South Side - Henry County

butter-bean

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, He took a heck of a lick from #4 on SS. He left game for the ER with what seemed to be a concussion. All this is what I gathered form people talking, radio, and watching him leave. I wanna say it was late 3rd or early 4th quarter.

I hope he is alright and ready to go next week. He`s a great player. Do you think that had a big impact on SS coming back?

I hope he is alright and ready to go next week. He`s a great player. Do you think that had a big impact on SS coming back?

Completely, they held #34 to reasonable yards, but Calvin was running for 5-12 yards every carry, they couldnt contain him. And we scored on atleast three big pass plays. #3 came in at QB and fumbled the snap (I cant imagine how nervous he was and how much pressure was on him, I dont blame him) and gave them the ball back. It was a downward spiral from there. They had one play (run to the outside with #4) that absolutely killed us. They scored on it three times that I know of. Right now, Calvin's health is the most important thing to any Patriot I am sure.

Edited by Patriotpride

Completely, they held #34 to reasonable yards, but Calvin was running for 5-12 yards every carry, they couldnt contain him. And we scored on atleast three big pass plays. #3 came in at QB and fumbled the snap (I cant imagine how nervous he was and how much pressure was on him, I dont blame him) and gave them the ball back. It was a downward spiral from there. They had one play (pitch and run to the outside with #4) that absolutely killed us. They scored on it three times that I know of. Right now, Calvin's health is the most important thing to any Patriot I am sure.

That was one incredible football game. I hope Calvin is alright. South Side is pretty banged up, (one player with a probable concussion, one with possibly a dislocated shoulder, many in need of ice tommorrow.) no season ending injuries. South Side has a great football team, and as close as this was, obviously Henry County does to. If it is any consolation, Henry County WILL beat JCM. Sorry Yanker, but that is as close to a sure prediction as a prediction can be.

Edited by Duckmax

That was one incredible football game. I hope Calvin is alright. South Side is pretty banged up, (one player with a probable concussion, one with possibly a dislocated shoulder, many in need of ice tommorrow.) no season ending injuries. South Side has a great football team, and as close as this was, obviously Henry County does to. If it is any consolation, Henry County WILL beat JCM. Sorry Yanker, but that is as close to a sure prediction as a prediction can be.

You are right, it was an incredible game. SS didn't give up and that's commendable. As for injuries, no concussions to report on our side, but I think both teams are sore this morning. The dislocated shoulder was popped back into place, but you know it must still be hurting. He went on to play the rest of the night after sitting out several plays. I think HC won't have a problem with JCM. Good luck.

Well if you know footbal, then you know that there are lots of variables such as penalties, fumbles, and a missed assignment everynow and then can stop a drive. You seem to agree that 34 is pretty good, well 1 has amost identical nembers. Last week we shot ourselves in the foot with penalties, and a big fumble.

Against DIckson, well our defense struggled, and we had an int late, with Ridgeway we simply got beat by a team that has lost one game in there last 21 and that was to the 5a state champion in the semis last season. Losing a ballgame does not mean that you are not very good.

As for SS, I am unsure, I know that they are a good team but hey have not played a team yet that has a good offense, Fayette Ware has a 4-2 record but they have beaten 4 teams that have a combined record of 4-20, all 4 of those teams were 1-5. SS beat a JCM team that has not scored but 83 points in 6 games, I am sure that SS has a good defense but I am not sure the verdict is in on the great defense.

What we will hear tonight after we win, is that SS was off their game but think not for a second that we will not have somehting to do with that.

Yes South Side did not play good against the Pats. All due to the play of Henry County. But, it was a win.The Hawks have something special, the WILLL TO WIN!. AS yoy would say we proved nothing tonight .we be a team with a not so great record, according to your analogy. However, i feel the Pats have a very good ball team! Winning breeds winning! Heart and hard hitting can never be underestimated.

Way to GO HAWKS!!! Where are all the Pats fans that was talking crap. What is the Pats record against the Hawks?

I am not taking anything away from SS when I say this, but HC just had TOO many costly mistakes (turnovers, missed PAT, block in the back in OT). Take away any one of them and you have a different outcome.

I don't want to hear excuses. Turnovers, missed PAT, block in the back thats football and you play for 4 quarters and OT if needed. SS wasn't ready to throw in the towel when they were 16 points down, they started playing like they been doing all year. I guess everyone can say we beat another cupcake team...

Way to GO HAWKS!!! Where are all the Pats fans that was talking crap. What is the Pats record against the Hawks?

I don't want to hear excuses. Turnovers, missed PAT, block in the back thats football and you play for 4 quarters and OT if needed. SS wasn't ready to throw in the towel when they were 16 points down, they started playing like they been doing all year. I guess everyone can say we beat another cupcake team...

I believe I said I wasnt taking anything away from SS, in the end they won. No excuses, just the truth. Why do you have a chip on your shoulder after a win? IF HC is a cupcake team then you are not saying much for SS who were down by 16 at one point and had to go to over time to beat a "cupcake" team. IF SS is so good, they shouldn't need OT to beat ANY team that makes some of the mistakes we made. SS didnt beat us, WE beat us and SS got a W as the result. Now I am taking away form SS, but you threw the first punch. SS gets beat in second round of the playoffs, watch and see.

I believe I said I wasnt taking anything away from SS, in the end they won. No excuses, just the truth. Why do you have a chip on your shoulder after a win? IF HC is a cupcake team then you are not saying much for SS who were down by 16 at one point and had to go to over time to beat a "cupcake" team. IF SS is so good, they shouldn't need OT to beat ANY team that makes some of the mistakes we made. SS didnt beat us, WE beat us and SS got a W as the result. Now I am taking away form SS, but you threw the first punch. SS gets beat in second round of the playoffs, watch and see.

Well, I do not believe that HC was a "cupcake" team. They fought hard. They were ahead through almost the whole game. They fought hard all night long. I don't see SS getting beat in the second round though. This is a tough team with a lot of heart and a "never say die" attitude. From somewhere, they rallied and it was a great game to watch. HC should be proud, not down. Its sad that either team would have to come away from that game with a loss, because both teams are winners to me. I'm still a die-hard SS fan, don't get me wrong, but no one should be putting down either team.