WHO IS THE BEST HIGH SCHOOL TEAM YOU HAVE EVER PLAYED OR SEEN?

RANDY SAVAGE

Dickson County won the state title and went undefeated in Class AAA in 1988; and they did beat Oakland. Lincoln County won in 1990 and beat Germantown in the Class AAA title game. No one has mentioned '91 Oak Ridge. They won the Class AAA state title by embarrassing Gallatin 30-0. That was the year they had Shawn Summers, and they were really good!

Yes they Oak Ridge 1991 team was very good. I was a member of the embarassed team. Dickson Co. was AWESOME with Jeff Vaughn. We beat that Lincoln Co. team in a spring scrimmage before they went on to win that title. Our QB, Clinic Bowl MVP a few months before that, tore his ACL, and we limped to a 10-2 record that fall.

Great thread guys, keep rolling. Still pondering my all timers.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they Oak Ridge 1991 team was very good. I was a member of the embarassed team. Dickson Co. was AWESOME with Jeff Vaughn. We beat that Lincoln Co. team in a spring scrimmage before they went on to win that title. Our QB, Clinic Bowl MVP a few months before that, tore his ACL, and we limped to a 10-2 record that fall.

Did Gallatin lose to Germantown that year in the quarterfinals? 1990?

I'm sure some of you on here are familiar with the '93 Cleveland team when the Cobb Brothers played. Does anyone remember their game against Brentwood Academy in the title when BA (with the lead in the 4th quarter) punted on a 3rd and long, and then Cleveland came right back down the field and scored? What was Carlton Flatt thinking??

Edited by bellgo

Getting beat 35-7 by milan in the regular season pretty much keeps them from being one of the best ever. They were good, good enough apparently, but arguably not even the best that year much less ever.

The score during the regular season was 24-7 not 35-7... yes Huntingdon was the best team i seen by the end of the year in 2003

• 2 weeks later...

When I played for Lawrence County my sophmore year we played the 2003 Hillsboro state champ team they killed us. They were incredible.

you have to put the 71 bristol high school team in there they beat us(Covington) 52 -0 in the state finals and we were 11-0 going in they were the number 1 team in the country that year...ahead of cinncinati moler coached then by future notre dame coach jerry faust

Amen. I was going to say the same thing. Probably the only football team I have ever seen that could line up in the fullhouse-T or go 5 wide and be just as effective out of either. And that defense.......oh man. And for a Memphis team, they were very well coached. If there has ever been a Tennessee team that could beat them, I would like to see it.

Actually a team that could beat them would be the 1996 Humboldt Vikings.....The year before Humboldt played Melrose in the 3rd round of the playoffs in 1995 and beat them very soundly 55-21......I still have that tape!!!!!!

I haven't seen many teams as good as the 2004 Riverdale team. The Warriors went 15-0, shutting out their opponent in 8 of those games. They beat a 13-1 Franklin team 35-7 in the title game. You knew the game was over before it started every week. The average score in the 15 games was 44-7. I'd put them up against any high school team and feel very confident.