Oak Ridge at William Blount

TG24

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time, I was for the decision.

My thoughts, Oak Ridge was a team looking for an identity and confidence. When you have a program like they do, going for two sends a statement.

If it worked, it looks like a gutsy call and the coach is applauded. It didn't, some fans now point fingers and say "I told you so."

I liked going for two, I didn't like running a play everyone knew was coming, but I am far from a coach and probably the person with the least amount of football knowledge that gets to stand on the field on Friday nights.

This game is where? Home Team has a huge advantage. Question to Tank Talk...

Why do you think that Stevens went for 2 in OT last week? Don't you make the other team screw up in OT? That's the way I learned it.

Good luck to the Wildcats

aahhhh Tank, that was a quality response. I liked the going for two also. If you live by that sword you will also die by it and Coach Stevens knew that and still decided it was the way to go. The young men involved in making it happen just came up short, it happens, and it happens to the best as well. My only thought to the team is to take that frustration and take it out on WB this week. That will make a statement all by itself.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL :lol:

We will have to beat the zebras, too. I've seen it too many times in Blount County. It's just the way it is, so we have to go do it. This is strictly my opinion, so don't get bent all out of shape anybody. WB got jobbed again for the second time in region play by officials. They have got to be really really hungry to get that win they feel they so rightly deserved in both games. I think they are ready to take all that frustration out on somebody, namely our CATS. We're catching WB at the worst possible time. We better bring it, and play smarter to stay in this game. IMO

NickO, I agree with Ole Dad, come to practice and ask Stanton yourself about the D, he will talk to you about it for sure. Then you will understand at least why they feel this is the best approach for this team, you may not agree, but at least he'll tell you why he thinks it's best.

We will have to beat the zebras, too. I've seen it too many times in Blount County. It's just the way it is, so we have to go do it. This is strictly my opinion, so don't get bent all out of shape anybody. WB got jobbed again for the second time in region play by officials. They have got to be really really hungry to get that win they feel they so rightly deserved in both games. I think they are ready to take all that frustration out on somebody, namely our CATS. We're catching WB at the worst possible time. We better bring it, and play smarter to stay in this game. IMO

NickO, I agree with Ole Dad, come to practice and ask Stanton yourself about the D, he will talk to you about it for sure. Then you will understand at least why they feel this is the best approach for this team, you may not agree, but at least he'll tell you why he thinks it's best.

We did not get JOBBED at Farragut. We had some penalties in the last drive, but both teams had over 100 yds in penalties and both teams had penalties called at inopportune times.

William Blount is the only team that has griped about the officiating in Hooterville.... In the Ooltewah Bradley game Bradly had 0 penalties to Ooltewah's 7...... Man, Bradley cheated...

What a clown you are. Bradley couldn't win if they paid the officials.

Tank,

I appreciate your candor but I disagree. I would have (my opinion only) made the other team lose the game and gone with the percentages. This is an easy statistic for you. What are the percentages of PAT's made by OR this season? What are the percentages of passes completed? What percentage of the completed passes went for 3 or more yards. So what percentage of passes attempted were completed for 3 or more yards. Just guessing here but you can fill in the numbers but I would guess the percentage of making the PAT were at least 3 times greater than making the 2 point conversion with a pass. The reason they make you start going for 2 after 3 OT's is because most coaches are smart enough to make the other team lose and not give the game away. Just my opinion so each of you is entitled to your own.

Ole Dad

At the time, I was for the decision.

My thoughts, Oak Ridge was a team looking for an identity and confidence. When you have a program like they do, going for two sends a statement.

If it worked, it looks like a gutsy call and the coach is applauded. It didn't, some fans now point fingers and say "I told you so."

I liked going for two, I didn't like running a play everyone knew was coming, but I am far from a coach and probably the person with the least amount of football knowledge that gets to stand on the field on Friday nights.

Tank,

I appreciate your candor but I disagree. I would have (my opinion only) made the other team lose the game and gone with the percentages. This is an easy statistic for you. What are the percentages of PAT's made by OR this season? What are the percentages of passes completed? What percentage of the completed passes went for 3 or more yards. So what percentage of passes attempted were completed for 3 or more yards. Just guessing here but you can fill in the numbers but I would guess the percentage of making the PAT were at least 3 times greater than making the 2 point conversion with a pass. The reason they make you start going for 2 after 3 OT's is because most coaches are smart enough to make the other team lose and not give the game away. Just my opinion so each of you is entitled to your own.

Ole Dad

I'm sure he wasn't thinking of all of that in the 3 minutes he had before the OT.....