South Side - Henry County

butter-bean

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big mike believes that we are another one of those teams like that which SS has been playing. I hope you are not right.

Make no mistake big mike with little capitals, we are not like those other teams that you have beaten, we are a worhty opponent and you would have to take the 3 best teams that we have played to get a total of 49 point on the board against our Defense, Ridgeway17, Dickson 27, and Kenwood 6 fot a grand total of 50 points, those teams combined records are an impressive 16-2. We are averaging 25 points per game, so I am not incllined to go with your prediction here.

Mine however which will be a little more accurate,

HC 27

SS 17

Munford beat yall 21-14 beat Northside 35-20 who Southside beat Northside 43-0 enough said

If it is so good then why the 3 L"s is it the good D SS has a good D great D

Well if you know footbal, then you know that there are lots of variables such as penalties, fumbles, and a missed assignment everynow and then can stop a drive. You seem to agree that 34 is pretty good, well 1 has amost identical nembers. Last week we shot ourselves in the foot with penalties, and a big fumble.

Against DIckson, well our defense struggled, and we had an int late, with Ridgeway we simply got beat by a team that has lost one game in there last 21 and that was to the 5a state champion in the semis last season. Losing a ballgame does not mean that you are not very good.

As for SS, I am unsure, I know that they are a good team but hey have not played a team yet that has a good offense, Fayette Ware has a 4-2 record but they have beaten 4 teams that have a combined record of 4-20, all 4 of those teams were 1-5. SS beat a JCM team that has not scored but 83 points in 6 games, I am sure that SS has a good defense but I am not sure the verdict is in on the great defense.

What we will hear tonight after we win, is that SS was off their game but think not for a second that we will not have somehting to do with that.

Munford beat yall 21-14 beat Northside 35-20 who Southside beat Northside 43-0 enough said

Again you may be right and I hope not, but that is why we play the game, SS - NS week 1, and I am sure that you were not at the HC munford game, We lost and Munford beat us, We did maek a lot of unforced errors, to big returns broguht back due to blocks in the back, but it was nto forced by anything Munford did. we just did not take care of business. I have learned a long time ago that looking at common opponents and results of previous games are meaningless. If Fayette Ware beats Liberty by 30 and you beat Fayette Ware by 30, it certainly does not mean that you are going to beat Liberty by 60. I do understand your loyalty and wishful thinking as I display the same.

Well if you know footbal, then you know that there are lots of variables such as penalties, fumbles, and a missed assignment everynow and then can stop a drive. You seem to agree that 34 is pretty good, well 1 has amost identical nembers. Last week we shot ourselves in the foot with penalties, and a big fumble.

Against DIckson, well our defense struggled, and we had an int late, with Ridgeway we simply got beat by a team that has lost one game in there last 21 and that was to the 5a state champion in the semis last season. Losing a ballgame does not mean that you are not very good.

As for SS, I am unsure, I know that they are a good team but hey have not played a team yet that has a good offense, Fayette Ware has a 4-2 record but they have beaten 4 teams that have a combined record of 4-20, all 4 of those teams were 1-5. SS beat a JCM team that has not scored but 83 points in 6 games, I am sure that SS has a good defense but I am not sure the verdict is in on the great defense.

What we will hear tonight after we win, is that SS was off their game but think not for a second that we will not have somehting to do with that.

It is called discipline then you want have penalties or fumbles

Discipline has a lot to do with it, Are you trying to imply that a team with any penalties is a team without discipline? A fumbled shotgun snap unforced is a physical mistake, not a lackof discipline, but good teams recover from those mistakes and we did not last week if that makes us an undisciplined team or a bad team then that is just that. If you guys fumble or have a penalty tonight tehn I will just consider that you all are undeisciplined and not very good.

Lack of discipline would be silly mistakes,like holding when the play is not coming your way,unsportsman like conduct and such.Mistakes happen,you are talking about high school kids.When Ridgeway played HC it was about 100 degrees,the ball slips out of centers hand due to sweat,is that because he is undisciplined?

Discipline has a lot to do with it, Are you trying to imply that a team with any penalties is a team without discipline? A fumbled shotgun snap unforced is a physical mistake, not a lackof discipline, but good teams recover from those mistakes and we did not last week if that makes us an undisciplined team or a bad team then that is just that. If you guys fumble or have a penalty tonight tehn I will just consider that you all are undeisciplined and not very good.

everyone makes mistakes but when the same mistakes are made over and over then the coach is not making the right adj. are they are not disciplined

discipline is where you run a laps for blocks in the back,holding, etc, ect, ect

Boy, there is a lot bloviating on here! South Side doesn't just have one person who can run the ball, but go ahead, zero in on him, by all means!!!!!!!

GO HAWKS

You call that guys response bloviating? Hardly, mikey has been short and sweet or short and sour if you are from HC! :thumb:

Also, what are you talking about that one person who runs the ball from Southside? We have mentioned about HC's multiple weapons. The two I have heard from Southside are Forrest and Bates.

everyone makes mistakes but when the same mistakes are made over and over then the coach is not making the right adj. are they are not disciplined

discipline is where you run a laps for blocks in the back,holding, etc, ect, ect

Well, you just explained our loss last week...."everyone makes mistakes." Ours just happened to come at VERY inopportune times. Munford is steadily improving week by week and they took full advantage of those mistakes. Like I said before, those same mistakes will not be made tonight!

Well that is one of those descriptions that can be used at convenience, and in our case it has not been reoccuring from week to week. Just one week.

Edited by the prophet