Dyersburg at Covington

Augielio

Dyersburg-3 Covington-0

Dyersburg came in averaging 39.8 points per game, Covington came in averaging 30.8. The two teams combined for 3 points on a sailing, ugly, and possibly tipped 27 yard FG late in the third quarter by the Trojans' Kyle Youmans.

But it gets stranger. After having a TD on a speed sweep called back in the 2nd quarter, Covington never got closer than the Trojan 29 yard line. Covington, had a total of 3 turnovers for the season going in, but coughed it up 5 times, losing all of them. Covington threw 6 passes--none were complete and Dyersurg intercepted 3 of them (4 actually, but the Dyersburg DB dropped on right in his hands). Dyersburg had 1 turnover. Dyersburg, which had rushed for over 250 yards a game....got 61. Dyersburg had 134 yards of total offense, Covington-136. An incredible total of 19 running plays by the two teams resulted in losses. Each team had 35 yards in penalties.

The two defenses dominated and the only people who were able to move the ball were the two punters--Steven Hoskins punted 4 times for a 42 yard average for Covington and Dustin Fowler averaged 38 yards on 6 punts for Dyersburg--in spite of having one blocked. The two had 6 punts of more than 45 yards.

Maybe the goblins got their months mixed up and hexed the offenses a month early. Dyersburg is now 6-1, 3-1 in the conference, and so is Covington.

Having not seen Dyersburg play until Friday, I don't know if the offenses played that bad or the defenses where that good. If the Chargers are going to lose, I would rather it be to a dang good team by the lowest score possible (i guess it could have been 2-0 but very rare). I love this game!!!

Having not seen Dyersburg play until Friday, I don't know if the offenses played that bad or the defenses where that good. If the Chargers are going to lose, I would rather it be to a dang good team by the lowest score possible (i guess it could have been 2-0 but very rare). I love this game!!!

covington played an awsome game. the long run that was called bask was a lagit call, there was two holds that sprung the running back, not saying that he wouldt have broke it any way. but as you can see by the way the rest of the game went the trojan d was playing great. as a trojan fan i believe tha covington is the best team we have played by far.. i dont look forward to running into them in the play offs, having said that good luck charger, and i hope you win out!!!!

Edited by trojanfan56

covington played an awsome game. the long run that was called bask was a lagit call, there was two holds that sprung the running back, not saying that he wouldt have broke it any way. but as you can see by the way the rest of the game went the trojan d was playing great. as a trojan fan i believe tha covington is the best team we have played by far.. i dont look forward to running into them in the play offs, having said that good luck charger, and i hope you win out!!!!

You do remember you played Crockett County don't you??..I've seen the big three in action this year....Crockett Co is the best football team in the region.....

That hold sprung the quarterback. It happened right in front of me. The charger had him in a headlock!! Good call.

You do remember you played Crockett County don't you??..I've seen the big three in action this year....Crockett Co is the best football team in the region.....

crockett made some big plays in the first quarter after that, they didnt show me anything great. they are a great team, i believe covington can beat them, they may not but they can, covington probley has more athletes than any other team in the region including the trojans and cavs, now will they win over crockett who knows it will all come down to coaching, covingtons d-fence was solid friday night. they held caldwell under 100 can the cavs say that??? i will have to watch the cav and charger game it will be a great one :P

crockett made some big plays in the first quarter after that, they didnt show me anything great. they are a great team, i believe covington can beat them, they may not but they can, covington probley has more athletes than any other team in the region including the trojans and cavs, now will they win over crockett who knows it will all come down to coaching, covingtons d-fence was solid friday night. they held caldwell under 100 can the cavs say that??? i will have to watch the cav and charger game it will be a great one :lol:

Give it up already! It doesn't matter how many yards Caldwell had against Crockett County, the score doesn't change. Covington vs Crockett County is going to be a great game. What Caldwell did against either team will have no bearing on the outcome.

Give it up already! It doesn't matter how many yards Caldwell had against Crockett County, the score doesn't change. Covington vs Crockett County is going to be a great game. What Caldwell did against either team will have no bearing on the outcome.

I honestly say crockett will win big against covington... by at least two scores.. i said the same about the crocket dburg game and ive got the same feeling about this game... just my opinon .... cant wait till this game!!

I honestly say crockett will win big against covington... by at least two scores.. i said the same about the crocket dburg game and ive got the same feeling about this game... just my opinon .... cant wait till this game!!

i know the score was 28-14 but that was not a "big" win. it was 21-14 and dyersburg had the ball with chances to tie it. if the same thing happens in this game, it will be another close and exciting game to watch!

No doubt about it, Crockett County beat Dyersburg. I think what he meant by his comment was Covington's defense is by far the best defense that Dyersburg has faced. Crockett's fire power on offense vs Covington's defense should be a good one.

Who wins the region if Covington beats Crockett Co.????? It would set up as a three-way tiebreaker with all of them having the same overall record, same record against teams in the region, and all of them would have beaten one another.

I believe this could wind up being a case like on the movie "Friday Night Lights" where the region champion could be determined by a coin flip.

It doesn't matter though because all of them are playoff bound and all will win their opening round matchups in the playoffs. These are three teams that are going to have to beat one another twice (and then beat either Lipscomb, Giles Co., or Jackson South Side) if they want to get to Murfreesboro.

Who wins the region if Covington beats Crockett Co.????? It would set up as a three-way tiebreaker with all of them having the same overall record, same record against teams in the region, and all of them would have beaten one another.

I believe this could wind up being a case like on the movie "Friday Night Lights" where the region champion could be determined by a coin flip.

It doesn't matter though because all of them are playoff bound and all will win their opening round matchups in the playoffs. These are three teams that are going to have to beat one another twice (and then beat either Lipscomb, Giles Co., or Jackson South Side) if they want to get to Murfreesboro.

how does the tie work? is it like middle school and go by point spread or is it a coin flip? 1& 2 is what matters third place plays on the road, unless the third seat has won the game over the second or first seat they are going to have to play then it shuld go to who has won head up... does anyone know? and in my previos post i was refering to covington having the better of the two d-fence's by far... 28-14 win big thats a joke try 21-14 with the trojans moving the ball with ease until a coastly pic was returnd to the 5 yrd line with 1.00 left in the game. but as a trojan fan i will say thats what dyersburg deserved the loss for not preparing and respecting crockett's passing game, but wait till the trojans see crockett again it wont be any suprises and crockett knows the ball will go to caldwell so here he comes, i belive covington held caldwell to 20 yrds great d-fence covington, caldwell had over 100 against crockett,, but it doesnt matter because the trojans fell short. i will be at the crockett covington game for sure, it will be a great one,