Huntingdon @ Milan

Bulldog Fan #2

If we go there you got to explain last year. Swenson was not there last year and we were one play from the boro last year. Swenson never blocked or tackled anyone while he was at H-town. Good coach but he had a lot of talent the last 4 or 5 years of his tenure.

Remember, great talent makes even mediocre coaches look good. A lot of talent has put the pads on for H-town for the past 6 or 7 years... We probably should have about 3 gold balls if you really get down to the facts.

First time poster, long time listener. I think our current offensive coordinator is going to be a great young coach. We did good to get him. But as a long time Huntingdon fan I don't remember too many years where the talent level was low and it surely wasn't for long when it was. Coach Swenson took over offensive coordinator duties around 1996. Until that time we had never been out of the second round of the playoffs. I'll let you go get your program and see what happened the next eight years because the numbers don't lie. Go to Memphis and you'll see some great athletes, but that doesn't spell out genius coach every year for them. You see, sometimes a bad coach can make a good athlete look avg. A good coach knows how to showcase and use talent in their SYSTEM. Talent is good, real good, but you've got to get it to play. We all have our opinions about why the offense is struggling and why the defense is giving up points but thats what they are, opinions and I guarantee our staff is working their tails off to fix whats broken. :thumb:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing about weathers, I love the fact that he is hardnose and loves to hit people, but there is a point when you just have to be smart. Its like he runs with his eyes closed. Good backs know when they need to make a move and when they need to just plow foward and get all they can. He just dont have those instincts yet. Just watch macadams on kickoff returns and when he catches the ball. He always makes a move and gets extra yardage. Thats one reason i think that if donald aint going to be able to play rb we need to try macadams there.

Edited by Titans02

It sure would be sweet after all the struggles and hardships of the season up til this point to go over to Milan and put a good old fashioned country whoopin on the Bulldawgs.

You don't really mean that. :thumb:

Seriously, I expect a clean, hard hitting, close game. You can throw records, injuries, and pretty much everything out the window when these two play.

First time poster, long time listener. I think our current offensive coordinator is going to be a great young coach. We did good to get him. But as a long time Huntingdon fan I don't remember too many years where the talent level was low and it surely wasn't for long when it was. Coach Swenson took over offensive coordinator duties around 1996. Until that time we had never been out of the second round of the playoffs. I'll let you go get your program and see what happened the next eight years because the numbers don't lie. Go to Memphis and you'll see some great athletes, but that doesn't spell out genius coach every year for them. You see, sometimes a bad coach can make a good athlete look avg. A good coach knows how to showcase and use talent in their SYSTEM. Talent is good, real good, but you've got to get it to play. We all have our opinions about why the offense is struggling and why the defense is giving up points but thats what they are, opinions and I guarantee our staff is working their tails off to fix whats broken. :thumb:

First of all Shelby County is not a good comparison, those kids have to borrow a field to play their home games on and I know they dont have the community support our kids do. Bad choice to compare!

Secondly, you kind of proved my point, coaches dont block and tackle or catch passes, so regardless of your game plan...the kids have to execute it. I guess the Stangs never were any good until 1996..thats interesting..wonder what the 66 and 75 seniors would think about that? Wonder how far they would have went in the current playoff system....

Finally, when Hickman Co. becomes a powerhouse in 4A let me know!!

One more thing about weathers, I love the fact that he is hardnose and loves to hit people, but there is a point when you just have to be smart. Its like he runs with his eyes closed. Good backs know when they need to make a move and when they need to just plow foward and get all they can. He just dont have those instincts yet. Just watch macadams on kickoff returns and when he catches the ball. He always makes a move and gets extra yardage. Thats one reason i think that if donald aint going to be able to play rb we need to try macadams there.

Is he Boo's Brother? Cousin?

hes boo's cousin, and hickman co. went from being 0 and 10 and 4 and 6 in 1 year and only lost to lewis co 14-7 this year. I would say they are improving pretty fast.

Like I said, let me know when they become a powerhouse in 4A.

PA Pratt turned Crockett Co. around....but Hickman Co. dont produce the athletes year in and year out that Crockett Co. does.