DB Indians Host Sevier Co.

ArtVandalay

DB is coming off a well needed 2 week break before the biggest game of the season, against the Smokey Bears of Sevier County.

DB leads the all-time series 16-4. Graham Clark is 10-4 vs Sevier Co. and DB has a 6 games win streak in the series. DB is 9-3 all-time in the series @ J.Fred Johnson Stadium, but Graham Clark is only 4-3 in games played in Kingsport. No Doubt about it, the Smokey Bears are the Indians #1 Region 1 5A Rival.

DB is 6-0, Sevier Co is 6-1, winning 6 straight after a week 0 loss to William Blount. For sure, this is the last really tough game on the Indians Regular Season Schedule. Sevier Co will still have Bearden to play late in the year. Rest assured, the winner of this game will be the #1 Seed from Region 1 5A.

This should be a great game.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few stats to contemplate…..

QB Stats

DB - Bo Burton, 55-89-2, 807 yards, 7 TDs thru 6 games

SC - Corey Watson 48-66, 607 yards 4 TDs thru 7 games

DB – top rushers thru 6 games

Marchez Barnes, 62 carries, 281 yards, 4.5 per carry, 5 TDs (47 yds/game)

Justin Sylvester, 33 carries, 218 yards, 6.6 per carry, 3 TDs

Bo Burton, 38 carries, 138 yards, 3.9, 5 TDs

Trevor McNew, 16 carries, 89 yards, 5.6 per carry, 1 TD

Andrew Pappas, 11 carries, 84 yards, 7.6 per carry, 1 TD

Sevier County – top rushers thru 7 games

Corey Watson 54 carries, 298 yards, 5.5 per carry, 6 TDs (42 yards/game)

Tyler Thomas 40 carries, 425 yards, 10.6 per carry, 8 TDs

Blake Wallace 28 carries, 194 yards, 6.9 per carry, 3 TDs

Shawn Hodge 24 carries, 130 yards, 5.4 per carry

Blake Cupp 18 carries, 128 yards, 7.1 per carry

2006 DB thru 6 games

(According to Tricitiesports.com)

Team Stats...........DB..............................Opponent

Rushing................1054 –275/game............365 – 61/game

Passing.................896 – 149/game..............527 – 88/game

Total Offense.........1950 – 325/game............892 – 150/game

Passes C-A............57-91 - 62%...................103-50 - 48%

Points...................210 – 35/game................37 - 6/game

Sevier County thru 7 games

(According to Knox News)

Team Stats...........Sevier Co.......................Opponent

Rushing...............490 –70/game..................372 – 53/game

Passing................318 –45/game..................128 – 18/game

Total Offense........808 – 115/game...............500 – 71/game

Passes C-A...........50-76 -93%.....................10-27 -37%

Points...................198 – 28/game................72 – 10/game

Sevier has 35% of the DB offense, but so far their defense has allowed 48% of what the DB defense has allowed. Somehow the tribe managed to keep points off the board. I guess its those clutch defensive stands and turnovers that makes the stats look misleading, Of course, TN high put up quite a few yards on DB, and I thought TN High played very well and is a good team (I thought they would beat South).

According to Tricitiesports, the total DB rushing yards are 1054, and adding up the individual rushing stats, the total is 1078, which means there are -24 yards in losses.

According to the Knoxnews.com, the total Sevier rushing yards are 808, and adding up the individual rushing stats, the total is 1302, which means there are -812 yards in losses. Sounds suspicious, or else Sevier suffer a lot of sacks.

Of course, I have not been watching Sevier Co games (to busy cheering on the Tribe), but is appears that the Sevier Stats published by the Knoxville paper are wrong.

The stats that are clear are the points. The offenses look matched, point wise, but the DB defense comes out on top in that category. As usual, I give DB the edge with the intimidating defensive play, and an offense that can take advantage of the resulting field position. The DB kicking game will also give DB an edge.

It will be hard fought, but DB takes this game by at least 17 points.

Edited by direwolf

well I have been fairly close in my perdictions I got DB 31-7 early perdiction but I will stick by them....we already played the leading rusher in the Big East and stopped for little to none so if Sevier Co cant get the ball in the air on DB then it will be over fairly quick no dis-respect to the Bears...but I think this will be another W for the Tribe

Sounds like you know youre stats but:

Only common team played so far

Jeff County -12, Sevier Co – 28

that was last years game. Watch out Sevier Co they will probably try to take Tyler Thomas out in the first quarter like they did McFall in the Jeff Co game.

But I guess that was just figuratively speaking wasn't it?

Sounds like you know youre stats but:

Only common team played so far

Jeff County -12, Sevier Co – 28

that was last years game. Watch out Sevier Co they will probably try to take Tyler Thomas out in the first quarter like they did McFall in the Jeff Co game.

But I guess that was just figuratively speaking wasn't it?

Thanks for the catch...I removed that remark from the post.