District 11AA

Big Country

Waverly put a full game together tonight and outplayed Montgomery Central from start to finish. I am even more convinced too, that Dunn is an above average player but not close to being MVP. He scored 28 tonight but most were inside shots against much shorter players. Alex Green is much better than him. He had 20 and most of them over Dunn.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

68-50 Cheatham Co. Cubs WINNER!!!!!

WOW, another shocker I thought this was going to be a good game. Cheatham is on a 5 game winning streak going into Fridays matchup against SYcamore at Home. I got Cheatham in a shocker, last second buzzer beater, DOn hits a three.

Sycamore fans tell me how Jake West scored 19, did they ever put mitchell one on one against him???

NEWLY UPDATED DISTRICT 11AA STANDINGS:

1.) Harpeth (7-1)

1.) Sycamore (7-1)

3.) Cheatham Co. (6-2)

4.) Creek Wood (5-4)

5.) Stewart Co. (4-5)

6.) Montgomery Central (2-6)

7.) Waverly Central (1-6)

8.) Fairview (1-8)

Friday Night's Games:

Sycamore at Cheatham Co.

Harpeth at Waverly Central

Stewart Co. at Montgomery Central

the correct score of the cheatham cw game was 72-56. with a cw player making an irrelevant three pointer at the buzzer. it was never close as cheatham destroyed creek wood. cheatham has won 6 straight district games and 5 overall. congrats to the players and coaches on a job well done. Friday night will be a HUGE game for both teams as well as a great atmospere!!!

the correct score of the cheatham cw game was 72-56. with a cw player making an irrelevant three pointer at the buzzer. it was never close as cheatham destroyed creek wood. cheatham has won 6 straight district games and 5 overall. congrats to the players and coaches on a job well done. Friday night will be a HUGE game for both teams as well as a great atmospere!!!

Where'd my guy get 68-50 from then????????? :thumb:

West started out the game pretty good but tailed off towards the end. I think he had bout 12 or 14 in the first half, he had like 7 or 9 in the first qtr. But he had to work for evey point he got, i know 9 of his points came when Pierre was on the bench.

Sycamore destroyed their zone, not by hittin 3's but just gettin it inside and driving in the lanes. Lohin did an awesome job of gettin in the lane and scorin, and Dempsy and Pierre did a good job of gettin the ball inside and scoring.

Amen to that. Cheatham took it to us and we didn't compete at all. If they continue to play like that, everyone better beware.

West started out the game pretty good but tailed off towards the end. I think he had bout 12 or 14 in the first half, he had like 7 or 9 in the first qtr. But he had to work for evey point he got, i know 9 of his points came when Pierre was on the bench.

Sycamore destroyed their zone, not by hittin 3's but just gettin it inside and driving in the lanes. Lohin did an awesome job of gettin in the lane and scorin, and Dempsy and Pierre did a good job of gettin the ball inside and scoring.

You are right about the War Eagles getting the ball in the lane. Their offense did everything right. Stewart County could not get anything going. I love the SC team but something has happen to the determination of the team. I know that Bramlett and Craig are trying their best to motivate them but they don't seem to be responding.

Turnovers and lack of defense are hurting the team. I am sure they will bounce back by Thursday. The season is not over yet. The standings only tell how the team is doing now. Tournament time can be different.

Lets go REBS!

The margin of victory in the Sycamore/Stewart County game is impressive. I am not surprised at the way the War Eagle defense is playing. Coach Froedden is a coach who really stresses team defense. Seems like Sycamore is buying into his system well.

Looking forward to the Sycamore vs Cheatham County game Friday night. This will be a measuring stick for the Cubs to see how much they have improved over the past month.

I see the district as being a 2 team race between Harpeth and Sycamore with the Indians getting the #1 seed. I think 3 through 5 is still wide open and those teams are pretty even depending on who shows up on a given night. Definitely want to try and stay out of the #4 / #5 play in game though. Then the cellar dwellars who I think are all about the same and will make first round exits in the tourny.

NEWLY UPDATED DISTRICT 11AA STANDINGS:

1.) Harpeth (7-1)

1.) Sycamore (7-1)

3.) Cheatham Co. (6-2)

4.) Creek Wood (5-4)

5.) Stewart Co. (4-5)

6.) Montgomery Central (2-6)

7.) Waverly Central (1-6)

8.) Fairview (1-8)

Friday Night's Games:

Sycamore at Cheatham Co.

Harpeth at Waverly Central