Ridgeway @ Millington

rhsplaya55

[quote name='crc' date='Oct 6 2006 - 11:24 PM' post='826176891']

Maybe Ridgeway's QB gained some confidence tonight as he and the receivers came big several times. Raileanu was 7-14-100yards...42 big ones coming on the final drive. He matured tonight and hopefully will continue to play well down the stretch. We have to be able to run and throw.

To me this is the key to getting out of Memphis. When you add that he (receivers and OL) did this without Crawford makes it that much BIGGER.

I'm sure that a few coachs in 8-5A will notice how this game was won and say "Now what do I do?"

Edited by PAPAWOFBOO

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man oh man oh man. This is HUGE! As I bow and chant in a mantra-like fashion to the Ridgeway 'D' ... "wer'e not worthy ... wer'e not worthy ..." I can't help but be overwhelmed at such an accomplishment. To go into Trojan country without your 'offensive weapon' and win DESPITE his absence, against the 7-5A premier opponent ... and WIN! THAT ladies in gentlemen is what you call a SIGNATURE game. The Ridgeway team served notice to anyone paying attention. Let me say this though ... it does help in a situation like this, to play an opponent that is clearly one-dimensional in Millington. Under coach Hawkins, they run, first, last, and almost always. Millington completed 3 passes on 12 attempts for 35 yards with 2 picks. That's not going to cut it. The Ridegway 'D' had a lot to say about that though ... a LOT! Millington only had 6 first downs ... 6! Millington averaged 376.3 ypg with at least about 300 or so of that comming from the ground. Ridgeway shut them down to and held them to 152 yards of total offense ... only allowing 117 on the ground. MAN!

Much, much, much kudo's to the Ridgeway team, and especially the defense. I know this is going to sound crazy ... but ... Crawfords injury is a blessing in disguise, in an ironic way. Ridgeway's OL, QB, and WRs were FORCED to have to step up. With only 44 yards of rushing, they had to pruduce. There was no Aaron Crawford to rely upon. Coach Cooley HAD to call pass plays ... and they responded beautifully! They can pass ... and the QB AND the WRs have confidence now ... in the BIGGEST 7-5A game of the year no doubt! Yep, it's a blessing in disguise.

Now ... in response to an earlier post:

PAPAWOFBOO

To me this is the key to getting out of Memphis. When you add that he (receivers and OL) did this without Crawford makes it that much BIGGER.

I'm sure that a few coachs in 8-5A will notice how this game was won and say "Now what do I do?"

PAPAWOFBOO:

Right now ... the furthest thing from the mind of the coaching staffs of Germantown, Wooddale, Houston, White Station, Collierville, and Whitehaven collectively ... is the development and maturing of the Ridgeway passing game. I know it was said 'tongue in cheek' ... but there is a whole different mentality in 8-5A. 7-5A was pretty much determined before the season even started ... Everybody KNEW Ridgeway was king and Millington was the bride's maid and not the bride. The games had to be played ... but ... that was the general concensus whether it was verbalized or not. This victory ... WHITHOUT Crawford more then cements those notions of Ridgeway's 7-5A suppremecy. There is NO MORE DRAMA in 7-5A, it's all academic with 3 games left in the season.

Those who follow 8-5A have probably stated that Germantown was the favorite ... and rightly so. You have to admit ... It's more drama and intrigue in 8-5A, especially after White Station beat Germantown in OT, no doubt! Man! ... think about it ... White Station, Wooddale, and Germantown are all in the Hunt for the #1 seed. Even with the loss to White Station, Germantown still has a shot at the #1 seed. Houston, Collierville, and Whitehaven are all still fighting for the 4th seed. WHO KNOWS how this will unfold? All of these teams are capable of beating each other. You DON'T know who's going to be what seed in 8-5A ... until the last game of the season is finished. You can sit there and guess ... but Wooddale could go undefeated ... or White Station ... or nobody ... They all could split ... White Station beat Germantown but lose to Wooddale. Wooddale beats White Station and losses to Germantown. MAN! ... I'm loving this!

Ridgeway though, is the furthest thing from their minds right now. Right now ... in 8-5A ... you concentrate on your next opponent ... dreaming about who you may face in 7-5A in the playoffs will have to wait until you cross that bridge. Yes ... they took notice ... but that thought isn't even given credence yet ... in 8-5A at this time of the season... you focus on your next 8-5A opponent like it's the last game of the season. Anything else is foolishness.

