hampton AT COSBY who wins

Bulldogs#1

Hey Unaka,

You were right about Cosby. They do play dirty and their fans have absolutley no class. When A.T. was being taken to the ambulance, he was right in front of the fans. The Cosby fans just sat there and didn't clap or show him any respect. As always, the Hampton fans were great and stood and cheered for A.T. as he left.

I really believe the Cosby coaches meant to win this game at all costs. They wanted A.T. out of the game But they still LOST. The Dogs beat the Eagles and their refs!!

I hope the Dogs play the Eagles again real soon, so the Eagles can lose again!!

Go Dogs!!!!!

Well I wasn't trying to insinuate foul play by Cosby. I wasn't there, so I didn't see it. So I was just asking.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The Target - Adam Townsend was a target in this game. I respect everything that "Mamma Says, HamptonBigDogs, and that Adam himself says." But I don't know if everyone saw the poster on the door of the Cosby locker room. They had a picture of Adam there that said "Take Him Out, Cosby wins the Game." I heard someone above talk about sportsmanship. I didn't see anything that resembled it all night Friday night. When I came to the field on Friday, I had a little bit of respect for the coaches of Cosby. I left there with little or no respect at all. This kind of motivation should not be condoned at all. :lol:

2. The Payoff - Can someone say home cookin'. I have not seen any boxscores yet for the game but Hampton had to have at least ten more penalties than Cosby. It was pretty even I think until the 4th quarter when there were at least seven penalties called on the Dogs. The officials were ready to do anything in the last two and a half minutes of the game to give Cosby a chance to win. They were clearly influenced by something. There were two penalties for facemasking that were questionable. I also didn't know that you could lay on a pile of players near the goal line, then get up and run for a touchdown ten seconds after the play should have been whistled. In the end though with fifteen seconds to go in the game, the officials were so caught up in Cosby's comeback that they couldn't even spot the ball right. The clock ran down to 2.4 seconds as the officials respotted the ball and time ran out before Cosby could get a play off. Beatin by your own Refs. :D

3. The Scuffle - At the end of the game there were a few Cosby ex-players who made there way down to the fence where some of the Hampton fans were celebrating. The Ex-Eagles tried to start a fight. I don't mind when fans get rowdy for there team, but goin' and pickin' a fight is just plain bad sportmanship. This is a case of when few bad apples ruin the whole bushel. I get loud and rowdy too, but I don't start fights. This just adds fuel to the fire for us Hampton fans though. GO DOGS!!! :blink:

4. The Outcome - The Dogs still won 28-21. I do think that Cosby has improved a lot from a football stand point. The Dogs from Hampton showed tremendous heart and determination beating the Eagles and Zebras in the forth quarter. The better team won this one. Thanks to all the Hampton faithful for being loud and cheering the Dogs on to victory. At the end of the game all we had to say was SCOREBOARD!!!!! :D

In the end I want to wish Adam a healthy and speedy recovery. I hope to see you on the field again in the playoffs or at the next level. Were all behind you OJ.

THIS IS HHSBULLDOGTYPE2001 and I have approved this message. B)

I would really hate to be J.C. and Mike lunsford if I had to listen to crap like this from my fans all the time.

1 . Give your own team some credit for beating a good team instead of trying to run your opponents down and blame everything on what DEFINITELY WAS crappy officiating for BOTH teams there were blown calls all over the field friday night but it most certainly was not one sided.

2. Ever heard of motivation ? Who is yalls biggest threat ? #25 Why would you think it wrong to key and focus on him all week in practice and put up pictures everywhere to remind the kids who they have to stop. No one wanted to purposely injur him , Ring his bell good "sure" Let him know we came to play "definitely " , but TRY to injure him WAS NOT the game plan, Heck coach Shelton was the first person on the field when he went down!

3. As far as ex players go I won't even try to defend them , the ones who are at every game I will gaurantee was not involved It's ones who come to one game a year so everyone can see them that was probably startin foolish crap and for that I apologize and hate that anyone had to see it.

