Unicoi Co. 35 Sull. North 28

randy3116

Unicoi has South, East and Central the last three weeks.

North has Johnson County, South and TN. High in there last three.

Unicoi has an edge with the schedule for sure and might only have to win one of the last three games and could win more as for North needs to really upset a couple teams and it would be upsets.

I really don't see North winning any of those games . But Unicoi ought to beat Central, and has a chance against East. But even if they dont beat East, Betsy would still have to win out their Conferance play to get in the play-offs cause Unicoi owns the tie breaker... But then If East beats both Unicoi and Elizabethton, they'll get the 4th play-off spot..... At least I think thats right... So right now, it looks like Unicoi is in the catbird's seat...

Edited by Rangerbook06

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both North and Unicoi are sitting at 2-2 in the conference, placing them in a tie for the last seat in the current playoff positioning. However, if they were to finish the season in a tie, the breaker would go to Unicoi for their win in the showdown. In order to solidify the spot, Unicoi would have to win two out of their last three conference games. Good luck to both teams and continue to portray what determination, toughness, pride, and sportsmanship is all about in our region.

Tell me where North will get another conference win??

Congratulations to the Blue Devils!!! When THS took the trip to Unicoi the Blue Devil fans packed the stands in support of their team. Even though it was obvious early on how this game was going to play out, their fans were behind their team until the fat lady sang. It would be nice to see them rewarded with a playoff spot. It’s obvious to me that they have found their second wind when they upset Betsy and the win over North should serve notice that they mean business!!! :angry: I think that 4th spot is still wide open…and depending on how the chips fall Unicoi, North, East, and Elizabethton all still have a shot.

I'll say it North has no shot, period...I have pulled for them for years and the only game i've missed in 10 years was last weeks, and i'm glad too! Not taking anything away from Unicoi,congrads on big win.But i'm sick of watching North every year giving away games and blowing oppertunities..But they always have a million excuses other than the fact that they won't play to there potential.As long as the other team isn't far superior it's a nailbiter.Thats because they play to other teams potential and not there own.No matter how good or bad the other team is it goes down to the wire.Because they do just enough,and alot of times it bites them.Case in point, They played Boone down to the wire with a solid effort.Boone is one of the better teams around here, they lose to a Betsy team 21-17, barely beat Central 9-3 and in reality should have lost that game.Then lose to Unicoi in OT, East has a decent team,better than those three and they beat them 21-7 in a closer game than the score indicates.14-7 when East qb throwed interception right to North in the flats,where it was run straight in for TD. My point is they don't apply theirself and play to there potential everytime out.Then they wanna complain and make excuses, when in reality they play lazily,sloppy and don't exacute at times.They pick and choose when they wanna play, did the samething last year.Both years they shouldve been in playoffs,i pretty much told ya in the Central thread after that game it was comin.Just like i said they blowed it problem is instead of bowing there backs and doing something about it, they'll find excuses or wanna fight about it.Instead of listening to people and bearing down and play every play of every game focused and like it's the last...Go ahead and let me have it guru, but what i've said is the truth.Thats why the effort is the way it is,people blaming coaches,refs,other players,and even fans.They know there gonna get patted when they come off that field and told what a great job they did and if such and such wouldve done this or that.They've learned the easy way to deal with things,thats why they never reach there full potential.I'm not given no break, they should be 6-1 right now PERIOD!!!!

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage. --

Of all your troubles, great and small, the greatest are the ones that don't happen at all. -- Thomas Carlyle He who falls in love with himself will have no rivals. -- Source Unknown When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt Adversity causes some men to break, and others to break records. -- Source Unknown Difficulties in live are intended to make us better, not bitter. -- Dan Reeves Happiness, I have discovered, is nearly always a rebound from hard work. -- David Grayson Sometimes it is more important to discover what one cannot do than what one can do. -- Lin Yutang Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them. But do not let them master you. -- Hellen Keller Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear. -- Source Unknown Ingenuity plus courage plus work equals miracles. -- Bob Richards

Heroes A life of frustration is inevitable for any coach whose main enjoyment is winning. -- Chuck Noll Success isn't something that just happens - success is learned, success is practiced and then it is shared. -- Sparky Anderson Character is that which reveals moral purpose, exposing the class of things a man chooses or avoids. -- Aristotle Make yourself necessary to somebody. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson Everyone I meet is in some way my superior. -- William Shakespeare The only way to maximize potential for performance is to be calm in the mind. -- Brian Sipe Every game is an opportunity to measure yourself against your own potential. -- Bud Wilkinson It is how you show up at the showdown that counts. -- Homer Norton Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period. -- Lou Holtz Discipline is not a dirty word. -- Pat

Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in our out. -- Pat Riley I have seen that in any great undertaking, it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself. -- Lone Man The main ingredient in stardom is the rest of the team. -- Source Unknown No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave. -- Calvin Coolidige The one man team is a complete and total myth. -- Don Shula One finger cannot lift a pebble. -- Hopi Saying Team guts always beat individual greatness. -- Bob Zuppke Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage. -- Bart Starr What I spent, I had; What I kept, I lost; What I gave, I have. -- Henry Ward Beecher I've never known anyone so loyal. If you are Larry Bird's teammate, you are one of the most important people in the world to him. -- Kevin McHale

Coaching is not a natural way of life. Your victories and losses are too clear cut. -- Tommy Prothro Make sure that team members know they are working with you, not for you. -- John Wooden Leadership, like coaching, is fighting for the hearts and souls of men and getting them to believe in you. -- Eddie Robinson Coaching is a profession of love. You can't coach people unless you love them. -- Eddie Robinson What makes a good coach? Complete dedication. -- George Halas A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order. -- Bud Grant I'd rather be a football coach. That way you can lose only 11 games a season. I lost 11 games in December alone! -- Abe Lemons The secret to winning is constant, consistent management. -- Tom Landry Overcoaching is the worst thing you can do to a player. -- Dean Smith It's a very bad thing to become accustomed to good luck. -- Publilius Syrus I learn teaching from teachers. I learn golf from golfers. I learn winning from coaches. -- Harvey Penick In a crisis, don't hide behind anything or anybody. They are going to find you anyway. -- Bear Bryant You can motivate by fear, and you can motivate by reward. But both those methods are only temporary. The only lasting thing is self motivation. -- Homer Rice My responsibility is leadership, and the minute I get negative, that is going to have an influence on my team. -- Don Shula Either love your players or get out of coaching. --

Bear Bryant could take his'n and beat your'n, or he could take your'n and beat his'n. -- Bum Phillips I don't have any tricky plays, I'd rather have tricky players. -- Abe Lemons The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. -- Oscar Wilde Fault finding is like window washing. All the dirt seems to be on the other side. -- Source Unknown When I play, I'm boiling inside. I just try not to show it because it's a lack of composure, and if you give in to your emotions after one loss, you're liable to have three or four in a row. -- Chirs Evert There is no room in your mind for negative thoughts. The busier you keep yourself with the particulars of shot assessment and execution, the less chance your mind has to dwell on the emotional. This is sheer intensity. -- Jack Nicklaus In the end, the game comes down to one thing: man against man. May the best man win. -- Sam Huff When they treat you bad, you just got to take care of your pride, no matter what. -- Satchel Paige I celebrate a victory when I start walking off the field. By the time I get to the locker room, I'm done. -- Tom Osborne You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy. -- Arthur Ashe Victory belongs to the most persevering. -- Napoleon