Sullivan South vs Elizabethon

HiGipper

I didn't see that South played dirty. They had two personal fouls on Smith, one being a late hit and the other a spear. It's football and I'm sure South was out to rattle Smith. Didn't seem to work but South just plain outplayed Elizabethton in the second half and that pretty much summed up the game. Smith had a very descent night.

Someone else mentioned the Cyclones #77 making a mistake and jumping offsides on a play near the scoring zone. Smith blew the cadence on the play and it was his fault, not #77. I too like the looks of the Cyclones #52 on the offensive line. Maybe they should find a place for him? but #77 needs to be in the game.

My film doesn't show the incident on the sideline very well and so I can't determine if it was a late hit or not. During the game I did not see anything. It is hard to see the details while filming. I haven't heard a first hand account yet but maybe I will tomorrow.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see that South played dirty. They had two personal fouls on Smith, one being a late hit and the other a spear. It's football and I'm sure South was out to rattle Smith. Didn't seem to work but South just plain outplayed Elizabethton in the second half and that pretty much summed up the game. Smith had a very descent night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I currently play for South and would just like to commend QB Smith on his heart. He is an extremely tough kid...He took some big hits and always jumped right back up. I thought both teams played with alot of class. There were many different occasions where a hard hit was layed but each team usaully helped the other up. Good game and good luck in the rest of the season to Elizabethton

Go Rebels

ETfootball10, Smith did take some brutal shots and gave it up for his team. I did notice that you guys were the first to help him back up and he was quick to let me know that most of you always ask him if he was ok. Thats class. It was just tough football and that is the way it is supposed to be, TOUGH and AGGRESSIVE and he respected your game. Good luck to you guys, you have a fan here.

I can't wait to see South play Unicoi next week- With the way both teams are playing, this could honestly be one of the hardest hitting games featured in Gentry Stadium in a long time. Think before scoffing...stranger things have happened.

That is a true statement…especially when it comes to the Blue Devils! Although I think it will take a lot of things to go wrong on the South side of the ball for Unicoi to walk out of this one with a win. South has always had it in them…the difference in now and the first part of the season is that they now believe in themselves. It’s good to see that the players (at least from ETfootball10 point of view) are rallying behind their ACE…unlike some of the South posters on here. Belief in your Coach + belief in your QB + belief in your team, is always a good equation for victory! :angry:

That is a true statement…especially when it comes to the Blue Devils! Although I think it will take a lot of things to go wrong on the South side of the ball for Unicoi to walk out of this one with a win. South has always had it in them…the difference in now and the first part of the season is that they now believe in themselves. It’s good to see that the players (at least from ETfootball10 point of view) are rallying behind their ACE…unlike some of the South posters on here. Belief in your Coach + belief in your QB + belief in your team, is always a good equation for victory! :angry:

Well said Cap1! Just out of curiousity, has South had to deal with any major/minor injuries this season? I haven't heard of a single incident, but you never know about any information that may have gotten lost in the cracks. One more thing, you can't leave out a belief in your Defense- always the difference maker in any contest.

Well said Cap1! Just out of curiousity, has South had to deal with any major/minor injuries this season? I haven't heard of a single incident, but you never know about any information that may have gotten lost in the cracks. One more thing, you can't leave out a belief in your Defense- always the difference maker in any contest.

You’re right…how could I forget about the defense. I’m a Viking fan but I do know that South’s starting Center may be out for the season. They also had a LB/RB that was injured but he seems to be back in full stride…and I can definitely vouch for that. He had his coming out party against the Vikings two weeks ago. :angry:

ETfootball10, Smith did take some brutal shots and gave it up for his team. I did notice that you guys were the first to help him back up and he was quick to let me know that most of you always ask him if he was ok. Thats class. It was just tough football and that is the way it is supposed to be, TOUGH and AGGRESSIVE and he respected your game. Good luck to you guys, you have a fan here.

P. Smith is one tough cookie. He took 2 of the hardest shots near the sidelines that I've seen. One was when he was knocked through the fence, almost hitting the fence post. I believe the flag thrown on the play was not for the hit, but elsewhere. The other was on the South side when 2 of South's hardest hitters, Wingfield and Dykes gave him the one-two punch. Wingfield first hit him hard enough to take most anyone down. It stood Smith up for the patented Dykes body slam. Yet still Smith got right back up. Impressive!

I know Smith is tough, but a good lesson would be to consider going out of bounds without that last half of yard. You will do your team more good if you are able to get up and still be able to see for the next play.

I was also impressed by the show of sportsmanship by both teams. Many players were helping each other up and avoiding the trash talking.

Good luck to the Cyclones for the rest of the year.

Can someone more familiar with the program tell me how long has Pless been the head coach? And where did he come from? Who was coach before and for how long? They really have a great team and just need a little tweaking.

I"ve been here at Elizabethton for awhile and I believe this is Pless' third season (maybe 2nd, I was up all night with a puppy :lol: ). He came in after Tommy Jenkins fell ill and passed away, God Bless Him. Tommy was there two years and he followed the legend Dave Rider.

This is a team that went undefeated in thier JV year and had a fantastic freshman team, both under Ryan Witten who is no longer on the staff for personal reasons, so we are kind of dissapointed in what is going on. Tweaking, I would think, is putting it mildly. A few players decided not to play this season (other interest and one to grades) and that happens. There was enough left to compete, especially with a very descent Junior class. It just hasn't been a tough team but there are several other reasons. What it is, is what it is. :(

Good luck..........

Edited by GLee