District 11AA

Big Country

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West must not show up on either side of the court against Harpeth, because from what I have seen he isnt physical or fast. I am sure if you get a fast pace game on him he would be as much help as he is against harpeth every time they play each other.

And schsbbfan, you have some kind of shield holding you from seeing the rest of this districts fine players, you make it sound like West is a lock and he is far from it. IMHO, Newton is on top of the leaderboard,

1. His team is leading the district.

2. He is the leader, and you can always count on him to get his 15 point 10 rebound games when needed.

3. He plays lock down D on the other teams best player, Ex. West, Dunn.

(Granted he switched with Giltner who is also somewhere near the top in the MVP race.)

Next would be Pierre Mitchell

1. He has great D.

2. He took over when Austin was injured.

3. He might not be the best scorer in the district, BUT he is with out a doubt one of the best lock down D players.

Then third is Jake West

1. Obviously from box scores against some other teams besides Harpeth he can score

2. He is the core of his team, and stepped up this year to be a leader from what I have seen.

3. The only thing that is holding him back is not coming up with the big game wins. Like Harpeth, Sycamore, and Cheatham.

The rest of the list would go like this in my opinion....

Giltner

Lohin

Beach

Primm

schsbballfan will the rowdy rebels be attending the game friday??

he had 19 against sycamore and had 35 against cheatham he came out early of the third against harpeth so i guess that aint good to yall man i guess these players are having 40 point games and ive never heard about it

THANKS!!!!!

Some will come but not everyone so they might not chant but u will hear some of them on bad calls and stuff but that is a far drive for them

NEWLY UPDATED DISTRICT 11AA STANDINGS & THE NEW SCHEDULE:

1.) Harpeth (9-1): won first meeting over Sycamore.

1.) Sycamore (9-1)

3.) Cheatham Co. (6-3): won first meetings over both Creek Wood & Stewart Co.

4.) Stewart Co. (6-5)

5.) Creek Wood (5-5)

6.) Montgomery Central (2-8): split season series with both Waverly & Fairview.

7.) Fairview (1-8)

8.) Waverly Central (1-8)

NOTE: Creek Wood & Stewart Co. split their regular season series with one another.

The winner of the regular season finale between Harpeth & Sycamore will more than likely wind up winning the regular season district crown and enter the postseason tourney as the #1 seed. The loser would then be the #2 seed and more than likely play a "better team" in the district semifinals.

Cheatham Co. is in the driver's seat to enter the district tourney as the #3 seed and avoid playing in the always difficult #4 vs #5 first round opener as a result of their wins over both Creek Wood and Stewart Co. They have two games to secure that spot the next two upcoming Tuesday nights (at Stewart Co. & vs Creek Wood at home). Creek Wood & Stewart Co. are in a heated race right now to see who'll possibly be the host team of that potential opening round contest.

Montgomery Central is the #6 seed right now which means that if the tourney started today they wouldn't have to beat either Sycamore or Harpeth to get to the Regionals the following week. They split the season series with both Waverly Central and Fairview. Those two teams currently have the same record within the district and they play one another twice in a one week span (next Tuesday at Fairview and then the following Monday at Waverly). If either of them sweeps the other then that team would then likely jump Montgomery Central in the standings and play what would have to be considered "a very much more winable first round matchup" against a team NOT NAMED Harpeth or Sycamore (Mont. Cent. would have to lose out to four of the top five teams in the district under this scanario which is very likely).

DISTRICT 11AA SCHEDULE THE REMAINDER OF THE WAY:

Friday 1/26/07: Stewart Co. at Harpeth & Montgomery Central at Sycamore

Tuesday 1/30/07: Cheatham Co. at Stewart Co.; Creek Wood at Montgomery Central; Waverly Central at Fairview

Friday 2/2/07: Harpeth at Cheatham Co.; Fairview at Creek Wood; Montgomery Central at Stewart Co.; Sycamore at Waverly Central

Monday 2/5/07: Fairview at Waverly Central

Tuesday 2/6/07: Fairview at Sycamore; Harpeth at Montgomery Central; Creek Wood at Cheatham Co.

Friday 2/9/07: Fairview at Cheatham Co.; Creek Wood at Waverly Central; Sycamore at Harpeth

Monday 2/12/07: Cheatham Co. at Waverly Central

he had 19 against sycamore and had 35 against cheatham he came out early of the third against harpeth so i guess that aint good to yall man i guess these players are having 40 point games and ive never heard about it

Some will come but not everyone so they might not chant but u will hear some of them on bad calls and stuff but that is a far drive for them

Good he came out in the mid third by your knowledge, but guess how many points he had in those three quarters.... 4 big ones guess how many points Newton has in big game situations....

First CW game(the only one we lost) he had 20

Cheatham he had 13 which is what he is good for every game(even big ones) and there is no telling how many rebounds he had. Most likely around 9 or 10.

Sycamore he had 8, but he held there the post position to less than 10 points.

2nd Sycamore game he had 14.

In the 2nd CW game he had 17.

Stewart Co. he had 16, so you can take how many West had and multiply that by 4.

All these were big games lets average those out, thats 15 points a game in big situations.

West in big game situations, had 25 against CW in his only big game win.

in the other CW game West had 13, in a loss.

against Sycamore he had 19 and 13, both in losses.

against Cheatham he had 35 in a loss.

against Harpeth 4.

WEst averages 18 in big games. I will give him that he averages more points to Newton, but there is a trend WEst fallows, he scores almost half the points every game. I am sure there are other people on the court that are going to be open, especially when WEst is getting zoned on in a game, but it seems like he just shoots all the time. While Newton gives the ball up a majority of the time, granted he has more options, but doesnt a MVP bring out the best in his team as well??? Just a question I was wondering about. We will see how WEst does on Newton tomorrow. Hope all you Rowdy Rebels come out to Ktown, we will be rocking, and we will show you a thing or two, OOHHHH and we wont leave in the third quarter like somebody did.

Edited by HHSnumber1fan

Good he came out in the mid third by your knowledge, but guess how many points he had in those three quarters.... 4 big ones guess how many points Newton has in big game situations....

First CW game(the only one we lost) he had 20

Cheatham he had 13 which is what he is good for every game(even big ones) and there is no telling how many rebounds he had. Most likely around 9 or 10.

Sycamore he had 8, but he held there the post position to less than 10 points.

2nd Sycamore game he had 14.

In the 2nd CW game he had 17.

Stewart Co. he had 16, so you can take how many West had and multiply that by 4.

All these were big games lets average those out, thats 15 points a game in big situations.

West in big game situations, had 25 against CW in his only big game win.

in the other CW game West had 13, in a loss.

against Sycamore he had 19 and 13, both in losses.

against Cheatham he had 35 in a loss.

against Harpeth 4.

WEst averages 18 in big games. I will give him that he averages more points to Newton, but there is a trend WEst fallows, he scores almost half the points every game. I am sure there are other people on the court that are going to be open, especially when WEst is getting zoned on in a game, but it seems like he just shoots all the time. While Newton gives the ball up a majority of the time, granted he has more options, but doesnt a MVP bring out the best in his team as well??? Just a question I was wondering about. We will see how WEst does on Newton tomorrow. Hope all you Rowdy Rebels come out to Ktown, we will be rocking, and we will show you a thing or two, OOHHHH and we wont leave in the third quarter like somebody did.

[/b]newton couldnt hold jake west's jockstrap

I think this game will be a better game than most think. SC had Harpeth were they wanted them last time until Harpeth had a run to end the 2nd. I think West and Lancaster will step it up and we might see OT :thumb:

IMO the difference maker is the man that is on the CoachT home page banner, Mr. Chase Baker. Harpeth has SC's number and the home court advantage of Harpeth is just too strong. The Indians have been playing with a fire under them since Christmas break. I'm not saying it's gonna be a blow out but I am picking Harpeth by atleast 10

IMO the difference maker is the man that is on the CoachT home page banner, Mr. Chase Baker. Harpeth has SC's number and the home court advantage of Harpeth is just too strong. The Indians have been playing with a fire under them since Christmas break. I'm not saying it's gonna be a blow out but I am picking Harpeth by atleast 10

hey buddy thats kinda weird if he held jake's jockstrap for 3 years but this aint gonna be like the last time ya'll played it will be more than u can think we might not bring all the rowdy rebels to the game but trust me u'll know were there if we was just make sure ya'll can be loud but respectful and lets have a good ball game 2nite!