Greeneville at Morr-West

randy3116

Hopefully it will be a good hardnose football game from both teams. Does Greeneville have a chance, of course they do, that's why you play the game. From what I hear G-ville has alot of speed and everyone knows how that can effect a football game. I can't see Coach Woods and his staff not having the Trojans ready. I think once again the 2nd half will be the story, the Trojans are too deep and talented.

As for some of the above post... this is a football thread, let the extra carricular activities go, the game will be decided on the field. I hope is a good clean game, injury free, and enjoyed by both teams and fans. Those of us that were at Boone last week can attest to the sportmanship and friendliness of the Boone fans, Trojan Nation remember being a fan not only means you support and cheer for the Trojans but also means you treat the opponents and their fans with respect.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully it will be a good hardnose football game from both teams. Does Greeneville have a chance, of course they do, that's why you play the game. From what I hear G-ville has alot of speed and everyone knows how that can effect a football game. I can't see Coach Woods and his staff not having the Trojans ready. I think once again the 2nd half will be the story, the Trojans are too deep and talented.

As for some of the above post... this is a football thread, let the extra carricular activities go, the game will be decided on the field. I hope is a good clean game, injury free, and enjoyed by both teams and fans. Those of us that were at Boone last week can attest to the sportmanship and friendliness of the Boone fans, Trojan Nation remember being a fan not only means you support and cheer for the Trojans but also means you treat the opponents and their fans with respect.

Agreed. Very well said! :lol:

Boonie's assessment of Greeneville was spot on. If they just had a bit more size all around this might be a game. I am afraid I won't make it to Morristown for this one. I tend to be claustrophobic and the visitors stands at Burke-Toney get kinda tight when you cram 177 band members and all those traveling Devil Fans. I will just have to listen to this one on the radio.

Edited by barb

Mo. West will have no trouble with Greeneville. Greeneville lost ot Sullivan South, and in my opinion South has just been lucky, and is not a great football team (south).

Greeneville will be in the game, but Mo. West will remain undefeated..

Mo. West 28

Greeneville 14

Edited by athlete269

Randy, do you have a child on the team? Just trying to figure out who you are? My sons are #56 on varsity and #6 on Freshmen.

Nope. Just enjoy high school football, especially class 4A. Been a West fan for a while now. East, too, except when the city championship is played.

Senior season is special for both the player and parents. Enjoy!!

Nope. Just enjoy high school football, especially class 4A. Been a West fan for a while now. East, too, except when the city championship is played.

Senior season is special for both the player and parents. Enjoy!!

The oldest is just a junior, so I will get to experience that next year. It will be better since both will be on the varsity squad.

Let me say thank you for the support. We enjoy all the support we can get and it makes a difference to the team.

Edited by leectn

Boonie's assessment of Greeneville was spot on. If they just had a bit more size all around this might be a game. I am afraid I won't make it to Morristown for this one. I tend to be claustrophobic and the visitors stands at Burke-Toney get kinda tight when you cram 177 band members and all those traveling Devil Fans. I will just have to listen to this one on the radio.

I wish we could extend the stands, but I do not see that happening. Sorry you cannot come, because I am sure it will be a good game. As I said earlier, you cannot look at records when it comes to West / Greeneville. A very emotional game for all concerned and the players from both teams bring their best.

I am looking forward to it and hope for a good game (especially from a West standpoint).

I wish we could extend the stands, but I do not see that happening. Sorry you cannot come, because I am sure it will be a good game. As I said earlier, you cannot look at records when it comes to West / Greeneville. A very emotional game for all concerned and the players from both teams bring their best.

I am looking forward to it and hope for a good game (especially from a West standpoint).

I wouldn't be so tight if Greeneville's band weren't so big. I would suggest paring it down for road games but it is the only thing we have during football season that is bigger and better than West :lol:

Some stats for both teams:

West averages 38.4 ppg while giving up 11 ppg. The record of our opponents is 21 wins 28 losses

Greeneville averages 22.4 ppg while giving up 16.3. The record of their opponents is 22 wins 27 losses

I wish I could find yardage, first down, etc information, but do not know where to look.