Independence @ Ravenwood

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a must win game for Indy. It might seem crazy but it's true.

I look for them to come out on fire and the defense will be stuffing the Ravenwood O all night, especially if the rumors about Becker being hobbled are true.

Independence 27

Ravenwood 17

I believe this is a bigger game for Ravenwood after already losing to Brentwood and Franklin. :thumb:

I believe this is a bigger game for Ravenwood after already losing to Brentwood and Franklin. :lol:

It is big for both teams.

Is this the battle of Birds of Prey. One that is extinct (raptors) and the other that is the king of all Birds of Prey (eagle). Ok, stupid question but it is early in the morning... :thumb::huh:

Best of luck to both teams....I'm going with Independence in a rathter close game. 28-21.

Edited by SACDAWGS

It is big for both teams.

Is this the battle of Birds of Prey. One that is extinct (raptors) and the other that is the king of all Birds of Prey (eagle). Ok, stupid question but it is early in the morning... :thumb::lol:

Best of luck to both teams....I'm going with Independence in a rathter close game. 28-21.

It is the battle of Birds of Prey, but neither is extinct. You are thinking of the dino raptor...Ravenwood is the Red Tail Hawk "Raptor", very much alive and well in the midstate. RHS 21 IHS 17.

I believe there are 2 big factors that are going to play a part in the Independence win over Ravenwood.

1) The loss last week has affected every single person on the Eagles team and has given them something to prove. I may be crazy, but I don't think the loss to DC was a terrible thing. A reality check may be exactly what the Eagles need to carry them through the rest of the season.

2) The weather. It's supposed to be cold and wet. I see Pettigrew having a knock out game in the cold weather. The undersized Ravenwood line will buckle when he comes running at them at 100 mph. in the 37 degree weather. I wouldn't want to get hit by him.

I think Ravenwood will put up one heck of a fight but I think there are too many factors that put Indy at an advantage. I absolutely can not wait until tomorrow night. I hope to see every one of you there to see a full out fight to the finish

I believe there are 2 big factors that are going to play a part in the Independence win over Ravenwood.

1) The loss last week has affected every single person on the Eagles team and has given them something to prove. I may be crazy, but I don't think the loss to DC was a terrible thing. A reality check may be exactly what the Eagles need to carry them through the rest of the season.

2) The weather. It's supposed to be cold and wet. I see Pettigrew having a knock out game in the cold weather. The undersized Ravenwood line will buckle when he comes running at them at 100 mph. in the 37 degree weather. I wouldn't want to get hit by him.

I think Ravenwood will put up one heck of a fight but I think there are too many factors that put Indy at an advantage. I absolutely can not wait until tomorrow night. I hope to see every one of you there to see a full out fight to the finish

Indy,

You learn nothing from a win. Coach Smith has said this many times. I hate to say there is ever a good loss, but sometimes when you lose it forces you to re-evaluate your situation and make changes. I think the Eagles will rebound.

I wouldn't want to get hit by Pettigrew no matter what the temperature is. The O-line was getting him to the second level and deeper and I will pick him up against any secondary player when it comes to hitting.

Is there anyone that can give a real, and well thought out, reason as to why Indy has gone from being talked about like a top-tier team in this region to being treated like the gutter team from last year? Come on people, Indy has lost one game (a very close game) to a very strong Dickson Co. squad whose only loss came to Riverdale.

Because the win against Franklin was a fluke!

Referring to becker being injured he was hobbled against centennial, he is probable for thursday night's game but if he isnt who knows if adam presley will play the qb spot again or the player who replaced him against centennial who's name is kes carter by the way and doesn't seem to be too shabby of a player. he is an efficient passer, with decent mobility but not as good as becker's mobility but he has enough to buy a little time. if it is cold and windy i give advantage RHS. they both do run the spread but i think indy relies on the pass more then the raptors. dont get me wrong, pettigrew is a beast out there, but the offensive line for ravenwood is massive and they will open holes for laidlaw all night, and the ravenwood defense has shown no mercy all season with only giving up at least 20 points to a powerful brentwood academy team. also the 3 point game goes advantage ravenwood who is coming along as a kicker and who is a probably mr football kicker of the year canidate maybe not this year but next year definately. But anyways the offensive line for rhs is massive and their d line is downsized from last year but they have pretty good speed and a talented linebacking core. I am obviously favoring ravenwood in this post because i no a lot about them and if i have seen indy i would probably have shown some points on them too. But the linebacking core is pretty good which is led by paul cleckner who is a beast in there and some say he was a better player the ndaniel becker from last year but ill leave that to the critics. so my prediction for this game will be

