Who will be the top four in Region 2-5A?

baller141

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it'll shake out like this in my opinion

1. Ooltewah- The Owls finish the year at 10-0

2. Farragut- Ads lose to the Owls, but pull out a big win over Oak Ridge

3. William Blount- Govs finally get over the hump against Oak Ridge, and beat the sleeper McMinn

4. McMinn- Cherokees do the unthinkable and knock Oak Ridge out of the playoffs. McMinn loses at WB, but Oak Ridge falls to the Govs, Ads, and Owls, earning McMinn this fourth seed

Well, it'll shake out like this in my opinion

1. Ooltewah- The Owls finish the year at 10-0

2. Farragut- Ads lose to the Owls, but pull out a big win over Oak Ridge

3. William Blount- Govs finally get over the hump against Oak Ridge, and beat the sleeper McMinn

4. McMinn- Cherokees do the unthinkable and knock Oak Ridge out of the playoffs. McMinn loses at WB, but Oak Ridge falls to the Govs, Ads, and Owls, earning McMinn this fourth seed

WOW! I guess that could happen. I would love to see the Owls finish that way. However, I still think everything is wide open for these teams. Several key match ups between these teams are still to be played. WB vs OR, this week. WB vs McMinn and Owls vs Ads next week. The picture should be very clear after next weeks games. WB and McMinn will know where they stand. IMO Blount will have it's hands full needing to beat Oak Ridge and McMinn on consecutive weeks. Especially after the schedule they have played for the past three weeks. (Ooltewah, Maryville and Farragut)

WOW! I guess that could happen. I would love to see the Owls finish that way. However, I still think everything is wide open for these teams. Several key match ups between these teams are still to be played. WB vs OR, this week. WB vs McMinn and Owls vs Ads next week. The picture should be very clear after next weeks games. WB and McMinn will know where they stand. IMO Blount will have it's hands full needing to beat Oak Ridge and McMinn on consecutive weeks. Especially after the schedule they have played for the past three weeks. (Ooltewah, Maryville and Farragut)

A week ago, this would have seemed impossible! But, now, it looks like the most realistic scenario. You are correct, however, after the games next week, the playoff picture will be very clear for William Blount, McMinn, and Oak Ridge. If the Wildcats lose to the Govs and to Farragut, I would be very worried if I were a Wildcat fan. The Oak Ridge vs. Ooltewah game will be HUGE, and, this year, I'm not very convinced that Oak Ridge can win that game. Oak Ridge is out of the playoffs. William Blount is facing two MUST WIN games in Oak Ridge and McMinn. If the Govs win both of these, then they are more than likely looking at a third seed, which would bode very well for the Govs, possibly having them make another trip to Sevierville. Oak Ridge, despite the year, is always going to be a very difficult game to win, and McMinn can beat anyone in the Region on any given night. If William Blount doesn't rebound strongly from three very draining and difficult games (Ooltewah, Maryville, and Farragut), then the Govs are on the outside looking in at the playoff picture. William Blount MUST beat McMinn to make the playoffs, and MUST beat Oak Ridge to avoid a trip to Kingsport in the first round. McMinn is pretty much waiting on the outcomes of other games in the Region before the Cherokees can get a good reading of their playoff standing. The game crucial to McMinn this week is William Blount vs. Oak Ridge, if the Wildcats lose to William Blount, the Cherokees only need either a Wildcat loss to either Farragut or Ooltewah to get in the playoffs. All of this is being said with the assumption that the bottom three teams (Soddy Daisy, Heritage, and Bradley Central) don't pull any upsets, which they more than likely will not. Going to be a VERY exciting two weeks!!

i say ooltewah, oakridge, farragut, and soddy daisy in no particulary order

How do you think that Soddy will make the playoffs? They play McMinn, Oak Ridge, Farragut, and Ooltewah the next four weeks. A loss to Bradley is NEVER good, and all the Trojans have shown me so far is that they struggle with teams like Bradley and Heritage. If you think beating the Mountaineers is an accomplishment, wait until you go to Oak Ridge and Ooltewah. No disrespect intended at all toward Soddy, they are a young program on the rise, but they just don't have it this year.

A week ago, this would have seemed impossible! But, now, it looks like the most realistic scenario. You are correct, however, after the games next week, the playoff picture will be very clear for William Blount, McMinn, and Oak Ridge. If the Wildcats lose to the Govs and to Farragut, I would be very worried if I were a Wildcat fan. The Oak Ridge vs. Ooltewah game will be HUGE, and, this year, I'm not very convinced that Oak Ridge can win that game. Oak Ridge is out of the playoffs. William Blount is facing two MUST WIN games in Oak Ridge and McMinn. If the Govs win both of these, then they are more than likely looking at a third seed, which would bode very well for the Govs, possibly having them make another trip to Sevierville. Oak Ridge, despite the year, is always going to be a very difficult game to win, and McMinn can beat anyone in the Region on any given night. If William Blount doesn't rebound strongly from three very draining and difficult games (Ooltewah, Maryville, and Farragut), then the Govs are on the outside looking in at the playoff picture. William Blount MUST beat McMinn to make the playoffs, and MUST beat Oak Ridge to avoid a trip to Kingsport in the first round. McMinn is pretty much waiting on the outcomes of other games in the Region before the Cherokees can get a good reading of their playoff standing. The game crucial to McMinn this week is William Blount vs. Oak Ridge, if the Wildcats lose to William Blount, the Cherokees only need either a Wildcat loss to either Farragut or Ooltewah to get in the playoffs. All of this is being said with the assumption that the bottom three teams (Soddy Daisy, Heritage, and Bradley Central) don't pull any upsets, which they more than likely will not. Going to be a VERY exciting two weeks!!

That's a great post right there. Good job TG24!!