Red Bank(6-0) @ Cleveland(6-0)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea. Lets cancel all the area games and invite everyone out to watch some real football. Which game will be better? Red Bank vs. Cleveland or Tenn vs UGA? Red Bank has not found anyone to stop their offense. I know they havent played great competition, but dont you expect a let down sometime? I know I will be there Friday night. Am I the only RB alum in Cleveland that doesnt bleed Raider Blue?

I have an idea. Lets cancel all the area games and invite everyone out to watch some real football. Which game will be better? Red Bank vs. Cleveland or Tenn vs UGA? Red Bank has not found anyone to stop their offense. I know they havent played great competition, but dont you expect a let down sometime? I know I will be there Friday night. Am I the only RB alum in Cleveland that doesnt bleed Raider Blue?

I'm so tired of all the hyperbole I've heard on the radio tonight ... and then I read it here.

If we are honest, we should say that we (BR and Cleveland) are two potentially very good teams who happen to be undefeated having played some really, really lousy teams early in the season. Its going to be a great GAME for sure, but why are we acting like this is a game between two great TEAMS. "Cancel all the area games and watch REAL FOOTBALL" - are you serious? Red Bank has already proven it isn't a great team ... We MAY be a great team, but we certainly haven't down anything to PROVE we're great. (Hey, at least we've got hope. RB can't say the same.)

Consider this:

Red Bank played McCallie in the Jamboree on the same night we (Cleveland) played. Granted it was only for a quarter, but it looked like men against boys. McCallie "stopped their offense" quite easily. I remember that that Coleman qb was very, very good and that they were about to score again as the quarter ended - and McCallie was using a back up qb in their last series. I also seem to remember that most of RB offensive plays were for losses or ended in fumbles. (I think I remember RB had one good offensive play) I just checked the schedules and McCallie has beaten two of the best teams in the state and (apparently) should have beaten a third - Alcoa. So it seems that McCallie's complete dominance of RB in the Jamboree certainly wasn't a fluke - it might have gotten real ugly had they played more quarters against McCallie's first team. (I've also heard some people say that RBs qb is in the same class as McCallie's qb - if that's the case, it must have been a different qb playing for RB in the Jamboree - RBs qb may have some good stats against several bad teams, but he's not nearly as good as McCallie's qb).

We, Cleveland, MIGHT be a great team - but we really haven't done anything great and the Brainerd game was just stupid. But no one has simply dominated us - jamboree or otherwise.

Red Bank, on the other hand, got EMBARRASSED in front of a lot of people. Granted, they got schooled by a very good McCallie team with REAL offensive talent. But it was ugly. Now, consider who they've played SINCE McCallie:

Central (0-6)

Soddy (1-5)

Walker Val (0-6)

Boyd Buc (1-6)

Brainerd (1-5)

Austin East (4-3) at least they have has a winning record

For Red Bank or the idiots on talk radio to think they are a GREAT TEAM, like a Maryville or Alcoa or McCallie just isn't supported by the facts. They've already been humiliated. Great teams may lose, but they don't get humiliated.

Red Bank ISN'T a great team.

So, we have to ask, ARE WE a great team. We really haven't beaten a great team ... or even a "good" team. But, maybe some great teams play just well enough to win. Maybe that's what we have done. But a great team NEVER, NEVER lets itself get embarrased. We didn't draw McCallie in the jamboree and we left with our pride and hopes for the season intact. So, it follows that:

Cleveland MAY be a great team, we simply don't know.

The point is this: neither of us has earned the hype (this year). Lets just play and leave everything on the field.

I'm so tired of all the hyperbole I've heard on the radio tonight ... and then I read it here.

If we are honest, we should say that we (BR and Cleveland) are two potentially very good teams who happen to be undefeated having played some really, really lousy teams early in the season. Its going to be a great GAME for sure, but why are we acting like this is a game between two great TEAMS. "Cancel all the area games and watch REAL FOOTBALL" - are you serious? Red Bank has already proven it isn't a great team ... We MAY be a great team, but we certainly haven't down anything to PROVE we're great. (Hey, at least we've got hope. RB can't say the same.)

Consider this:

Red Bank played McCallie in the Jamboree on the same night we (Cleveland) played. Granted it was only for a quarter, but it looked like men against boys. McCallie "stopped their offense" quite easily. I remember that that Coleman qb was very, very good and that they were about to score again as the quarter ended - and McCallie was using a back up qb in their last series. I also seem to remember that most of RB offensive plays were for losses or ended in fumbles. (I think I remember RB had one good offensive play) I just checked the schedules and McCallie has beaten two of the best teams in the state and (apparently) should have beaten a third - Alcoa. So it seems that McCallie's complete dominance of RB in the Jamboree certainly wasn't a fluke - it might have gotten real ugly had they played more quarters against McCallie's first team. (I've also heard some people say that RBs qb is in the same class as McCallie's qb - if that's the case, it must have been a different qb playing for RB in the Jamboree - RBs qb may have some good stats against several bad teams, but he's not nearly as good as McCallie's qb).

We, Cleveland, MIGHT be a great team - but we really haven't done anything great and the Brainerd game was just stupid. But no one has simply dominated us - jamboree or otherwise.

Red Bank, on the other hand, got EMBARRASSED in front of a lot of people. Granted, they got schooled by a very good McCallie team with REAL offensive talent. But it was ugly. Now, consider who they've played SINCE McCallie:

Central (0-6)

Soddy (1-5)

Walker Val (0-6)

Boyd Buc (1-6)

Brainerd (1-5)

Austin East (4-3) at least they have has a winning record

For Red Bank or the idiots on talk radio to think they are a GREAT TEAM, like a Maryville or Alcoa or McCallie just isn't supported by the facts. They've already been humiliated. Great teams may lose, but they don't get humiliated.

Red Bank ISN'T a great team.

So, we have to ask, ARE WE a great team. We really haven't beaten a great team ... or even a "good" team. But, maybe some great teams play just well enough to win. Maybe that's what we have done. But a great team NEVER, NEVER lets itself get embarrased. We didn't draw McCallie in the jamboree and we left with our pride and hopes for the season intact. So, it follows that:

Cleveland MAY be a great team, we simply don't know.

The point is this: neither of us has earned the hype (this year). Lets just play and leave everything on the field.

Both teams have beaten who they have supposed to beat..its a part of football that you have to deal with. Of course the radio, tv, and people around this area are going to hype it up, its two of the best teams in the area going at it, for what could be the region championship and sadly one of these teams has to lose..how can you not say Red Bank isn't a great team?? You just dont beat a team 77-8, and from what i have seen Brainerd isn't such a bad team. Good Luck to both teams

the essay just presented to us by ftblscout is truly a waste of time to read. jamborees, scrimmages, im really tired of hearing about it. if you knew anything about RB football, you would know how many starters were out for the jamboree.

even still, it doesnt matter if mccallie beats us 1000 - 0 in the jamboree, it is still a jamboree. if we beat brainerd 77-8 and you guys beat them 14-13, does that mean that we will beat you 77-9, no not at all. these two teams are some of the areas best and it is a huge region game. i just want to say good luck to both teams and congratulations on an already outstanding year. ftblscout = bs