Sycamore @ Macon Co.

geo1126

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened? Why didn't the coaches play the clock in the last few moments of the 4th? Very fustrating.......I thought you used the clock to your advantage?

Oh I feel so bad :lol: I feel so bad for our guys they wanted this so bad and I almost couldn't bring myself to say something to a few of them cause of those faces after the game. No idea what happened rockytop no clue but they didn't just hand it to them well maybe the 1st 8 minutes or so of the game wasn't so good but the second was good but that last touchdown they got I knew then it didn't look good I thought to myself uh oh then that bad feeling set in there and I never get those but I did last night. 2 more games for those seniors bless their hearts then thats it. Not much more to say.

Sycamore got out of Lafayatte barely with a win last night with horrible officiating. Matt Carrigan started of the game with a 46 yard run to get the offense going for the War Eagles. Then things started going back and forth for both teams. Derek Cannon had a 5 yard TD run for Sycamore and then John Clanton ran a 37 yard touchdown off of a reverse. The Sycamore defense started to step it up after these two scores. On the next War Eagle possession, Blake Morris caught a 40 yard touchdown pass from Austin Lohin. Then in the fourth quarter, Sycamore's defense got back to back stops on two Macon Co. offensive possessions. Matt Carrgian had 157 rushing yards on the night and Lohin had 79 passing yards and 66 rushing yards. Both the offensive and defensive line for Sycamore did a great job. This Sycamore ball club has just been outstanding in region play after losing the first three. With that victory over Macon Co. last night, that puts the War Eagles at 6-3 oevrall and 2-3 in the region. Sycamore hosts Dekalb Co. at home at Ralph Spangler Stadium next Friday night at 7:30 for Senior Night. With a win over Dekalb, that would put the War Eagles definitely in the 3A State Playoffs after missing them the past 3 years in a row. Great job SYCAMORE!!!!!!!! :thumb: