DB Indians Host Sevier Co.

ArtVandalay

D-B has the best defense in the state of Tennessee. That's a fact. And from what I have gathered Sevier County doesn't have the kind of run or pass O to put up the kind of points to compete with D-B's high powered offense. D-B's D-line is the most underestimated in the state.

Your right about the O-Line being overlooked. I am to blame for doing just that, and giving all of the D credit to the LB's. The ENTIRE Defense has played great.

The Sevier Co game last year was a really nail-bitter. Pouring rain, cold and great Defense on both sides of the Ball. It was the Legendary performance by Sam McCord that pulled DB thru with the win. This years game may be just as good, but I do hope for good weather.

Good To great

Roll tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright guys lets not let this become another 34 page thread of other people coming on the thread and talking trash about db... this thread is about DB and the smoky bears... lets try to keep it to that

Agree 100%!

The only problem is that there are just not that many SCHS fans that frequent CoachT outside of myself and occasionaly 5743, who I don't even believe is a SCHS fan but is very knowledgeable of the program none-the-less (maybe he will show up later and stir the pot some :D ).

My biggest gripe with DB stems from the fact that they have a college size home section complete with concrete stands while the vistors get aluminum bleachers that seat about 100. What gives? Take a que from SCHS and get some nice BIG concrete bleachers to accomodate some fanny's comfortably who are more than a little weary after a long two hour drive. Hey, were fans not sardines! I feel like I am traveling to Karns or JC whenever I see that tiny visitors section. :D

How is the DB injury situation going into the game? I read a couple of weeks ago that one of your LB's suffered a concussion and was held out of the THS game. Also your starting center suffered some sort of leg injury I believe? Anyone else of note?

As I pointed out previously our main injury is to Shawn Hodge who splits time with Thomas at TB. He is just now working his way into the line up some after his high ankle sprain but he can't really "shake & bake" like before. I also forgot to mention that Corey Watson got his bell rung in the second quarter making a tackle and the coaching staff held him out the second half as a precautionary measure. He appeared alert and even rentered the game once to field a punt though so I am assuming he is alright.

As a side note, I sat a couple of rows in front of Coach Clark and his staff at the Campbell County game Friday night. He was rather easy to pick out of the crowd since he was drooling uncontrollably and had to be fitted for a bib after witnessing our yawn inspiring effort.

Agree 100%!

My biggest gripe with DB stems from the fact that they have a college size home section complete with concrete stands while the vistors get aluminum bleachers that seat about 100. What gives? Take a que from SCHS and get some nice BIG concrete bleachers to accomodate some fanny's comfortably who are more than a little weary after a long two hour drive. Hey, were fans not sardines! I feel like I am traveling to Karns or JC whenever I see that tiny visitors section.

As you forget, the Football field is also a baseball field, im sure Lee the Great (our groundskeep) could build nice concrete bleachers and dissolve them come december for the upcoming baseball season, any idea on what to do would probably be appreciated. Edited by 1_and_1 make_2

My biggest gripe with DB stems from the fact that they have a college size home section complete with concrete stands while the vistors get aluminum bleachers that seat about 100. What gives? Take a que from SCHS and get some nice BIG concrete bleachers to accomodate some fanny's comfortably who are more than a little weary after a long two hour drive. Hey, were fans not sardines! I feel like I am traveling to Karns or JC whenever I see that tiny visitors section. :D

Sorry SCBear but unfortunately Dolly hasn't built us that nice fancy football only stadium we desire and there aint much tourism money to be had in Kingsport as there is in smokey bear land...we have to do with what we have.

The visitors holds more than 100 by the way...but you guys are more than welcome on the home side if you can squeeze in :D

As you forget, the Football field is also a baseball field, im sure Lee the Great (our groundskeep) could build nice concrete bleachers and dissolve them come december for the upcoming baseball season, any idea on what to do would probably be appreciated.

You're right. I had forgotten that the football and baseball stadium share the same field. Now that I think about it though it does seem rather odd that a first class school like DB doesn't have seperate, dedicated fields for both baseball and football.

O.K. forget the concrete bleachers then and instead just let me back my truck up to the field with my Lay-Z-Boy in tow. :D

You're right. I had forgotten that the football and baseball stadium share the same field. Now that I think about it though it does seem rather odd that a first class school like DB doesn't have seperate, dedicated fields for both baseball and football.

O.K. forget the concrete bleachers then and instead just let me back my truck up to the field with my Lay-Z-Boy in tow. :thumb:

There isn't really enough space.

It's actually just because WE ARE DB and we really do not care who you are, you are not good enough to come to our house and get comfortable! We want all your fans to be just as uncomfortable at J. Fred as the opposing players are! :thumb:

I just wanna know why Ooltewah is much better than last year and has nobody playing both ways now, better QB and WR's and better defense and RB's but nobody notices that they went to J.Fred and beat DB last year. This year we'll see you at the Nest.

that was last year buddy, stop living in the past. Wasn't in 2 years ago you came to J. Fred and got beat? Either 2 or 3 years ago I can't remember... Either way, last year is over, and DB is MUCH MUCH MUCH improved. And this is a DB-Sevier Co. thread, SEE YA!

We'll see you in week 13 ) have a nice day.

We'll see you in week 13 ) have a nice day.

Ooltewah is really good this year, but i think that you have to give the nod to DB.

For one, they have THE BEST defense in the state and a quarterback who is exceeding expectations.

And you can't forget that the game is at J.Fred and the crowd is gonna be pumped.

Take DB.

If the game wast at Ooltewah, i might have different thoughts. But it being at J.Fred, thats too much for the owls to overcome.

Quick question for the SCHS fans.... Is there any stand-out corner/safety that can cover one of the biggest deep-ball threats in Coty Sensabaugh?? Don't get me wrong DB has so far only used the deep passes when the Defense is fully committed to the bruising run offense. Coty can really inflict major damage when the ball is thrown his way and I was just wondering if you guys might be able to stop him. If the deep ball can be covered better than it has been in any previous game is should be a great game with tons of defensive plays... If not DB will put up huge numbers. They are just too deep at every posisition to be stopped by a defense that can only stop the run or only the pass(DB has yet to see an exceptional pass D) Thanks for the info.

Roll Tribe Roll