I know this is going to sound crazy ... but ... Crawfords injury is a blessing in disguise, in an ironic way. Ridgeway's OL, QB, and WRs were FORCED to have to step up. With only 44 yards of rushing, they had to pruduce. There was no Aaron Crawford to rely upon. Coach Cooley HAD to call pass plays ... and they responded beautifully! They can pass ... and the QB AND the WRs have confidence now ... in the BIGGEST 7-5A game of the year no doubt! Yep, it's a blessing in disguise.

I said the same exact thing to the QB's mom at halftime. The confidence the team gained in the QB and the confidence he gained in himself should help down the road.

I think it was a great confidence builder for the whole team to be able to come from behind like that.As a fan I do not like those close games,but I think the team can put this in the memory bank and pull it out when needed.I know everyone is talking about the last drive,but the one thing I thought was huge was the kick-off return that started the last drive.

Ridgeway CAN pass when they need to, but when we have AC in the backfield...why do it? Everyone was doubting Ridgeway's passing attack because it hasn't shown up in the first games, but it is there when needed. Look for the Roadrunners to expand this facet of their offense in their final three games against weaker opponents (Craigmont, Cordova, and Overton).

Right now ... the furthest thing from the mind of the coaching staffs of Germantown, Wooddale, Houston, White Station, Collierville, and Whitehaven collectively ... is the development and maturing of the Ridgeway passing game. I know it was said 'tongue in cheek' ... but there is a whole different mentality in 8-5A.

Your right it was "tongue in cheek", they have to get to the dance before they can worry about who they are going to dance with.

I haven't seen any of the the teams play that are in 8-A but from the way it looks you have 3 teams that could be the 1,2 or 3 seeds and 3 teams for the 4th slot.

Same as last year isn't it???

Ridgeway CAN pass when they need to, but when we have AC in the backfield...why do it? Everyone was doubting Ridgeway's passing attack because it hasn't shown up in the first games, but it is there when needed. Look for the Roadrunners to expand this facet of their offense in their final three games against weaker opponents (Craigmont, Cordova, and Overton).

Now they can, up until the last 2 weeks this young man couldn't hit water if he was standing in a boat in the middle of a lake. Not his fault, he was a good player put in the qb position. Like you said earlier, it takes time for someone to get use to being in the pocket with all those people around and most of them want to knock YOU on your butt.

The bye week came at the right time for him. The staff did a good job of teaching and he did a good job of learning.

I feel alot better about our chances of getting out of Memphis after the last 2 weeks then I did in the weeks before the bye week.

Edited by PAPAWOFBOO

Check your stats on Simpson. Travis Simpson broke the 100 yard mark against Ridgeway. He is a bigtime prospect for 08

a game!

It was definitely a defensive struggle. Ridgeway kicked a field goal at the end of the first half to go up 3-0. Neither team was able to get much going offensively the entire game.

Millington's Travis Simpson broke a 49 yard run with 5:11 to go in the game to take the lead 7-3. Things weren't looking good but the Roadrunners weren't ready to pack it up just yet... a good return and a Millington penalty gave Ridgeway the ball at the Millington 45. 1st down - incomplete pass, 2nd down- run for 1, 3rd down - 20 yard pass; 1st down - 12 yard pass, 1st down - run for 2 yards, 2nd down - fumbled snap, 3rd down - 10 yard pass for a touchdown!!!!! 1:41 left in the game...

Millington picks up 2 first downs, gets to the Ridgeway 46. Procedure penalty on 1st down moves the ball back to the Millington 49. QB rolls out, Ridgeway's Lagrone Shields hits him and causes a fumble which is recovered by Ridgeway's Cortez Mosby... Ball Game!!!

We definitely missed Crawford...at one point we were down to our 4th string tailback... only 49 rushing yards on 39 carries. Maybe Ridgeway's QB gained some confidence tonight as he and the receivers came up big several times. Raileanu was 7-14-100yards...42 big ones coming on the final drive. He matured tonight and hopefully will continue to play well down the stretch. We have to be able to run and throw.

Millington's Travis Simpson led the Trojans with 13 carries for 78 yards ( 49 on the TD run). With the exception of that one play, the Roadrunner defense was solid as ever.

Millington players should hold their heads high...they played a great game giving the Roadrunners all they wanted.

GO BIG BLUE!!!