Ridgeway @ Millington

rhsplaya55

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, i don't think putting 9 in the box is going to help Millington, actually if they put all 22 starters on the field at once i think Ridgeway and their unbelievably great offensive line could still rush for over 75,000 yards and score 2300 points. heck even the Baltimore Ravens couldn't stop the Ridgeway rushing attack...right rhsplaya55?

yea, i don't think putting 9 in the box is going to help Millington, actually if they put all 22 starters on the field at once i think Ridgeway and their unbelievably great offensive line could still rush for over 75,000 yards and score 2300 points. heck even the Baltimore Ravens couldn't stop the Ridgeway rushing attack...right rhsplaya55?

Never said line was unbelievably great, never said they couldn't be stopped, and the Ravens would probably shut us down pretty good, but i dont see any other team in Memphis racking up many more yards on the ground than RHS...they must be doing somehting right...

There is a team about 50 miles south of Memphis (South Panola) that runs the ball as much as Ridgeway and they have won what?50 games stright.My point being if its working why would you not do it.

i was jus referring to the guys post about having the most rushing yards in the Memphis area. I mean, ur right if it works do it. But if you run the ball everyplay i hope ur team is at the top of the stat chart in rushing. That is what i meant

Speaking of Playoff seeds for 5A. I'm thinking about 7-5A and how they compare with 8-5A. I think Millington beats Ridgeway tonight w/Crawford not being able to play. I think Cooley is seeing the bigger picture and he needs a healthy Crawford for the playoffs. Ridgeway will have Craigmont, Cordova, and Overton left on their schedule. They bite the bullet and sit Crawford ... maybe for 2 games if necessary. I think they beat Craigmont without him if he is still gimpy. Go into the playoffs as the #2 seed.

It definitely will be a much tougher road without Crawford tonight. More than anything will be the mindset of the rest of the team...they are going to have to believe they can win without him. He is definitely a BIG part of our offense but we do have some other good backs. If I recall correctly, Oliver scored a few touchdowns himself against Millington last year. Hopefully, they will step up and come up big.

I think Crawford being out will make this much more of a defensive struggle. Currently, in the Shelby-Metro area Ridgeway is ranked 6th in rush defense and Millington ranked 15th. Neither team is ranked in the top 15 in pass defense. In total defense, Ridgeway ranks 11th and Millington drops out of the top 15.

Win or lose, it should be a good game...let's hope it is injury free as well.

What a game!

It was definitely a defensive struggle. Ridgeway kicked a field goal at the end of the first half to go up 3-0. Neither team was able to get much going offensively the entire game.

Millington's Travis Simpson broke a 49 yard run with 5:11 to go in the game to take the lead 7-3. Things weren't looking good but the Roadrunners weren't ready to pack it up just yet... a good return and a Millington penalty gave Ridgeway the ball at the Millington 45. 1st down - incomplete pass, 2nd down- run for 1, 3rd down - 20 yard pass; 1st down - 12 yard pass, 1st down - run for 2 yards, 2nd down - fumbled snap, 3rd down - 10 yard pass for a touchdown!!!!! 1:41 left in the game...

Millington picks up 2 first downs, gets to the Ridgeway 46. Procedure penalty on 1st down moves the ball back to the Millington 49. QB rolls out, Ridgeway's Lagrone Shields hits him and causes a fumble which is recovered by Ridgeway's Cortez Mosby... Ball Game!!!

We definitely missed Crawford...at one point we were down to our 4th string tailback... only 49 rushing yards on 39 carries. Maybe Ridgeway's QB gained some confidence tonight as he and the receivers came up big several times. Raileanu was 7-14-100yards...42 big ones coming on the final drive. He matured tonight and hopefully will continue to play well down the stretch. We have to be able to run and throw.

Millington's Travis Simpson led the Trojans with 13 carries for 78 yards ( 49 on the TD run). With the exception of that one play, the Roadrunner defense was solid as ever.

Millington players should hold their heads high...they played a great game giving the Roadrunners all they wanted.

GO BIG BLUE!!!

Edited by crc