Best Defense in 1A

MOTO24

I agree. At this point in the season I'd have to say FC, SP, FA, & JBHS in the semi-finals. These 4 teams have given up the least amount of points in their respective brackets (regions 1-4 & 5-8). If you go back and look at the past champions ('03, '04, & '05) the team that gave up the least amount of points made it to the finals all three times. The past two championships were the team that gave up the least amount of points.

Well, unfortunately FC and SP would meet in the quarter finals instead of the semis but I follow what you are saying. It will be a tough road to get there though but if these teams all meet up it can be some interesting football.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, unfortunately FC and SP would meet in the quarter finals instead of the semis but I follow what you are saying. It will be a tough road to get there though but if these teams all meet up it can be some interesting football.

That stinks! I didn't realize FC & SP would have to meet in the quarter finals.

Edited by MOTO24

they may not meet at all, check with Trouddale and Gordonsville, I doubt either has given up yet.

Very true. That is why I said IF they make it. A lot of folks are already putting South Pittsburg in the 'Boro. They may very well get there and I hope that they do but it is not going to be a cakewalk in like some are thinking. They are going to have to fight to get there. A lot of people are putting SP and FCS in the quarterfinals together. But as you said, FCS is going to have to get by Trousdale and Gordonsville to get first. SP still has to beat Temple and Whitwell to get first.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

Very true. That is why I said IF they make it. A lot of folks are already putting South Pittsburg in the 'Boro. They may very well get there and I hope that they do but it is not going to be a cakewalk in like some are thinking. They are going to have to fight to get there. A lot of people are putting SP and FCS in the quarterfinals together. But as you said, FCS is going to have to get by Trousdale and Gordonsville to get first. SP still has to beat Temple and Whitwell to get first.

Its a guantlet, SP is probably one of the top 4 in the state and still might not make it. I'd say if they get there, they will bring it home. Even a drunk sailor knows whats going on .lol.

Edited by pujo

they may not meet at all, check with Trouddale and Gordonsville, I doubt either has given up yet.

I know they havn't given up but I also know they have given up a lot of points this year. TC gave up 48 points in the regular season last year. This year they've already given up 123. G'ville has given up 90. I'm not counting them out by any means but based on what I've seen this year, I would have to say FC & SP are superior to them.

Edited by MOTO24

If and When Jo Byrns gets a shutout this week, they will be giving up an average of 4.7 points in 7 games. So yes Fayette Academy and Jo Byrns defenses both look to be dominating this year!!

Who have they played?

Fayette Academy opponents combined record 13-33

Jo Byrns opponents combined record 12-26

I would say Friendship Christian. Ranked #1 Massey. Opponents record 18-17.

Edited by riverrat106

Who have they played?

Fayette Academy opponents combined record 13-33

Jo Byrns opponents combined record 12-26

I would say Friendship Christian. Ranked #1 Massey. Opponents record 18-17.

Jo Byrns upcoming opponents have a combined record of 18-6, so there schedule does get alot tougher for the next 4 games. When we win those games, u wont have an arguement.

Jo Byrns upcoming opponents have a combined record of 18-6, so there schedule does get alot tougher for the next 4 games. When we win those games, u wont have an arguement.

if you don't win those games then you won't have an arguement. and did you just admit that joe burns schedule hasn't been that tough!? this is why players shouldn't post. your shooting yourself in both feet. :(

FCS's opponents records are 18-17 two or three of which FCS is so far the teams only loss. Plus FCS has yet to play Gordonsville or Trousdale County, two of the toughest on their schedule i think we could all agree are solid, if not great teams.

As for you saying "if we win those games you won't have an argument". You won those games last year, and still didn't meet TC in the Burro, I think Snoball has a great argument. :(

Trousdale, great?? IDK about that. I know pujo might disagree with me but I say decent at best. Nevertheless FCS plays the toughest schedule out of the top 5 teams and have performed the best this season thus far, they should be the team to beat.

Edited by acmoney

Trousdale, great?? IDK about that. I know pujo might disagree with me but I say decent at best. Nevertheless FCS plays the toughest schedule out of the top 5 teams and have performed the best this season thus far, they should be the team to beat.

TC isn't a great team this year but, it takes ALOT to be a great TC team. we may be down this year but the proverbial phoenix shall rise once again from it's ashes. mark it down. :( and we can still beat any those sissy west bracket teams even in a down year, such as this. :lol:

Edited by snoball5278