4. I still have and always will have a great amount of respect for J.C. and Coach Lunsford , And little mike from what little I have talked to him after football and B-Ball games is as good a young man and athlete I have ever met , and I wish all of them the best , but the rest of you morons who ABSOLUTELY CAN'T STAND that pidllya$$ little ole Cosby that has ALWAYS mopped the floor with everyone in East TN. in B-Ball is now stealin yalls football revenge GET OVER IT , you won congrats you were better friday someone had to lose it was us,and we will bounce back ,but you will always and forever be stupid!

1. The Target - Adam Townsend was a target in this game. I respect everything that "Mamma Says, HamptonBigDogs, and that Adam himself says." But I don't know if everyone saw the poster on the door of the Cosby locker room. They had a picture of Adam there that said "Take Him Out, Cosby wins the Game." I heard someone above talk about sportsmanship. I didn't see anything that resembled it all night Friday night. When I came to the field on Friday, I had a little bit of respect for the coaches of Cosby. I left there with little or no respect at all. This kind of motivation should not be condoned at all. :lol:

2. The Payoff - Can someone say home cookin'. I have not seen any boxscores yet for the game but Hampton had to have at least ten more penalties than Cosby. It was pretty even I think until the 4th quarter when there were at least seven penalties called on the Dogs. The officials were ready to do anything in the last two and a half minutes of the game to give Cosby a chance to win. They were clearly influenced by something. There were two penalties for facemasking that were questionable. I also didn't know that you could lay on a pile of players near the goal line, then get up and run for a touchdown ten seconds after the play should have been whistled. In the end though with fifteen seconds to go in the game, the officials were so caught up in Cosby's comeback that they couldn't even spot the ball right. The clock ran down to 2.4 seconds as the officials respotted the ball and time ran out before Cosby could get a play off. Beatin by your own Refs. :D

3. The Scuffle - At the end of the game there were a few Cosby ex-players who made there way down to the fence where some of the Hampton fans were celebrating. The Ex-Eagles tried to start a fight. I don't mind when fans get rowdy for there team, but goin' and pickin' a fight is just plain bad sportmanship. This is a case of when few bad apples ruin the whole bushel. I get loud and rowdy too, but I don't start fights. This just adds fuel to the fire for us Hampton fans though. GO DOGS!!! :blink:

4. The Outcome - The Dogs still won 28-21. I do think that Cosby has improved a lot from a football stand point. The Dogs from Hampton showed tremendous heart and determination beating the Eagles and Zebras in the forth quarter. The better team won this one. Thanks to all the Hampton faithful for being loud and cheering the Dogs on to victory. At the end of the game all we had to say was SCOREBOARD!!!!! :D

In the end I want to wish Adam a healthy and speedy recovery. I hope to see you on the field again in the playoffs or at the next level. Were all behind you OJ.

THIS IS HHSBULLDOGTYPE2001 and I have approved this message. B)

A. The picture didn't say anything. It was just a picture of him. The only picture that had writing on it was one of the Lyon's kid that read, "BIG PLAY MAN!", How is that disrespectful? I know this for a FACT. It was there because shutting him down (not hurting him) was a key to winning the game. Have you ever heard of motivational tactics?

B. The refs could have called holding on your #49 every play. I was there. I've seen the film. Cosby's #13 was held on every play. Watch the film and then try to deny that. Jody was tackled by his facemask 4 times, it was called twice. Watch the film and then try to deny that. If the refs were on our side why did they make the biggest mistake of the night with seconds left on the clock when Cosby was on your 25, and down by 7?

C. Well I didn't see that nor was I a part of it. I was in the middle of the field with my daughter, crying as I saw the disappointment and hurt on my boys faces. (Players and coaches) Their hearts were torn apart. If you want to talk about classless, to get on here and accuse Shelton and his staff and team of maliciously plotting to hurt Townsend, well that is classless. Please do me a favor, ask JC if he thinks Shelton would ever teach or condone that. Also classless is getting on here and running down one of our kids. If you are 15, 16, 17 years old that's one thing, but if you are an adult and talkin about a kid that way, well you need a kick in your hind parts.