RHS 23

IHS 19

Edited by RavenRapOnTheMap32

Referring to becker being injured he was hobbled against centennial, he is probable for thursday night's game but if he isnt who knows if adam presley will play the qb spot again or the player who replaced him against centennial who's name is kes carter by the way and doesn't seem to be too shabby of a player. he is an efficient passer, with decent mobility but not as good as becker's mobility but he has enough to buy a little time. if it is cold and windy i give advantage RHS. they both do run the spread but i think indy relies on the pass more then the raptors. dont get me wrong, pettigrew is a beast out there, but the offensive line for ravenwood is massive and they will open holes for laidlaw all night, and the ravenwood defense has shown no mercy all season with only giving up at least 20 points to a powerful brentwood academy team. also the 3 point game goes advantage ravenwood who is coming along as a kicker and who is a probably mr football kicker of the year canidate maybe not this year but next year definately. But anyways the offensive line for rhs is massive and their d line is downsized from last year but they have pretty good speed and a talented linebacking core. I am obviously favoring ravenwood in this post because i no a lot about them and if i have seen indy i would probably have shown some points on them too. But the linebacking core is pretty good which is led by paul cleckner who is a beast in there and some say he was a better player the ndaniel becker from last year but ill leave that to the critics. so my prediction for this game will be

RHS 23

IHS 19

I think Indy has proven that they can rely on either offense strategy (pounding the ball or airing it out) very effectively. If Becker is out, that's a major blow for Ravenwood. Even if he isn't, a lack of mobility will leave him vulnerable to the hits of some of those linebackers (just ask Ramsey Sellers...actually he probably doesn't remember it). I think Indy can get pressure on Ravenwood but it will have to come from beyond the front three. I think that Indy's corners can shut down whoever Ravenwood throws out there at receiver. I also think that Laidlaw is a very talented back, but he's the type of back that Indy will hit in the mouth. DC brought more of a power running attack which was a lot different than what Indy had seen. Indy will come out offensively looking to neutralize the Ravenwood rush...Ravenwood's defensive scheme is very impressive and they have great players, especially Cleckner. Indy will try to use Darnell and Baugh but look for Parker and Veres to pick up the tough yards when it matters. Scott is stronger than most linemen in the area, so look for him to put some tacklers into the ground. I'm excited to see him go up against Cleckner...Scott and Frohock had some amazing hits on each other in the Franklin game.

I think that Indy will be in an offensive mindset that is focused on running and short passes. The deep threat is always there, and I think they can utilize Darnell in this game.

Don't expect Indy to get worn down by Ravenwood. Turnovers and penalties will obviously play a big part in this game, but I look for Indy to curtail their penalty problems and escape from Ravenwood with a victory.

I stick with my earlier prediction of 27-17, but it could be much worse if Becker is out.

Okay, let me hopefully start a trend and actually try and break down the game:

Both teams run similar spread offenses, so both have a secondary that knows the technique needed to negate those attacks. However, I will give the receivers for Indy the edge in speed and talent.

Both can run the ball.

I am going to give the offensive and defensive line for Ravenwood the edge in this area.

Cordell is a better passer than Becker, but Becker is a better running threat.

Kicking game favors Raptors.

Where I give the overall edge to Ravenwood is the experience factor. Experience in playing these games routinely in Region 6, and playing at home. Plus, if you use Smyrna as an example of a team that passes the ball effectively as well as runs the ball well, the Raptors passed that test. Smyrna has more talent than Indy, but Indy has better coaching.

That's how I see it.

I disagree....both teams can run the ball but if becker is not at 100% then i dont see him as that much of a running threat. As for the passing game, smyrna does have talent but they also have one target and he is a division one prospect. They dont really spread the ball around. Secondly Cordell is more accurate than Smyrna's QB (Ravenwood's Coach said it himself) although Smyrna's QB has the stronger arm. As for the kicking game i dont know what rock your head has been under. Jeff Veres has hit feild goals of 40+ yards. The kicking game is a draw.

This is my prediction for the game. I look for Indy and Cordell to spread the ball around while also keeping a balanced running attack with pettigrew and consiglio. The weather will be a factor and i think that plays to indy's favor with a big physical back in pettigrew. As for experiece, Becker is playing QB.....not TC. I look for Indy High to win a close one 24 - 20.