't wait for next Friday. If Milan plays like they did against Humboldt, Milan wins 35-14.

As for the discussion about the "alleged illegal player" Milan has had for the first part of the season, let the real facts come out. I am surprised by those in the media in their "rush to report" have stepped out on the limb with "100%" certainty. Maybe someone will saw that limb off. Where has character and integrity gone these days.

Thanks to 97.7, Grace Broadcasting, Robin Coud, West TN Sports Show, and Steve Hemann for their stance last night. If you missed that interview around 10:30 or 10:40 you missed the real facts. There has been no ruling and the ruling will take place this next week. (Period) That is from the mouth of Coach Morris the head coach and Kris Todd the principal.

Let's get back to reporting the facts, not hearsay. Let the kid's play ball and let's watch West TN football, which by the way, is the best.

Baddawg!

I also posted this in the Milan/Humboldt thread, but feel it bears repeating here as well.

I was with John on the air on 96.5 around 9 PM when we got the call from Bill Haney. Bill came on and dropped the news about Milan possibly being 0-5, sourcing his news from Murphy Fair. Had this been a call from a casual fan, I would have dismissed it immediately. However, when you have men of Bill and Murphy's stature, you have to treat it as news. Both of those men are responsible individuals who have contributed a portion of their lives covering Milan football (in Bill's case) and all of Tennessee football (in Murphy's case). When those two speak about high school football, you have to listen. In that situation, we can't casually dismiss what they say.

If you listen to our shows regularly, you know that the overall tone of both the 5-7 and 7-9:30 shows on 96.5 are positive shows, and that we don't tolerate name calling or criticism of coaches or programs.

We were not excited to report that Milan was 0-5 is incorrect. If the broadcast had been televised, you would have seen that the look on our faces was not excitement. It was stunned disbelief. As a part of two of the four shows on 96.5 on Fridays, I can assure all of you that we try as hard as possible to be impartial to all West Tennessee teams.

We were trying to process this news live on the air, note the sources of the news, and discuss the potential impact on Region 7-2A. We also noted near our 9:30 sign off that these types of issues are usually self-reported, that Coach Morris runs a class program, and that Milan had the right opponents left on their schedule to still make a run at the Region title if the news is true. We also pointed out that people shouldn’t be taking shots at Milan because most of these issues are not intentional but are oversights that nobody caught until it was too late.

If you continued to listen, you heard Murphy Fair go on the air on the show following ours around 10 and explain what he knew and how he knew it. A man of his reputation is not going to be throwing false accusations around on the air, and knowing that about him, we had to go with his news when it was presented to us around 9. We also said to wait and see exactly what the specifics are when the details are released.

I also posted this in the Milan/Humboldt thread, but feel it bears repeating here as well.

I was with John on the air on 96.5 around 9 PM when we got the call from Bill Haney. Bill came on and dropped the news about Milan possibly being 0-5, sourcing his news from Murphy Fair. Had this been a call from a casual fan, I would have dismissed it immediately. However, when you have men of Bill and Murphy's stature, you have to treat it as news. Both of those men are responsible individuals who have contributed a portion of their lives covering Milan football (in Bill's case) and all of Tennessee football (in Murphy's case). When those two speak about high school football, you have to listen. In that situation, we can't casually dismiss what they say.

If you listen to our shows regularly, you know that the overall tone of both the 5-7 and 7-9:30 shows on 96.5 are positive shows, and that we don't tolerate name calling or criticism of coaches or programs.

We were not excited to report that Milan was 0-5 is incorrect. If the broadcast had been televised, you would have seen that the look on our faces was not excitement. It was stunned disbelief. As a part of two of the four shows on 96.5 on Fridays, I can assure all of you that we try as hard as possible to be impartial to all West Tennessee teams.

We were trying to process this news live on the air, note the sources of the news, and discuss the potential impact on Region 7-2A. We also noted near our 9:30 sign off that these types of issues are usually self-reported, that Coach Morris runs a class program, and that Milan had the right opponents left on their schedule to still make a run at the Region title if the news is true. We also pointed out that people shouldn’t be taking shots at Milan because most of these issues are not intentional but are oversights that nobody caught until it was too late.

If you continued to listen, you heard Murphy Fair go on the air on the show following ours around 10 and explain what he knew and how he knew it. A man of his reputation is not going to be throwing false accusations around on the air, and knowing that about him, we had to go with his news when it was presented to us around 9. We also said to wait and see exactly what the specifics are when the details are released.

As reputable as Bill Haney and Murphy Fair are,it still doesn't mean you go on the air with something that explosive without being absolutely positive.....A question for you....Did you have confirmation from a T.$.$.A.A representative???...Some kind of document off the T.$.$.A.A website????...Any word from coach Morris or principal Todd???...If the answer to those questions is no,then it was irresponsible reporting....Mr. Haney and Mr. Fair are NOT the sources you should have gone on air with....They are not official sources....I appreciate Robin and Stevie Ray for their professionalism and for not drinking from the "have to be first with the story cup mentality", whether it's proven or not...