D. You know what you are right though. I will never argue that the team that wins should not have. Hampton worked hard for the win. But if you can still try to argue that Cosby should have been blown out, then nothing factual or logical will convince you otherwise.

And again we hope to see Adam on the field A.S.A.P.. The kid's somethin special. You are 100% correct. He was a target. A target of motivational, inspirational, defensive, and just all out coaching strategy. But you are dead wrong if you think any member of Cosby's staff or team wanted him hurt. We wanted him shut down statistically, not out of the game! Let me stress again, if you think that picture had anything written on it you are imagining things!

Our region is the weakest in the state.

I have to disagree with you there. Region 1 is about even with Region 2. Region 3 and 4 have some REALLY good teams, but then they have some of the worst teams in the state thrown in there. All in all I would have to give region 5 a slight edge over region 4 as best ALL AROUND region. They have Jo Byrnes, Cascade, Eagleville, McEwen and Forrest... But when you get in the west, it starts to drop off. Region 6 has a good, but one man, Mt. Pleasent team, and Collinwood ain't that bad either. But after that, most of the teams in that region couldn't play there way out of a wet paper bag. In Region 7, McKenzie is good. Union City and Lake County are decent, but the rest of the team aren't very good at all. And Region 8, Fayette Academy looks to be one of the best teams in the west. Also in that region are Jackson Christain and Trinity Christian, and they're pretty good. But look, they're all private schools. The rest of the teams in that region probably couldn't beat West Greene... So I'm not saying we are in a "world beater" region, but we're not in weakest either... And we're improving every year. :blink:

Edited by Rangerbook06

I have to disagree with you there. Region 1 is about even with Region 2. Region 3 and 4 have some REALLY good teams, but then they have some of the worst teams in the state thrown in there. All in all I would have to give region 5 a slight edge over region 4 as best ALL AROUND region. They have Jo Byrnes, Cascade, Eagleville, McEwen and Forrest... But when you get in the west, it starts to drop off. Region 6 has a good, but one man, Mt. Pleasent team, and Collinwood ain't that bad either. But after that, most of the teams in that region couldn't play there way out of a wet paper bag. In Region 7, McKenzie is good. Union City and Lake County are decent, but the rest of the team aren't very good at all. And Region 8, Fayette Academy looks to be one of the best teams in the west. Also in that region are Jackson Christain and Trinity Christian, and they're pretty good. But look, they're all private schools. The rest of the teams in that region probably couldn't beat West Greene... So I'm not saying we are in a "world beater" region, but we're not in weakest either... And we're improving every year. :blink:

That's actually a somewhat intelligent post there book.

1. The DOGS did beat the Eagles. I give the Hampton players all the credit in the world. Michael Lunsford, Dustin Milhorn, E.J. Newbern, D.J. Oliver, Jonathan Lyons, the Whole Hampton Line and Dustin Jaynes for stepping up big for the Dogs. The Defense played great for Hampton as well. Hampton showed a heroic amount of heart and determination in the 4th quarter to win this game. The best team won.

2. I didn't single out any of Cosby's individual players. As a matter of fact I haven't said anything about the Cosby players. Like I said before I think Cosby has improved a lot from a football standpoint.

3. I didn't see the sign, I was told about it by other Hampton fans. Putting signs up everywhere for motivation is fine, but targeting players is not. There is a big difference in putting up "Beat Your Opponent Signs" and putting up Pictures of Opposing Players. "Target Maybe, Maybe Not."

4. The Officials were the worse that I have ever seen. There were some bad calls both ways, but Hampton got the bad end of most of the calls. Just look at the box scores.

