South Side - Henry County

butter-bean

Darlin, don't call me low class because of something you didn't like. I don't blow the horns, another parent does that for his son & fellow teammates. I decorated the field for our team, so they could have a nice homecoming. Anyway we don't care if you liked it or not OUR GUYS do & that's all that we care about!!!

What's the diff, like you said he made it, so be happy.

I think train whistles are illegal if that`s what it is.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think train whistles are illegal if that`s what it is.

General you'll find out friday. They blow that horn every play. It can be a 2 yard run but to hear it they just scored the game winning td. It is against the tssaa rules for the band to play during plays. I would think it is also for a big fogg/train horn to blow.

General you'll find out friday. They blow that horn every play. It can be a 2 yard run but to hear it they just scored the game winning td. It is against the tssaa rules for the band to play during plays. I would think it is also for a big fogg/train horn to blow.

Seriously, they blow that horn every freakin play, and if you attempt a field goal, just be ready. It will be blowing the whole time. Someone should report them. Too bad they dont play USJ...hahaha :thumb:

This is not for or against the horn blowing - but there have been 2 previous threads (1 about bands playing and 1 about artifical noise makers) with many post. No one found a specific rule about the band or the noise makers (I'm too lazy to look it up, but some folks researched and found nothing). There was a mention of "non participates that create an unfair advantage" can be penalized at the descretion of the referee. What determines an unfair advantage? Train horn? Air horn? Band? A student section chanting/yelling during a FG? A student section in the endzone waving noodles? Just a question. I think its just part of the game. I have no problem with the horns or bands - although the horn gets on my nerves at times and I'm a HC fan. Is it bad sportsmanship? Not to me. Booing / taunting the oppenents after a good play or win (by player or fan) - this is bad sportsmanship to me. IMO - I kinda got off the subject a little bit.

BTW the Farley band from Memphis was very impressive last year. They were causing a "distraction" from the parking lot - before they even entered the stadium!

This is not for or against the horn blowing - but there have been 2 previous threads (1 about bands playing and 1 about artifical noise makers) with many post. No one found a specific rule about the band or the noise makers (I'm too lazy to look it up, but some folks researched and found nothing). There was a mention of "non participates that create an unfair advantage" can be penalized at the descretion of the referee. What determines an unfair advantage? Train horn? Air horn? Band? A student section chanting/yelling during a FG? A student section in the endzone waving noodles? Just a question. I think its just part of the game. I have no problem with the horns or bands - although the horn gets on my nerves at times and I'm a HC fan. Is it bad sportsmanship? Not to me. Booing / taunting the oppenents after a good play or win (by player or fan) - this is bad sportsmanship to me. IMO - I kinda got off the subject a little bit.

BTW the Farley band from Memphis was very impressive last year. They were causing a "distraction" from the parking lot - before they even entered the stadium!

I have seen a band get a warning during a highschool game for plying after the ball is snapped, so evidently there is a rule against it. And the band playing is one thing, but blowing a train whistle...i mean come on. I can guarantee that a train whistle wont be tolerated during the playoffs because you wont have local refs...