1.) Sycamore (1-0)

1.) Stewart Co. (1-0)

1.) Creek Wood (1-0)

4.) Montgomery Central (0-0)

4.) Waverly Central (0-0)

6.) Cheatham Co. (0-1)

6.) Harpeth (0-1)

6.) Fairview (0-1)

Tomorrow Night marks the second night of district action for the 2006-2007 season and EVERY TEAM IN THE DISTRICT will be playing on Tuesday :thumb:

Cheatham Co. at Harpeth

Sycamore at Fairview

Creek Wood at Stewart Co.

Waverly Central at Montgomery Central

I'LL POST THE RESULTS TO ALL OF THESE GAMES & THE UPDATED DISTRICT STANDINGS AFTER TOMORROW NIGHT'S GAMES ARE CONCLUDED!!!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a mistake...Waverly plays Hickman Co. Tonight.

The Hickman Co. fans showed the worst sportsmanship tonight. Before the game, while our boys were warming up, they had a student shouting racial, obscene, and obnoxious comments at our players. A lady went and got the coach, and he then said that he couldnt do a thing about it...show his authority :lol: . The students were OK during the game, but nothing past that. But the above all came when one of their players dunked it, then fell on the ground, he clearly broke his wrist or arm...he couldnt really move that well, as he was in shear agony. When he finally got up from the bench, he yells F*** You to the ref, our players, and our fans. For some odd reason....we got a technical on us. But you see, what i do not understand, is he gets thrown out, but we do not get technical shots. The kid also threw a chair, kicked open two doors, and yelled obscene getsures again. Poor officiating tonight..poorly handled situations. The Tigers lost by around 8.

The Hickman Co. fans showed the worst sportsmanship tonight. Before the game, while our boys were warming up, they had a student shouting racial, obscene, and obnoxious comments at our players. A lady went and got the coach, and he then said that he couldnt do a thing about it...show his authority :thumb: . The students were OK during the game, but nothing past that. But the above all came when one of their players dunked it, then fell on the ground, he clearly broke his wrist or arm...he couldnt really move that well, as he was in shear agony. When he finally got up from the bench, he yells F*** You to the ref, our players, and our fans. For some odd reason....we got a technical on us. But you see, what i do not understand, is he gets thrown out, but we do not get technical shots. The kid also threw a chair, kicked open two doors, and yelled obscene getsures again. Poor officiating tonight..poorly handled situations. The Tigers lost by around 8.

Final score Hickman 46 Waverly 36. The reason that Hickman shot two free throws and got the ball was not a technical. It was deemed an intentional foul which is two shots and the ball. No technicals were called. As far as the fans, I didn't hear anything disrespectful but I didn't see all the game. Had to leave for part of it. But the people waiting outside to fight were pathetic. That showed a lot of immaturity.

A lot of people miss Coach Craig at Waverly. Talent won the games Wavo won 2 years ago. We need him back. Our loss your gain. Good luck Coach.

Coach Craig was a very good coach at Waverly. We all wish him luck in Stewart County, except for two nights each year. However, you yourself admit later in this thread that talent alone does not win ballgames. If you want to make it sound like our present coach didn't do much two years ago with all of that talent, let's examine the situation. First of all, he was hired to be the head coach at the very end of the summer which kept him from playing in any leagues or camps at all.

Then, because of TSSAA rules, he could not have tryouts until November. He could have cut about 4 or 5 of those seniors during tryouts because he needed to keep some younger ones, but he did not. Which is why they had so many the last two years. As for all of the wins with the so called talent, yes, one of the more talented teams that Waverly has had in a while. However, anyone that is objective will agree that the 2004-05 team played better defense and offense as the season wore on. And, to think that we lost to Bolivar(2 time defending state champion at the time) by only 8 or so points, on their home floor, with our big man on the bench (Hollis fouled out in early 4th qtr), our leading scorer and playmaker on the bench with a quad injury(Ralston), not to mention playing against 2 D-I prospects on the floor, just might indicate that our coach was doing a pretty good job.

So, 'Justthefacts', you might need to step back and look at the situation. Be objective if you can. We appreciate the years Coach Craig was here, and maybe you played for both coaches and liked Coach Craig better. Fine, your right to do so. But don't bash our coach because of some misguided grudge. Or, maybe you are one of those players who should have been cut and got a gift instead. Maybe you should be thanking him for keeping you on the team. Our team is young and will get better as they get more experience. Support them if you are a true fan.

