Single A - preseason top 8

grammar

I pretty well had the same lineup as you but not sure about Jackie Johnson over Kevin Copeland..Russel must have grown a couple inches..I thought he was about 6'2..I believe Abbot is about 6'1..but Whitby seems to be high on that kid that shoots a lot!

I saw Bledsoe over the summer and he looks to have lost weight..If he works hard and develops an inside shot..he could help a lot..And he may still be a year away..But..I believe Whitby may put him in some this year just for his height and to block or change some shots and rebound..I talked to Whitby about him and said he needed a shot but Whitby told me he wasn't looking for him to shoot..I believe he has potential but may need to work on his footwork also and not let a quick big man get around him for an easy two..And he may be quicker with the weight loss!But still..he may be able to give us a couple minutes here and there!And maybe more!

Edited by mrbigster

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I think Humboldt fans are the last ones who can talk like this. Grace had no chance against y'all and neither did Union City. The only people who thought Grace had a chance against Humboldt were Grace and Temple people. All of that to say this, give the guy a break or I'll bust out the "pot calling the kettle black."

I'll admit I didn't give Grace a chance last year before the game...I picked Humboldt to win by 20+...but, that didn't happen...However, you can go back and look if you'd like...I got on here and gave Grace credit...I didn't make excuses...Grace came out to play and Humboldt didn't...Difference in Humboldt and Cosby is that Cosby still thinks they're the better team and they're going to win state...If you go back and look at my preseason top 10 for this year, I have Grace listed ahead of us...

I'm not bigster but i know a little of what lake county will start off with

C Jacky Johnson 6'5 Sr.

F Russle Avery 6'4 So.

F Channing Geanes 6'3 Jr.

G Brandon Springer 6'2 Sr.

G Sep Valintine 5'10 Sr.

Bench

C If Playin Kevin Copelin 6'3 Sr

F/C Josh Bledsoe 6'6 So

Help me out Mr. Bigster with the next but i think the Abbit kid that is about 6'1 guard

i dont know about the little guard that like to shoot from about half court his def is a little shaky.

With all the seniors, it looks like this is Lake Co. best chance to win it

With all the seniors, it looks like this is Lake Co. best chance to win it

REd..It looks that way but I figure with Channen Geanes a junior and Russel Avery a sophomore,coming back...probably with the Bledsoe kid,a 6'6 sophomore and maybe still growing..I'm sure we have a couple young players that's not getting to play simply because Springer and company have either played a lot or started since they were freshmen!So..no chance to really start as long as Springer and company are still there..Same as Geanes..Unless he does something to be in the dog house..he is a starter this year and next!

REd..It looks that way but I figure with Channen Geanes a junior and Russel Avery a sophomore,coming back...probably with the Bledsoe kid,a 6'6 sophomore and maybe still growing..I'm sure we have a couple young players that's not getting to play simply because Springer and company have either played a lot or started since they were freshmen!So..no chance to really start as long as Springer and company are still there..Same as Geanes..Unless he does something to be in the dog house..he is a starter this year and next!

No doubt that Lake Co. will still be a good team, but as far as being favorites to win the whole thing, I'm thinking this year is as good as any for your squad...With Humboldt only starting one senior this year in Sain, and an abundance of talented underclassmen, I see Humboldt consistently in the top 2 for the next 3-4 years..One thing you do have on your side though is Whitby...Think about this for a second, Bigster...What if Whitby was the coach at Humboldt???? How scary is that to think about..

I'm thinking of checking out the scrimmage at Dyersburg this Saturday...you should consider seeing it as well so we can get a better grasp of how UC is going to compete this year

No doubt that Lake Co. will still be a good team, but as far as being favorites to win the whole thing, I'm thinking this year is as good as any for your squad...With Humboldt only starting one senior this year in Sain, and an abundance of talented underclassmen, I see Humboldt consistently in the top 2 for the next 3-4 years..One thing you do have on your side though is Whitby...Think about this for a second, Bigster...What if Whitby was the coach at Humboldt???? How scary is that to think about..

I'm thinking of checking out the scrimmage at Dyersburg this Saturday...you should consider seeing it as well so we can get a better grasp of how UC is going to compete this year

What teams are going to be there!

I only know of Union City and Dyersburg...chipper said it in an earlier post...He's supposed to post the additional info on here some time this week..

A friend I work with told me that Dyer Co is scrimmaging Humboldt at Dyer Co this Saturday..That's in Newbern instead of Dyersburg...His nephew ,Justin Blake ,transferred from Dyersburg along with two other players and they won't be eligible to play until after Christmas!

A friend I work with told me that Dyer Co is scrimmaging Humboldt at Dyer Co this Saturday..That's in Newbern instead of Dyersburg...His nephew ,Justin Blake ,transferred from Dyersburg along with two other players and they won't be eligible to play until after Christmas!

Hhmm, I haven't had a chance to see the Vikings play since a scrimmage at the beginning of the summer so I might have to check that out instead..

Bigster do you know of any scrimmages Lake County has. If so post them and i will be watchin lake county but if not i'm goin to dyersburg to watch union city.

Bigster do you know of any scrimmages Lake County has. If so post them and i will be watchin lake county but if not i'm goin to dyersburg to watch union city.

Whitby told me at the football game tonight that Lake Co scrimmaged Gibson County yesterday and had their way and dominated without Springer,Sep,and Copeland!by the way..either you or someone asked about whether I knew if we were playing Brighton or Central on the 18th..Whitby said we are playing Brighton on the 16th and Central in the Hall of Fame game on the 18th!