hampton AT COSBY who wins

Bulldogs#1

Well this will be my only post about this game and then I will sit back and just watch. First of all Im glad that no one is giving the Eagles a chance, just gives us a little more motivation. As far as one team being better than the other I think that both teams have areas that are stronger than the other even though Hampton people seem to think that they are better at every position and they may be (i dont think they are) but whatever. There is no boubt that they have the size advantage they are very big up front and have decent speed in the secondary, as far as offense goes everybody knows what they are about, but they are a little better in the passing game than they were last year, and they have a couple of nice athletes to throw the ball to, but fortunately for Cosby they have a couple of CBs that do a pretty nice job in pass coverage and as long as those two dont bite on PA I think they can stop them from throwing the ball as effectively as they have on Jellico, GCA, Unaka, and West Greene, I dont know how they threw it against any one else but I think our secondary is better than those teams I mentioned, and we get a pretty decent pass rush as well, the key for the Eagles, STOP THE RUN! I still think thats the key to beating Hampton even if they can throw the ball more effectively this year. Can the Eagles do it? Who knows but I do think that it will be closer than the EXPERTS think. :thumb:

WELL LETS SEE HERE YOU SAY WE(HAMPTON)HAVE DECENT SPEED IN THE SECONDARY LYONS,MILHORNE,TOWNSOND...THATS QUITE A BIT BETTER THAN DECENT LUNCEFORD, IS ONLY A STEP SLOWER THAN THEM 3 JAYNES IS IN THE SAME CATAGORY AS THE FIRST 3 I MENTIONED JUST LEFT HIM OUT SORRY D JAYNES...AND HOW MANY INT'S DOES YOUR SECONDARY HAVE ..OH YEAH 80% OF OURS WERE RETURNED FOR TD'S ...BUT IF YOU WANT TO THINK DECENT YOU HAVE YOUR OWN OPINION BUT IT WILL CHANGE AFTER FRIDAY .... ...........DONT PLAY TO WIN PLAY TO DOMINATE GO DOGS...

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a great game. I will be in Roan Mt. supporting my highlanders but part of me would like to see this. Cosby will win in a defensive struggle 22-20. The secondary of Cosby is second to none. The Lowe's brothers will get a couple of picks and take one of them to the house. Hampton will have to rely more on the run as they always do and they will have to deal with the big middle linebacker. I don't think they will be able to block him being the first true linebacker Hampton has seen this season. Only my opinion, but Cosby can't be stopped this season. Coach Shelton and his staff should be ranked higher.

You are soo right pujo Cosby does have alot of HEART and DETERMINATION!!!! They work hard all week to see the awesome results on Friday Nights! As for the coaching staff... Keep it up former players! You all are taking the MIGHTY EAGLES places and it is much appreicated!

They definately play hard, I hope Hampton can match Cosbys determination Friday night. Ummmm I think they can.GETURDUNNNNNNNN.

Don't think there are many experts on here, the ones who I would pay attention to are the people who have played both teams. The only three teams to have played both are Jellico, WG and Unaka. All three seem to think Hampton is the better team. If Hampton has the HEART and DETERMINATION OF Cosby. This one could get out of hand. I'm not saying this to be mean,just my honest opinion,

Whichever team wins, it's the long-term that matters. Hampton will continue to be good. Coach Shelton isn't going anywhere. Coach Ensor isn't going anywhere. Both will stick to their principles. The Highlanders will prove over the next few weeks that they're still a pretty good team. It looks like we'll see better football in Region One A for some time.

As for this week's game, Adam Townsend is the Premier Athlete in our Region, and in fact, Statewide. Unaka has a few; Cosby has a few; Cloudland has a few.

But, even without Townsend, Hampton still has the most-talented team. For now. I just hope Friday's game is close.

Cosby is pretty good, no matter the schedule. And though Unaka might be undefeated with the same schedule, and likewise, Cosby might have two losses after Friday night, had they played Temple, none of that matters now. The bottom line is, this is The Game in Region One A. It's the goal Cosby dreamed of and worked hard for. It's the game Hampton expected. Congratulations, Cosby, and Good Health to both teams.

Well this will be my only post about this game and then I will sit back and just watch. First of all Im glad that no one is giving the Eagles a chance, just gives us a little more motivation. As far as one team being better than the other I think that both teams have areas that are stronger than the other even though Hampton people seem to think that they are better at every position and they may be (i dont think they are) but whatever. There is no boubt that they have the size advantage they are very big up front and have decent speed in the secondary, as far as offense goes everybody knows what they are about, but they are a little better in the passing game than they were last year, and they have a couple of nice athletes to throw the ball to, but fortunately for Cosby they have a couple of CBs that do a pretty nice job in pass coverage and as long as those two dont bite on PA I think they can stop them from throwing the ball as effectively as they have on Jellico, GCA, Unaka, and West Greene, I dont know how they threw it against any one else but I think our secondary is better than those teams I mentioned, and we get a pretty decent pass rush as well, the key for the Eagles, STOP THE RUN! I still think thats the key to beating Hampton even if they can throw the ball more effectively this year. Can the Eagles do it? Who knows but I do think that it will be closer than the EXPERTS think. :thumb:

Surely this isn't going to be your only post. "One of the top defensive minds in East Tenn" surely has some words about stopping Hampton. I'm sure you won't use a 2 deep or 3 deep zone because anyone can beat them.