Antioch Bears

mr.giggliefly33

I will say that Antioch is going to be the team to beat in region 6aaa, but so much hype may not be so good if preseason expectations are not reached. This is a team of ????, why, because they only lost 3 contributors, but they were big contributors. But there is word of a new transfer, as well as older more disciplined players that are hungry. A starting lineup that features two, maybe three, players at 6'4" or better and excellent guard play will allow for a trip to the 'Boro this year and next.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think crowder did a good job last year with what he had. those guys where young. saying that i still think it will be a battle in the district and the region this year. but if they feed macadoo alot they will be alright. i think there guards are the key somebody will have to step up and score. i think he will end up starting 1 sophmore and 4 juniors

I will say that Antioch is going to be the team to beat in region 6aaa, but so much hype may not be so good if preseason expectations are not reached. This is a team of ????, why, because they only lost 3 contributors, but they were big contributors. But there is word of a new transfer, as well as older more disciplined players that are hungry. A starting lineup that features two, maybe three, players at 6'4" or better and excellent guard play will allow for a trip to the 'Boro this year and next.

rumor is they were not impressive at mississippi state......nashville talk says jackson lanier beat them 30.

why do people immediately assume that just because a coach has talented players that makes him a bad coach? just because his players were good does not by any means make him a bad coach. he still has to make all the normal decisions that any coach makes and he still has to get them to practice and get them working well together. its so annoying when people immediately say a coach stinks because his players are good. its just ignorant

i played against coach crowder when he was at rhea co. and the year he went to state, the point guard and the assistant coach held the team together, not crowder...he does not treat his players with respect but as if they were inferior beings

• 1 month later...

Are you kidding me? He had one good year at Rhea Co. and with the athletes he had, he did not even have to go to the games or practices and they would still make it to state.

Hey buddy crowders done a heck of a job at antioch whose program was in shambles the year before, and done the same at rhea county. your just mad becuase he eliminated cleveland from the region tournament 2 of 4 years he was there, on the way to the sub-state twice and to the state once which was the only time rhea county has ever been. And, if that assistant coach you are talking about that "supposively" held the team together is McCowan, he only won 6 games last year at rhea county with the same team minus one starter and two other seniors. Oh, by the way he does have two state championship rings. How many does Aaron Green Have as a coach? Better yet, does anybody coaching in the excuse for a conference have a state championship? I think not. Wait and see how far antioch goes this year, and how far cleveland goes this year. I bet you sons of guns dont even beat Rhea county.

Are you kidding me? He had one good year at Rhea Co. and with the athletes he had, he did not even have to go to the games or practices and they would still make it to state.

Hey buddy crowders done a heck of a job at antioch whose program was in shambles the year before, and done the same at rhea county. your just mad becuase he eliminated cleveland from the region tournament 2 of 4 years he was there, on the way to the sub-state twice and to the state once which was the only time rhea county has ever been. And, if that assistant coach you are talking about that "supposively" held the team together is McCowan, he only won 6 games last year at rhea county with the same team minus one starter and two other seniors. Oh, by the way he does have two state championship rings. How many does Aaron Green Have as a coach? Better yet, does anybody coaching in the excuse for a conference have a state championship? I think not. Wait and see how far antioch goes this year, and how far cleveland goes this year. I bet you sons of guns dont even beat Rhea county.

On paper this is a very good team. They are the best team in Metro on paper. And a top 5 team in the state. However, it will all boil down to how they actually play together. The guards must cut down on turnovers. One of the guards upton, williams, or even davis will have to emerge as a true point guard(steve nash style) and keep all of the scorers happy. this is a tough job. its a good problem but antioch probably has to much talent. you have williamson, mcadoo, and wells all down low and all want the ball. then all of the guards like to shoot and dribble. it is a tough coaching job keeping this group happy(and the parents too). hopefully he will be able to find a balance and get the most out of them. i felt this group as freshman was the best collection of talent i ever saw as freshman. now that they are juniors its time to grow up fast and play to their potential.

Actually, Rhea County went to the state tournament in 1986, at least, so it wasn't the only time. Dawg, you should remember that. You had only been out a year.

On paper this is a very good team. They are the best team in Metro on paper. And a top 5 team in the state. However, it will all boil down to how they actually play together. The guards must cut down on turnovers. One of the guards upton, williams, or even davis will have to emerge as a true point guard(steve nash style) and keep all of the scorers happy. this is a tough job. its a good problem but antioch probably has to much talent. you have williamson, mcadoo, and wells all down low and all want the ball. then all of the guards like to shoot and dribble. it is a tough coaching job keeping this group happy(and the parents too). hopefully he will be able to find a balance and get the most out of them. i felt this group as freshman was the best collection of talent i ever saw as freshman. now that they are juniors its time to grow up fast and play to their potential.

Excellent post cobra, However, I feel that Whites Creek may have the Advantage on paper. Outside of G Robinson, Harper and Jamie G are the two best players in the city.

I actually do think whites creek will be better than antioch this year and will be the best team in nashville again. Antioch just has no outside threat what so ever and mcadoo is somewhat overrated. he is a good player but very inconsistent. so they do look good on paper but they're not actually as good as they look. they probably had more talent last year than they do this year, but i'd say they will play together much better and will go alot farther. but still the creek is the best!!!

also watch out for maplewood and mcgavock they'll be good too.