District 11AA

Big Country

West has done good in pretty much all the district games except Hapeth. If he has a big game and leads SC to a win Friday he will have a chance of getting MVP. He has a monkey on his back. He never plays well against Harpeth but I see him doing good and maybe for Sycamores shake they beat Harpeth.

My definition of an MVP is a player who is valuable to his whole team and one who can take over a game when needed. Coming from a Waverly fan who has no dog in this hunt, I say that Jake West is heads and shoulders above the rest of the players in the league as MVP. Dunn is only slightly above average. Just like tonight in a fairly close game with Waverly 14 pt difference at the break, West scored 15 in the third period to make the game a blow out. He performs each game. Jake West-MVP

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point in the season, having seen the majority of teams a couple of times and paying close attention to the district, I'm going to have to say Scott Newton is my front-runner. Plays above average defense, a sound rebounder and has had his big games when the team needed him the most.

Without him, Harpeth's in a dogfight for 3rd, IMHO, just without his offense. Defensively, without him, West may have scored double figures.

As far as MVP is concerned, West has showed more ability than anyone in the district. He still gets down on himself easily but when he is on, he can't be stopped. Regardless of the outcome of the Harpeth game, West is the best pick for the MVP. He is an all around player. No one else in the district plays ball on both ends of the court. It takes more than scoring to be a MVP. Lancaster at SC is also another option. He gives it 110% every game. I wish all played like him.

As far as MVP is concerned, West has showed more ability than anyone in the district. He still gets down on himself easily but when he is on, he can't be stopped. Regardless of the outcome of the Harpeth game, West is the best pick for the MVP. He is an all around player. No one else in the district plays ball on both ends of the court. It takes more than scoring to be a MVP. Lancaster at SC is also another option. He gives it 110% every game. I wish all played like him.

West must not show up on either side of the court against Harpeth, because from what I have seen he isnt physical or fast. I am sure if you get a fast pace game on him he would be as much help as he is against harpeth every time they play each other.

And schsbbfan, you have some kind of shield holding you from seeing the rest of this districts fine players, you make it sound like West is a lock and he is far from it. IMHO, Newton is on top of the leaderboard,

1. His team is leading the district.

2. He is the leader, and you can always count on him to get his 15 point 10 rebound games when needed.

3. He plays lock down D on the other teams best player, Ex. West, Dunn.

(Granted he switched with Giltner who is also somewhere near the top in the MVP race.)

Next would be Pierre Mitchell

1. He has great D.

2. He took over when Austin was injured.

3. He might not be the best scorer in the district, BUT he is with out a doubt one of the best lock down D players.

Then third is Jake West

1. Obviously from box scores against some other teams besides Harpeth he can score

2. He is the core of his team, and stepped up this year to be a leader from what I have seen.

3. The only thing that is holding him back is not coming up with the big game wins. Like Harpeth, Sycamore, and Cheatham.

The rest of the list would go like this in my opinion....

Giltner

Lohin

Beach

Primm

schsbballfan will the rowdy rebels be attending the game friday??

Edited by HHSnumber1fan

You cant have Baker on ur list, he hasnt played enough games to be up for MVP, but his stock can rise towards the end of the season. And how can you say West brings it on both sides of the court? Stewart plays zone, and when they played against Sycamore they scored majority of thier points on his side of it. I would say Newton or Giltner for now, but i think if Sycamore passes them in the standings look for Lohin to be in the front, cuz right now he is playin his best ball.

Who else does Harpeth have left in the district? I know Sycamore has the bottom of the district left. The last game between Sycamore and Harpeth will be one of the best games in this districts history, cuz its two great teams, the number one spot will be on the line, and oh its one of the biggest rivals in tennessee.