RIVERDALE vs. SMYRNA

SCN08FearTheSpear

First off Sonny Grey is one of the better throwing QB's from this Region. Thing is will he have time to find a receiver and make the throw? I honestly do not think he has faced a defense as quick as R'dale this season.

Second is while Rankin is gone, it still has Coach Collins calling the defense and he knows Smyrna's offense and has had the answer for it these last few years.

It IS gonna be a fun game to watch!

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off Sonny Grey is one of the better throwing QB's from this Region. Thing is will he have time to find a receiver and make the throw? I honestly do not think he has faced a defense as quick as R'dale this season.

Second is while Rankin is gone, it still has Coach Collins calling the defense and he knows Smyrna's offense and has had the answer for it these last few years.

I hope there is no vandalism at either school. Since there were no real consequences laid out.......seems like there will need to be sentries at each school for this one.

Also.....what injuries does each school have right now?

And......finally....how many players get ejected in this one???

The thing it Riverdale has already seen one of the state's best QBs. It shouldn't be anything new to them.

And Smyrna had Wolke for three years- did he ever beat Riverdale?

Is that crickets I hear?

i agree but when he had time, he picked apart riverdale's DB's like crazy.. i by no means like smyrna at all.. im a riverdale grad and think they will win, but if they dont get pressure on sonny then he will pick them apart just like McCallie's QB did.. but smyrna always seems to choke when it comes to riverdale.. coach shad never seems to make half time ajustments while other coaches do.. should be a good game but i believe sonny wont have the ball as much as everyone thinks.. remember everybody and their mama gets to touch the ball in riverdale's offense and it takes up a lot of clock.. it will limit the smyrna posessions, thus limiting their points

i agree but when he had time, he picked apart riverdale's DB's like crazy.. i by no means like smyrna at all.. im a riverdale grad and think they will win, but if they dont get pressure on sonny then he will pick them apart just like McCallie's QB did.. but smyrna always seems to choke when it comes to riverdale.. coach shad never seems to make half time ajustments while other coaches do.. should be a good game but i believe sonny wont have the ball as much as everyone thinks.. remember everybody and their mama gets to touch the ball in riverdale's offense and it takes up a lot of clock.. it will limit the smyrna posessions, thus limiting their points

the only time BJ really done that was at the end

Riverdale's D is playing better each week.

smyrna wins... rhs DB's wont be able to match up w/ the talent of smyrnas recievers.

This is where you are wrong RHS will be able to play with the SHS wr's. Riverdale has more athletes than Smyrna from top to bottom. If the DB's contain the WR's the Smyrna RB's will have a tough time running. I can tell you this if RHS strikes first, Smyrna may start to doubt themselves and that could be bad. Smyrna has a very good back in Harris, who in my opinion is the better of the two Smyrna backs and runs harder than Hendricks. I have noticed that the Smyrna team has a little agruing going on within, with the two RB's having words and Wilks and Crouch having words all of this after the lost anyone know more on this, I only received bits and pieces.

If they play the game at Middle, advantage goes to Riverdale. Smyrna doesn't have any experience playing at that "venue."

Riverdale's D will work Sunshine Sunny over. He will be on his back most of the night. Then Shadowens won't know what to do w/o his Sunshine since he has planned his whole offense around goldenboy.

Riverdale needs to make shirts that say, "Aint no SUNSHINE when your gone..."

With all the remarks Shaowens has made about officials lately, he wont get any love from them. If I were his seniors, I would put a stop to Sunshine and Wilks "running" the team these days.

After all, the seniors are the one s who have "busted" their rears for Smyrna for 4 years, not Sunshine and Wilks.

Shawonwes is trying to "pad" stats for Mr. Football Nominations and Titans Coach of the week. It is "obvious." Mr. football Noms look great as a "recruiting" tool.