Shut up if you are not. :thumb::P

Sorry, Waverly won't win a District game unless it is Fairview. They don't have any size other than Green and he can't do it himself. They have two really good sophmores Gilbert and Goode but that's pretty much it. If Tigers don't have someone hit a growth spurt, it is going to be a long couple or three or more years.

Hey, I've got an idea! Why don't you give Coach Rawlings a call and offer up some of your basketball wisdom. I am sure he is willing to learn from such a genius. Again, support your team or be silent> :P:thumb:

Final score Hickman 46 Waverly 36. The reason that Hickman shot two free throws and got the ball was not a technical. It was deemed an intentional foul which is two shots and the ball. No technicals were called. As far as the fans, I didn't hear anything disrespectful but I didn't see all the game. Had to leave for part of it. But the people waiting outside to fight were pathetic. That showed a lot of immaturity.

Did you not hear the kid say F YOU? And he kicked the door open after he was tossed. My question, why don't we get to shoot, if a kid gets thrown out, isn't it still a technical. And i figured it was an Int. Foul, but the ref signaled the foul as a push when he called it. As far as the people waiting..glad to say i wasn't one of them

The Hickman Co. fans showed the worst sportsmanship tonight. Before the game, while our boys were warming up, they had a student shouting racial, obscene, and obnoxious comments at our players. A lady went and got the coach, and he then said that he couldnt do a thing about it...show his authority :ph34r: . The students were OK during the game, but nothing past that. But the above all came when one of their players dunked it, then fell on the ground, he clearly broke his wrist or arm...he couldnt really move that well, as he was in shear agony. When he finally got up from the bench, he yells F*** You to the ref, our players, and our fans. For some odd reason....we got a technical on us. But you see, what i do not understand, is he gets thrown out, but we do not get technical shots. The kid also threw a chair, kicked open two doors, and yelled obscene getsures again. Poor officiating tonight..poorly handled situations. The Tigers lost by around 8.

Have you seen the film? Lan got cut down in mid dunk. Waverly's coach called and apologized for the play. Class act on the coach's part. It's always good when an opposing coach worries about other players.

Well, maybe since he broke his arm, the ref thought that was enough.

I thought that the player just just fouled him on the way up, I apologize if I saw it wrong. But yelling those obscenities should give us a technical, still don't see how that went through.

And the kid that fouled him, they had about 20 kids waiting on him in the parking lot....classless

As in everything, it's all in the eye of the beholder.

I agree with the "waiting outside" thing. There's no need in it happening. I like watching games and not wondering if a fan does something stupid.

Dickson was waiting on our player on the 28th. I guess stuff will settle down now that rival weeks are over and it's district time.

Coach Craig was a very good coach at Waverly. We all wish him luck in Stewart County, except for two nights each year. However, you yourself admit later in this thread that talent alone does not win ballgames. If you want to make it sound like our present coach didn't do much two years ago with all of that talent, let's examine the situation. First of all, he was hired to be the head coach at the very end of the summer which kept him from playing in any leagues or camps at all.

Then, because of TSSAA rules, he could not have tryouts until November. He could have cut about 4 or 5 of those seniors during tryouts because he needed to keep some younger ones, but he did not. Which is why they had so many the last two years. As for all of the wins with the so called talent, yes, one of the more talented teams that Waverly has had in a while. However, anyone that is objective will agree that the 2004-05 team played better defense and offense as the season wore on. And, to think that we lost to Bolivar(2 time defending state champion at the time) by only 8 or so points, on their home floor, with our big man on the bench (Hollis fouled out in early 4th qtr), our leading scorer and playmaker on the bench with a quad injury(Ralston), not to mention playing against 2 D-I prospects on the floor, just might indicate that our coach was doing a pretty good job.

So, 'Justthefacts', you might need to step back and look at the situation. Be objective if you can. We appreciate the years Coach Craig was here, and maybe you played for both coaches and liked Coach Craig better. Fine, your right to do so. But don't bash our coach because of some misguided grudge. Or, maybe you are one of those players who should have been cut and got a gift instead. Maybe you should be thanking him for keeping you on the team. Our team is young and will get better as they get more experience. Support them if you are a true fan.

Shut up if you are not. :angry::o

I don't know who he would have cut. They were the best 9 on the team. and I know for a fact that he (coach) would call plays on the sidelines and the players went out and run what they wanted. They won the games. Last year's team was a joke. and no, I'm not a player, former player or parent or former parent. Just a fan that graduated from Waverly that wishes the sports at WCHS would be like they used to be.