To the Bulldog Nation. Let's get behind these boys big time now. Let's show the state what real fans can do for a team. I'll be there this Friday. I'll be wearing all blue baby. Let's make it a season to remember. The Hampton Faithful are behind this team 100 percent. GO DOGS!!!!!!!

1. The DOGS did beat the Eagles. I give the Hampton players all the credit in the world. Michael Lunsford, Dustin Milhorn, E.J. Newbern, D.J. Oliver, Jonathan Lyons, the Whole Hampton Line and Dustin Jaynes for stepping up big for the Dogs. The Defense played great for Hampton as well. Hampton showed a heroic amount of heart and determination in the 4th quarter to win this game. The best team won.

2. I didn't single out any of Cosby's individual players. As a matter of fact I haven't said anything about the Cosby players. Like I said before I think Cosby has improved a lot from a football standpoint.

3. I didn't see the sign, I was told about it by other Hampton fans. Putting signs up everywhere for motivation is fine, but targeting players is not. There is a big difference in putting up "Beat Your Opponent Signs" and putting up Pictures of Opposing Players. "Target Maybe, Maybe Not."

4. The Officials were the worse that I have ever seen. There were some bad calls both ways, but Hampton got the bad end of most of the calls. Just look at the box scores.

To the Bulldog Nation. Let's get behind these boys big time now. Let's show the state what real fans can do for a team. I'll be there this Friday. I'll be wearing all blue baby. Let's make it a season to remember. The Hampton Faithful are behind this team 100 percent. GO DOGS!!!!!!!

srry cant help posting on this one

1. noone contested that you won only the best team didnt win.

3. IF YOU DIDNT SEE IT THEN DONT RUN YOUR MOUTH. you have got to be the worlds biggest idiot to post hearsay. srry for the name calling but your a joke.

4. the reason you got more penalties is because you earned them. heck you got a deal, half off.

Go ahead Cosby people and try to defend yourselves. It's no use. We were all there and saw what happened.

On thing is for sure. I hope Cosby enjoyed last night's game, because it's as close as they will ever come to beating the great HAMPTON BULLDOGS!!!!

GO DOGS!!!!

HAMPTON 28

Cosby 21

It should have been a lot worse, but the refs kept the eagles in the game.

HAMPTON 28

Cosby 21

HAMPTON 28

Cosby 21

:blink:

HAMPTON 28

Cosby 21

HAMPTON 28

Cosby 21

:lol:

HAMPTON 28

Cosby 21

HAMPTON 28

Cosby 21

:D

HAMPTON 28

Cosby 21

srry cant help posting on this one

1. noone contested that you won only the best team didnt win.

3. IF YOU DIDNT SEE IT THEN DONT RUN YOUR MOUTH. you have got to be the worlds biggest idiot to post hearsay. srry for the name calling but your a joke.

4. the reason you got more penalties is because you earned them. heck you got a deal, half off.

Yes, Hampton won.

Today, the joke is on you, Cosby!!!!!!

HAMPTON 28

Cosby 21

:blink:

Go ahead Cosby people and try to defend yourselves. It's no use. We were all there and saw what happened.

On thing is for sure. I hope Cosby enjoyed last night's game, because it's as close as they will ever come to beating the great HAMPTON BULLDOGS!!!!

GO DOGS!!!!

HAMPTON 28

Cosby 21

It should have been a lot worse, but the refs kept the eagles in the game.

HAMPTON 28

Cosby 21

HAMPTON 28

Cosby 21

HAMPTON 28

Cosby 21

HAMPTON 28

Cosby 21

HAMPTON 28

Cosby 21

HAMPTON 28

Cosby 21

HAMPTON 28

Cosby 21

At a boy! That's the way to act like ya been there! Congratulations Dogs! Lunsford carried you guys last night. Props to him! Your back up tail back is a stand up guy also, and not to take anything away from him, but I believe JC himself could've rushed for 150 yds if the refs continued to let #49 hold all night! :thumb: There is no point in arguing with you guys! Good luck with the rest of your season!

Edited by eagle3314