week 7 10/6 Pearl-Cohn at White House

timbdp

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White House won 35-28 in overtime. Pearl-Cohn scored on the first play of the game, White House drove down the field and tied the game at 7-7. Pearl-Cohn scored again before the half and led 14-7. White House threw an interception and Pearl-Cohn returned it for a TD. White House turned the ball over on a a fumble after they had a kickoff return for a TD called back with a penalty inside PC's 20. White House and Pearl-Cohn scored again it made the score 28-14 in the 4th quarter. Pearl-Cohn turned the ball over on downs around White House's 20 with about 6 minutes left and White House drove down the field for a TD that cut PC's lead to 28-21. White House revcovered an onside kick and scored another TD with 2 minutes left to tie the game. After a touchback Pearl-Cohn drove the ball and had a 1st down at the WH 13. Pearl-Cohn got another 1st down at the WH 2 with 11 seconds left. White House stopped the Pearl-Cohn RB just outside the end zone. White House scored on fourth down at the 1 on their possession, PC fumbled on their second play and it was recovered by White House

Oh my gosh for those of you that left the game before it was over SHAME ON YOU!!! For those of you that picked against WH double shame on you!!!! The final score in OVERTIME was WH 35 to PC 28 ............. WAY TO GO DEVILS and it could not have been a better ending to a game way to go DEVILS.......I don't care what any of you say NEVER underestimate the coaches or the players on this team. They all every kid out there and on the other team plays with heart and emotion! PC great game. You all played with class. Good job Devils!

Edited by BDPMOM

Oh my gosh for those of you that left the game before it was over SHAME ON YOU!!! For those of you that picked against WH double shame on you!!!! The final score in OVERTIME was WH 35 to PC 28 ............. WAY TO GO DEVILS and it could not have been a better ending to a game way to go DEVILS.......I don't care what any of you say NEVER underestimate the coaches or the players on this team. They all every kid out there and on the other team plays with heart and emotion! PC great game. You all played with class. Good job Devils!

Amen sister! Let me just say, that in all my years of going to WH football games, this one ranks up there with some of the best. I'll be honest, after they went up 28-14, I contemplated leaving. But, I saw that the MAJORITY of the crowd was staying, and I had faith in one thing: BLUE DEVIL PRIDE! This game was the BEST White House victory I have experienced since we beat Memphis Woodale in dramatic fashion in 1990. Tonight, to see those kids lay it all on the line, and not give up, when they were down 28-14 with six minutes to go against a Nashville powerhouse, it just brought sooo much emotion in the stands that reminded me of that night in 1990 against Memphis Woodale. A night when we did the impossible, and made it onto the semi-finals. A year in which we almost didn't make the playoffs. I'll be honest, after the final gun, seeing our boys run onto the field at the end....I didn't wanna leave. Everybody was hugging and high-fiving everyone around them, and Man...just what it's all about BLUE DEVIL PRIDE!!!!!!!!

I love our coaches...they are the best. I love this community, and I love the tradition that is WHITE HOUSE BLUE DEVIL football!!!!!!!!!! Great job BLUE!

To Pearl-Cohn.... You guys are all class, thanks for a great time, and for great sportsmanship!