District 11AA

Big Country

harpfan i know what ur talkin bout when you said west got tired in the first half. that happened to him the first half of sycamore too. he uses so much energy in the offense, he is always running around tryin to get the ball. i think he should save some energy cuz he is worn out after the first qtr.

Hey big catfish, cheatham's defense must have been TERRIBLE if dunn scored on them.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

harpfan i know what ur talkin bout when you said west got tired in the first half. that happened to him the first half of sycamore too. he uses so much energy in the offense, he is always running around tryin to get the ball. i think he should save some energy cuz he is worn out after the first qtr.

Hey big catfish, cheatham's defense must have been TERRIBLE if dunn scored on them.

The Cubs are doing it UGLY but they are getting the job done nonetheless these days. The games with Creek Wood coming up will be HUGE!!!!!

Cody Dunn is not over rated. He might of had an off night. But he , as you mentioned, was playing with a not so hot team. Need i mention again that I say look at the COACH. He needs to do something new or retire. He has talent waiting to be taught and nope he's gonna play ball like its 1982.

Lets just imagine Jackson would have been back and they would have had just a little help. ... Now that would have been a good game.

I have watched a lot of ball and I see Cody can get rattled but i think its understandable when he plays so much further a head than some of his team.

:D Where's the Harpeth love Big Country? I'll have to say that Harpeth's fortunes are directly proportional to their defensive intensity. Most of the pre Christmas games had Harpeth with big leads in the first half that they had to hold onto or in some cases lost if they lost their focus on defense. Tonight's game with Fairview was the opposite. The Indians came out sluggish in the first half and swapped baskets (and fouls) with Fairview to a lethargic 11 point halftime lead where Fairview could have been ahead if they could have made some shots. The second half was all Harpeth as they increased their defensive intensity and turned an 11 point lead into almost a 40 point blowout......without injured Chase Baker and Daniel Beasley. I think Coach Wilson pushes the right buttons at Stewart County and Harpeth wins with defense. Harpeth is playing alot of guys right now and still getting production when they need it. They'll be tough down the stetch.

NOt on the list at all?????????? YOU ARE NUTZ! Cody should be on the list. He should be at the top of it (top 3 at least)

Just becuse his team isnt hot doesnt mean he's not!

Each team in the district plays 14 district contests throughout the season.

The MVP thus far this season is without question Kevin Giltner from Harpeth. He's played the biggest in the Indians "big games" and was the key performer in their win at Sycamore. If Harpeth wins the district he should be the MVP without question.

I too think that Jake West is a really good player and probably the MVP. But I think he is best suited for a small school like Bethel, Jackson State or something like that. Because when he gets to a larger school he won't be able to shake the more athletic type player to get his points. I've also not been overly impressed with his defense. I know all the SC fans are going to get mad at me, but remember, I said he is the MVP of the District but just not big college material. As far as Cody Dunn. Forget it. Every game I've seen him play he scores most of his points on the subs. He is usually a nonfactor against good teams.

Cody might show a little more emotion but he has been very great this year and not being overly emotional. He shows a lot of growth. I think you are thinking too much about the past or you are just jealous that he has game and he has heart. If played your balls off like him with the little support he gets from his coach and his lack luster guards you woudl be emotional.

I think Jake has a lot of potential to play at the next level if he is can grow into that. Cody can hang! He matures more every game.

PS did you happen to see the Game last night.. Double over time and 38points ... what did he shoot that with his mouth?

I totally agree with you. Jake will do good at a small school on the next level. He is very inconsistent with both offense and defense. If he gets down it is very hard for him to come back and regain his composure. I truly hope he can keep it together for the remainder of the season and assist Jared Lancaster in getting a bid to the regionals again.

As far as Cody Dunn is concerned he is not a threat. He does not have the ability or attitude to play at any level. If I was the coach, he would be benched for his display of unsportmanlike behavior or totally off the team. THere is no excuse for the way he acts. Either you can play or you are just all mouth. In his case, he is just a mouth without the ability to back anything up.

I think he had a little more than mouth last night. 38 things to be exact

I think most of these guys need to start at a small school. The amount they could grow in two years at a smaller school would set them up to come back and join a larger school or stay where they are and shine.

I would hate to be a high school athelte with these web sites. Jeaslousy over dunn and others make people say dumb things.

Who is this guy???

Cody Dunn is the most immature player in the district, you dont flip people off after a game and then go after people from the other teams student section. Yea he had 38 points, but how many times did he shoot the ball probably a lot.

Uhh like your techinal term probably a lot? I guess when you have students cursing and blowing their own whistle thats ok... I agree there are some problems there but its not just one sided. I wasnt sitting on either side (kinda right in the middle up top) and wachted a lot of immaturity from the other side as well... including the Cheatam boy that got a techinical. If were gonna call it call it all the way around.

And as fara s who I am ? I have been going to high school games for a while but did not know about this site. I liek watching who ever is playing and go to games all over the county. I have enjoyed watching Cody so much I try and work on what ever side of town he is playing that day so I can watch.

Sorry to offend you but Cody ROCKS. I have watched him mature and do know he can be too emotional but he can play ball and continues to improve.